What's new

Tom Nissalke postgame show

Archie Moses

Just listened to the postgame shown on my way home. Tom N said Derons's performance tonight was Oscar Robertson like. He also said no other pg in the league could do what Deron did tonight including John Stockton. Agree of disagree?

Any 3rd-string scrub on any NBA team could match Deron's performance so far this season. Aint that right, Archie?

30 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists is a great game.

But then again, what big name star hasn't put up these types of games? Dwade, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc put up these kind of games at least 10 times per year.

I know this is going to get me killed here, but before we make wild comparisons to Oscar, just check out CP3's season AVERAGES....

20 points (shooting 8 % better than Deron), 11 assists (2 better than Deron), 2 steals, 5 rebounds.

Deron's the man and he had a very good game. Not his best performance ever. And I have no clue why Stockton couldn't have put up those types of numbers. Probably because he didn't need to. He didn't have a SG shoot 1-13.

I didn't hear the radio show, but I suspect Nisalke was talkin bout Deron playin 54 minutes with a bad back in the second of two back-to-back games, as much as anything.

That, and having the kinda game he did, aint easy. He had more rebounds than Kaman.

I didn't hear the radio show, but I suspect Nisalke was talkin bout Deron playin 54 minutes with a bad back in the second of two back-to-back games, as much as anything.

So then was Tom then suggesting that Deron is in better shape than Stockton? Or was he suggesting that Deron is tougher than Stockton?

I'm confused.

If nuthin else, Deron is bigger and stronger than Stockton and most other point guards. Like the Big O.

I understand that this may have been one gutsy performance out of Deron. I love the guy. In fact, I have his jersey.

But saying that he did something that one of the all-time greatest PGs couldn't have done really irritates me. Stockton more than once played with injury. Stockton more than once put this franchise on his back. Stockton more than once hit game winning shots. Stockton and Oscar are all-time greats. Deron isn't even a top 10 player in this league (yet).

If nuthin else, Deron is bigger and stronger than Stockton and most other point guards. Like the Big O.

Meh. I'm not really wanting to argue much more since I agree, it was a great performance.

But I think it's worthless to question Stockton's ability to have these types of games.

And I completely disagree with the statement that "Deron is the only PG in the league that could have done this."

Apparently Tom hasn't been watching Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, John Wall, Steve nash, and CP3. Drose is averaging for the year, 25 points, 10 assists, and 4 rebounds. So basically, he's having this type of night EVERY SINGLE GAME. So I don't want to hear that Deron is doing things that no other PG in the league can do when others are already doing it.

Steph Curry is putting up some amazing numbers as only a 2nd year player and quite honestly killed us the other night.

I'm not sayin I agree with Nisalke, just that I suspect he had some particular facet of Deron's game in mind, whatever it was. I have listened to many of his broadcasts and, although he often praises Deron, he aint no Deron fanboy. I have heard him be bluntly critical of Deron at times, too.

A lot of "experts" disagree with you here. Again, I don't know what Nisalke said, exactly, or why. But I'm sure he wasn't suggesting that Deron is better than Stockton.

Who has Deron has a top 10? What is, "a lot?" Who on this list does Deron beat out?

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Dwight
6. Bosh
7. Dirk
8. Roy
9. Pau
10. Drose

Whatever Thriller. You make you list, others make theirs. I don't think guys like Rose, for example, has been named 2nd team all-NBA yet (which implies top 10). I've seen quite a few put Deron as a top 10 player in their lists. Larry Brown said Deron was a top 5 "player," emphasizin that he wasn't talkin about top 5 point guards, in the league, just for one example.

Deron was told by his doctors to rest this summer. He missed a lot of pre-season games, and is not in ideal condition. But everyone on this board seems to want to judge the whole year on the basis of the first 4-5 games. Whatever makes em happy, I guess. Just kinda funny that Deron gets discounted on a Jazzfan board while other fans and commentators around the country gush about him, ya know?

Who has Deron has a top 10? What is, "a lot?" Who on this list does Deron beat out?

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Dwight
6. Bosh
7. Dirk
8. Roy
9. Pau
10. Drose

Roy and Rose certainly. Bosh probably. So I have him at 7 and that is the consensus from most fans around the league.

Guys, you're forgetting something; Tom Nissalke is ****ING OLD.

I appreciate that he's still around, but he needs to stop talking.