What's new

Tibor Pleiss Coming to the Jazz Soon?

nightmare3983

First BF League CHAMP
Contributor
David Pick @IAmDPick · 16m 16 minutes ago
Tibor Pleiss - whose rights were traded from OKC to Utah - is working on a deal to join the Jazz, a source said.

David Pick writes for Eurobasket.com according to his Twitter profile.

Wow. That's kind of cool. We will at least get to see some of the assets we got back this year then.

This is great news. Jazz were thin for big bodies since what's his name crept out of town. A rookie will be good.

This would be great. We could get a quick look at him this year and he'd likely be here this summer. We can see if he fits and if he plays well he could increase his trade value if we want to try and move up come draft night.

His next year better be a team option.

We have some cap space this off season and with Gordons contract just going two more years we have to start winning at least a little bit next season. It's time to use all that flexibility on something "impactful and more known". If we sign him and he eats up cap space this is going to be bad!

Oh.....

Emiliano Carchia @sportando about 16 minutes ago
Tibor Pleiss is not happy in Barcelona due to his role. FC Barcelona is not happy with his performances

And

David 'Dubi' Pick @IAmDPick about 18 minutes ago
Tibor Pleiss was averaging 6.9 points & 4.1 rebounds for Barcelona in the Spain. He's one of the top center overseas.

Everybody jumping.

This is just a good move if he a)doesn't decrease our cap space or b)plays amazing and we have him on a good deal.

Oh.....

Emiliano Carchia @sportando about 16 minutes ago
Tibor Pleiss is not happy in Barcelona due to his role. FC Barcelona is not happy with his performances

Well that would explain his wanting to come to the Jazz.

If he's not happy with a backup role in Spain, then he won't be happy playing for the Jazz.

So I'm wondering....

Was that good bye Turkey posters, hello Germany?

Turkey brought it strong, I am a little disappointed in the Australian contingency. Hope Germany steps up.

So I'm wondering....

Turkey brought it strong, I am a little disappointed in the Australian contingency. Hope Germany steps up.

I think a couple Turks will stick around and welcome to any Germany posters.

I totally figured. Pleiss could start for most teams in Europe-- unfortunately, he was slated behind probably the best center in Europe right now (Tomic).

What I figure is that we bring Pleiss over, and see how he performs. Cut him (via hopefully an included Team Option) if he doesn't, and go hard after Tomic.

Otherwise, we likely hang onto Pleiss, and we either trade Tomic elsewhere or the dude simply never comes.

Importantly, this gives us a much-needed backup 5-- because right now, we didn't really have one (other than playing Favors there).

So I'm wondering....

The Turks will stay. Memo brought them here, and the dude is still with the franchise. Not to mention the obvious: Memo is probably the most adored Turkish basketball athlete ever.

Everybody jumping.

This is just a good move if he a)doesn't decrease our cap space or b)plays amazing and we have him on a good deal.

Won't make much much of a difference if he's signed for the minimum. Cap holds are put in place for 1st round pick and players under contract to 12. If a team doesn't have 12, a hold is added at the minimum salary. Pleiss will be the 12th player, IINM.

It's a good move by the Jazz. Get him introduced to Quin's system, let him return home for a few weeks in April, then have him come back to start working on his game, attend Summer League, etc.

If he's not happy with a backup role in Spain, then he won't be happy playing for the Jazz.

That's not necessarily true. Games are longer here, and he has the chance for more money. We also have no backup at the center position at all.