What's new

Thoughts and Prayers

Thanks bro, we're all ok. I'm in Bkk at the moment on holiday so I don't know what it's like there personally.

I drive past that Mosque like every week almost, it's the most peaceful area in the city right next to Hagley Park.. still kinda unbelievable what's happening.

Yeah One Love I even extend my thoughts to you... Really is bloody tragic mate, I'm glad your people are ok, must be terrible for the city and all Kiwi's.

Thanks bro, we're all ok. I'm in Bkk at the moment on holiday so I don't know what it's like there personally.

I drive past that Mosque like every week almost, it's the most peaceful area in the city right next to Hagley Park.. still kinda unbelievable what's happening.
**** man. I can't imagine what that must be like. You lovable kiwis are gonna be in my thoughts and prayers.

**** man. I can't imagine what that must be like. You lovable kiwis are gonna be in my thoughts and prayers.
Yeah One Love I even extend my thoughts to you... Really is bloody tragic mate, I'm glad your people are ok, must be terrible for the city and all Kiwi's.

Actually when I saw it in the news I contacted my family and they were like "what are you talking about?". My mom was doing gardening all day and didn't have the radio on so she was clueless.

I think initially the local people just didn't realized what had happened cos it was just concentrated at the 2 mosques, and not like it happened in an open public place or anything like that.

But yeah if i'm not mistaken this is one of the first attack like this in NZ which is kinda perplexing.

40 people now confirmed dead. Gunman was named as Brenton Tarrant from Grafton New South Wales.

Actually when I saw it in the news I contacted my family and they were like "what are you talking about?". My mom was doing gardening all day and didn't have the radio on so she was clueless.

I think initially the local people just didn't realized what had happened cos it was just concentrated at the 2 mosques, and not like it happened in an open public place or anything like that.

But yeah if i'm not mistaken this is one of the first attack like this in NZ which is kinda perplexing.

40 people now confirmed dead. Gunman was named as Brenton Tarrant from Grafton New South Wales.

Yeah I'm watching your PM on tellie at the moment the number of victims will rise. Definitely the biggest tragedy in New Zealand since the sad and untimely death of Paddles.

How can Tech companies tackle this issue of people live-streaming and posting these horrible events? Or should they?

Portions of the ghastly attack at the downtown mosque were broadcast live on social media by a man who police confirmed had also released a manifesto railing against Muslims and immigrants. The 74-page document states that he was following the example of notorious right-wing extremists, including Dylann Roof, who murdered nine black churchgoers in Charleston, S.C., in 2015.

The manifesto, littered with conspiracy theories about white birthrates and “white genocide,” is the latest sign that a lethal vision of white nationalism has spread internationally. Its title, “The Great Replacement,” echoes the rallying cry of, among others, the torch-bearing protesters who marched in Charlottesville in 2017.

The digital platforms apparently enlisted in the shooting highlight a distinctly 21st-century dimension of mass gun violence — one sure to put more pressure on social media companies already under scrutiny about how they police their services.

Also, how is his manifesto any different than what you’ll see on Fox News every night from Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson, and Pirro? Literally, the post could’ve erased the reference and told us that it was said on Fox News last night and I doubt anyone would’ve been surprised.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...gs-reported-mosques-christchurch-new-zealand/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...-praised-trump-manifesto-190315100143150.html

The Australian-born suspect who shot dead dozens of Muslim worshippers in Christchurch, New Zealand, has published a manifesto citing US President Donald Trump and Anders Breivik, the Norwegian white supremacist who murdered 77 people in Norway in 2011.

The 74-page dossier by Brenton Tarrant, which has been described by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison as a "work of hate", praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...-praised-trump-manifesto-190315100143150.html

The Australian-born suspect who shot dead dozens of Muslim worshippers in Christchurch, New Zealand, has published a manifesto citing US President Donald Trump and Anders Breivik, the Norwegian white supremacist who murdered 77 people in Norway in 2011.

The 74-page dossier by Brenton Tarrant, which has been described by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison as a "work of hate", praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".

And Dylann Roof. He was a huge fan of him. Had this guy lived in the United States, he probably would’ve marched in Charlottesville. You know, very fine people.