What's new

Tibor Pleiss Coming to the Jazz Soon?

So I'm wondering....

Was that good bye Turkey posters, hello Germany?

Turkey brought it strong, I am a little disappointed in the Australian contingency. Hope Germany steps up.

Australia has some good representation on the board. SP eagle, DForceAus, and a few others. They are just not idiots like a few of the Turkey guys have been (There are great Turkish posters too, ECTYA, Addictionary...)

That's not necessarily true. Games are longer here, and he has the chance for more money. We also have no backup at the center position at all.

He's getting 14 mpg currently. How many will he get behind Gobert? He might be only a couple of minutes from being happy, but his "role" will certainly be as a backup.

He's getting 14 mpg currently. How many will he get behind Gobert? He might be only a couple of minutes from being happy, but his "role" will certainly be as a backup.

I think he's fine with a role as a back-up in the NBA. It's the role of a back-up in Europe that pissed him off-- backup bigs never make the jump over to the NBA (unless they're incredibly young), and Pleiss has repeatedly mentioned the NBA as his ultimate goal.

Australia has some good representation on the board. SP eagle, DForceAus, and a few others. They are just not idiots like a few of the Turkey guys have been (There are great Turkish posters too, ECTYA, Addictionary...)

jazzyapma, MK11, formerly Aybars, Tarkanian. They're all good folks. Hell, I even like berkkobe. It's only a couple of the posters that are pretty obnoxious. Sepanol was brutal. Ilyasova is hit/miss.

David Pick @IAmDPick · 16m 16 minutes ago
Tibor Pleiss - whose rights were traded from OKC to Utah - is working on a deal to join the Jazz, a source said.

David Pick writes for Eurobasket.com according to his Twitter profile.

Wonder how long it'll take before he demands a trade.

I'm guessing basketball is bigger in Turkey then Australia just a guess though.

Cricket World Cup is currently being played there too so they're probably too busy following that.

But you're right, I do't think basketball is as big in Australia as it is in Turkey.

Won't make much much of a difference if he's signed for the minimum. Cap holds are put in place for 1st round pick and players under contract to 12. If a team doesn't have 12, a hold is added at the minimum salary. Pleiss will be the 12th player, IINM.

It's a good move by the Jazz. Get him introduced to Quin's system, let him return home for a few weeks in April, then have him come back to start working on his game, attend Summer League, etc.

So you're assuming we sign him for the minimum? I was thinking there is no way he is coming over for the minimum. Just me doe. I mean the Sixers signed Aldemir in a similiar situation during the season and his cap hit is almost $3M. That kind of deal would take away $2,5M of our cap space.

Wonder how long it'll take before he demands a trade.

Pleiss isn't stupid. All of Europe knows how good Gobert is. He doesn't expect to start.

He's just choosing to move to a team that is best for his career and trust me-- backing up Gobert is much better for his career than backing up Tomic in Barça.

That's why the dude is so desperate to jump over, and that's why I'd say its completely up to the Jazz as to when they want this kid to jump over.

Perhaps, but maybe he's dreamed to play in the NBA all his life. If that were my dream (well it was as a kid, until I realized how grossly unrealistic it was) I might jump at the chance just to get a single minute in and get my name on the books.

Pleiss isn't stupid. All of Europe knows how good Gobert is. He doesn't expect to start.

He's just choosing to move to a team that is best for his career and trust me-- backing up Gobert is much better for his career than backing up Tomic in Barça.

That's why the dude is so desperate to jump over, and that's why I'd say its completely up to the Jazz as to when they want this kid to jump over.

Agree. Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His next year better be a team option.

We have some cap space this off season and with Gordons contract just going two more years we have to start winning at least a little bit next season. It's time to use all that flexibility on something "impactful and more known". If we sign him and he eats up cap space this is going to be bad!
You must have no faith in our current roster. We have been better than our record for a while now. Next year we get Burks back and improvement from a lot of young guys plus a lottery pick and maybe a FA or 2. I have a lot of confidence that we will make a push at the PO next year and even if we don't make it will be around a .500 team.

Looks to me like a Jeff Whithey type player, not sure how he can contribute more than that. Is he even physical enough to defend in the NBA?

So I'm wondering....

Was that good bye Turkey posters, hello Germany?

Turkey brought it strong, I am a little disappointed in the Australian contingency. Hope Germany steps up.

Hey, I've been following this forum for a long time (actually for a very long time, probably since 2000.. back on those Days, all I remember is there was a Blazers fan, who kind of annoyed everyone on the board however I can't remember his user name) So since we've got pleiss (at least the rights) I cannot resist anymore and finally joined.. Greetz from Berlin, Germany ;)

jazzyapma, MK11, formerly Aybars, Tarkanian. They're all good folks. Hell, I even like berkkobe. It's only a couple of the posters that are pretty obnoxious. Sepanol was brutal. Ilyasova is hit/miss.

Even if I strongly disagree about Kanter with them, I like the Turks here. Heck, I like most people here regardless of their nationality.

Looks to me like a Jeff Whithey type player, not sure how he can contribute more than that. Is he even physical enough to defend in the NBA?

Looks a little more nimble than Withey and is a better shooter. I don't think he is a good 3 point shooter, but he is mid 80s percentage wise on free throws. Think about all those bricked Kanter 15-18 footers.

I think maybe he's a rich man's Withey... It's be nice if he was a Mozgov type.