What's new

Tibor Pleiss Coming to the Jazz Soon?

Perhaps, but maybe he's dreamed to play in the NBA all his life. If that were my dream (well it was as a kid, until I realized how grossly unrealistic it was) I might jump at the chance just to get a single minute in and get my name on the books.

And how much is Pleiss getting paid...more than $500K?
I like the idea of having a backup center. That means Favors can play all or most of his minutes at PF. Booker can still get 18 mins/per. Besides, Trevor may not even be here past next season. I hope he is; I like the intensity he brings, but you never know. Jazz could find a quality stretch-4 who's a better fit.

Looks a little more nimble than Withey and is a better shooter. I don't think he is a good 3 point shooter, but he is mid 80s percentage wise on free throws. Think about all those bricked Kanter 15-18 footers.

I think maybe he's a rich man's Withey... It's be nice if he was a Mozgov type.

This is true. I wonder if he'll need to bulk up a bit to not get abused in the NBA? Or are the Jazz hoping he could be Tiago Splitter lite?

Looks a little more nimble than Withey and is a better shooter. I don't think he is a good 3 point shooter, but he is mid 80s percentage wise on free throws. Think about all those bricked Kanter 15-18 footers.

I think maybe he's a rich man's Withey... It's be nice if he was a Mozgov type.

Mozgov can eat Pleiss for a late-afternoon snack.

You must have no faith in our current roster. We have been better than our record for a while now. Next year we get Burks back and improvement from a lot of young guys plus a lottery pick and maybe a FA or 2. I have a lot of confidence that we will make a push at the PO next year and even if we don't make it will be around a .500 team.

Over the last 29 teams the jazz are 14-15 and the next 10 games are:

Tonight v. Spurs - W
25th v. Lakers - W
27th @ Nuggets - W
28th v. Bucks - W
3rd @ Grizz - L
4th @ Celts - W
6th @ Sixers - W
8th @ Nets - W
10th v Knicks - W
12th v Rockets - L

So I call for a record of 8-2 over the next 10. With 3 more wins over "playoff" (Nets lmfao) teams .

Mozgov can eat Pleiss for a late-afternoon snack.

I don't know much about the Euro ball... any speculation I make is purely based on stats. Just hoping for the best, but you are likely right.

Tibor kills it in his highlight videos too... haven't seen him miss one shot.

I don't know much about the Euro ball... any speculation I make is purely based on stats. Just hoping for the best, but you are likely right.

Tibor kills it in his highlight videos too... haven't seen him miss one shot.

But he's rail thin, and is your typical Euro finesse big. Mozgov is a beast.

If he's not happy with a backup role in Spain, then he won't be happy playing for the Jazz.
He played 14 minutes per game against Spanish league competition, and is playing only 12 minutes per game in the Euroleague. He could easily get ~20 minutes playing for the Jazz.

Pleiss against a pretty physical frontline of Real Madrid about a year ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L79WJ_0n6g

Either way, I really hope he makes it here. I'm curious to see what he can do.

Even if I strongly disagree about Kanter with them, I like the Turks here. Heck, I like most people here regardless of their nationality.
Especially heaven harris

A full game of Pleiss if anyone's interested... potential is there but he is far from a finished product, imo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5oCjOu27o

Over the last 29 teams the jazz are 14-15 and the next 10 games are:

Tonight v. Spurs - W
25th v. Lakers - W
27th @ Nuggets - W
28th v. Bucks - W
3rd @ Grizz - L
4th @ Celts - W
6th @ Sixers - W
8th @ Nets - W
10th v Knicks - W
12th v Rockets - L

So I call for a record of 8-2 over the next 10. With 3 more wins over "playoff" (Nets lmfao) teams .
I say we go 5-5 over those next ten games

I say we go 5-5 over those next ten games

I could see the Celtics game as a L as its the 2nd night of a back to back. Then I could also see that Spurs beating the Jazz tonight. So best case 8-2 worst case 6-4.