What's new

TMZ reports that Kobe Bryant passed away.

Of course you're correct kind sir. But alas, I felt infringed upon as I turned on the TV to watch the news this morning and then the pre-game this afternoon a full day after the heroic tragedy. Nothing of any real value, nothing but silly celebrity worship nonsense. At least if you're going to steal what little free time I have, tell me something, anything, some human interest about the others on board the flight.
Oh and it's called social commentary, it's supposed to make people think.
Let me get this straight....you felt "infringed upon" because you turned on the TV that has approximately 300 channels and you found the provided content not worthy, then you intentionally tuned into a pre-game NBA show and expected them to ignore the lost NBA icon and instead focus their content on the other's onboard? You, sir, did your job. You made me think deeply. I think you are a disgusting douchebag with white boy problems.

So many things to think about on this thread...

1. No players in the game that I hated but went on to respect more than MJ and Kobe. The two Jazz killers. Always. You just knew that they were going to find a way to beat you. We never got past MJ, and let’s face it, we never got past Kobe - apart from early on - but he’s got 5 and we still have zero.

2. Was that really the starting lineup for Kobe’s last game? That is pathetic. Look how far we’ve come. Wow. We are really close. Honestly, we just need one more piece. And it doesn’t have to be a star. When is the last time we thought that??

3. My opinion is that we gave that last game to Kobe. The 60. The win. I think Quin was all about letting Kobe do his thing out of respect.

4. The Trump / Clinton arguments obout Epstein make me laugh.

They were ALL his friend. They’re all pretty sick and twisted. Clinton flew on his private jet 26 times.

Kobe was going to do more off the court than maybe any basketball player in history. Definitely more than the MJ guy he always tried to emulate. Kobe truly was a global figure and not because he could dribble a basketball.

This loss is a damn shame. Even worse that children died as well.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Talked with a guy I play pickup ball with... his daughter is a great AAU player and had played against Kobe’s daughter... said that last week his foundation sent 3,500 to their team because they’d had trouble raising funds... they sent one letter... he responded a couple weeks later. Pretty cool.

I hope everyone takes some time to do **** that is important they normally wouldn’t. I went to my Nieces first basketball game for her 7th grade team. It was early afternoon and work is busy... had to cut a call short to get there but was really shook by the alone news and decided it was important... they got killed but she played well... we got to have a moment and my sister in law sent me a text and had a long social media post about how much it meant to have that support and how it means the world to my niece. I would have brushed this off before the news... I’m hoping to keep the same perspective and energy this news has given me... there was just something about that guy going so unexpectedly and being in similar stages of my life that has really stopped and caused me to think about what’s most important.

Incredibly sad to read those who use this platform, at this time, to condemn or demean the name or life of Kobe Bryant. From the ashes and wreckage of his great transgression in 2003, came a great story of redemption, retribution, and a life lived with a purpose of being/doing better and helping others. Everywhere he went in the world was a bit brighter because he was there. He donated time, money, and his passion for being and doing better at whatever you do was and will continue to be a great influence for millions. He was a great man, husband, and an even better father. Out of the wreckage and ashes you saw Sunday will emerge proof of a life well lived, and stories worth telling. I wasn't even a fan. I laughed at him when he shot airballs and the Jazz broomed him twice. Didn't age well as the laughter became tears as he became a 5-time champ, sometimes after dispatching the Jazz. Be better people or please don't comment.

Let me get this straight....you felt "infringed upon" because you turned on the TV that has approximately 300 channels and you found the provided content not worthy, then you intentionally tuned into a pre-game NBA show and expected them to ignore the lost NBA icon and instead focus their content on the other's onboard? You, sir, did your job. You made me think deeply. I think you are a disgusting douchebag with white boy problems.
Well then, since you're obviously just a racist thug with a prejudicial agenda, I retract the "kind sir" acclamation from my previous post because you are certainly not worthy of it. I assure you, you know nothing about me or what I'm about and from this moment forth I intend to keep it that way.

Last edited:
Incredibly sad to read those who use this platform, at this time, to condemn or demean the name or life of Kobe Bryant. From the ashes and wreckage of his great transgression in 2003, came a great story of redemption, retribution, and a life lived with a purpose of being/doing better and helping others. Everywhere he went in the world was a bit brighter because he was there. He donated time, money, and his passion for being and doing better at whatever you do was and will continue to be a great influence for millions. He was a great man, husband, and an even better father. Out of the wreckage and ashes you saw Sunday will emerge proof of a life well lived, and stories worth telling. I wasn't even a fan. I laughed at him when he shot airballs and the Jazz broomed him twice. Didn't age well as the laughter became tears as he became a 5-time champ, sometimes after dispatching the Jazz. Be better people or please don't comment.
My thoughts exactly. I was at that air ball game, sitting in great seats. I laughed and laughed and laughed at Kobe at the time... but he got the last laugh. He proved himself to be a man who is able to recognize his weaknesses and improve upon them. That's the mark of a champion. Much respect Kobe.

what have you done?
Need I remind you this is the internet? I could basically tell you anything. All I can say is that my life and work are meaningful. I don't need to defend myself any further.

I respect Kobe Bryant, he was a great basketball player. I just don't choose to worship him or any other athlete or celebrity. Nine people died on that flight and after repeated TV and internet exposure, I only know anything at all about two of them. We all live, we all die. I've got much better things to do than to relive somebody's basketball glories ad nauseam. The only two legends I care about are Stock and Malone and I'm pretty sure 24 second violations and cancelled games won't be invoked to commemorate either one.

Need I remind you this is the internet? I could basically tell you anything. All I can say is that my life and work are meaningful. I don't need to defend myself any further.

I respect Kobe Bryant, he was a great basketball player. I just don't choose to worship him or any other athlete or celebrity. Nine people died on that flight and after repeated TV and internet exposure, I only know anything at all about two of them. We all live, we all die. I've got much better things to do than to relive somebody's basketball glories ad nauseam. The only two legends I care about are Stock and Malone and I'm pretty sure 24 second violations and cancelled games won't be invoked to commemorate either one.

This Kobe worship is getting out of hand. It's like so many people are trying to deify him. So you should expect a backlash and people who didn't and don't think much of him to have their say.
Who are any of you to tell people what to think or what to say?
I don't even think he was the best player of his generation. Without Shaq or Gasol, what did he do? Miss the playoffs, that's what.
One MVP. He was very good, but hardly the dominant player.
I really don't understand any of this. It's way out of whack.
If any of you want to praise everything he did, fine. Just don't expect me to.
At some point, this will blow over and everyone will move on.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone goes to zero.

Well then, since you're obviously just a racist thug with a prejudicial agenda, I retract the "kind sir" acclamation from my previous post because you are certainly not worthy of it. I assure you, you know nothing about me or what I'm about and from this moment forth I intend to keep it that way.
Well this awkward. I was going to ask you to be my bitch.