What's new

Tom Nissalke postgame show

I really dont care...

I mean, the Jazz got the win and that's what's important to me. Not some garbage comparison, 4 or 5 games into the season. It's obvious this team is either needing time to gel or that it's missing a serious component to compete.

Like I said during the chat, this win was huge both for the teams psyche as well as for the teams chemistry.

I really dont care...

I mean, the Jazz got the win and that's what's important to me. Not some garbage comparison, 4 or 5 games into the season. It's obvious this team is either needing time to gel or that it's missing a serious component to compete.

Like I said during the chat, this win was huge both for the teams psyche as well as for the teams chemistry.

Two thoughts...

#1 Jefferson doesn't have nearly the hands or the jumper as Boozer or Memo.
#2 Our SG/SF situation is inconsistent. You never know when CJ is going to shoot 5-5 in 3's or airball 5 straight. Raja isn't as good as Wes or Brewer. Dropoff there....

those are the issues with our offense right there.

Read the very first post of this thread and you'll read what he said.

But that's ok, suit yourself.

Yeah, I read it. Did you? I don't even take that to be his actual words. Either way the claim is NOT that only Deron can have big games. I have made several posts which simply qualify (by speculation) what Nisalke must have been sayin.

You're not arguing with me. I doubt you are even arguing with Nisalke. You are arguing that Deron is not the best pg in the league, which aint even the claim.

You are arguin that Deron aint a top 10 player, which aint the claim either. You are arguing with yourself.

Two thoughts...

#1 Jefferson doesn't have nearly the hands or the jumper as Boozer or Memo.
#2 Our SG/SF situation is inconsistent. You never know when CJ is going to shoot 5-5 in 3's or airball 5 straight. Raja isn't as good as Wes or Brewer. Dropoff there....

those are the issues with our offense right there.

I still don't know what to think about AJ.

If we want to go on career stats then Rose and CP3 beat Deron easily.

CP3 probably, but not Rose based on the actual numbers. Here they are:

Career numbers:

Stat Rose - D Will
PPG: 18.9 - 16.7
APG: 6.3 - 9.0
RPG: 3.8 - 3.1
SPG: 0.8 - 1.0
MPG: 36.9 - 35.3

So D Will takes every category except rebounds and points. Now take out D Will's rookie year which is seriously slanted from his career numbers and the gap widens. D Will tops Rose based on career numbers, especially considering minutes per game averages. 6 assists per game career average is not the sign of a top level point-guard.

Obviously early in Rose's career and he is blowing those numbers out this year, raising him in fact to D Will's level.

Jefferson doesn't have nearly the hands or the jumper as Boozer or Memo....those are the issues with our offense right there.

So you're sayin Jefferson aint Boozer? Like, who knew, I ax ya?

Somebuddy's signature (forget who) has a quote from Deron sayin the team has never had a true low post player who "lives in the paint." It's a different team now. If only Boozer can satisfy you, maybe you'll want become a Bulls fan, eh? Especially since they have a top 10 player and the Jazz don't, ya know?

"Best point guard" can't be established objectively. Different people value different things, to begin with. I remember Phil Jackson sayin he would take Deron over Chrissy because he wanted a pg who could run the offense, not BE the offense.

Paul generally dribbles out most of the shot clock and then either shoots or passes. Aint sumthin Sloan would ever want. Apparently not Jackson either. Other coaches might, I dunno. I do know that many fans would. They often look only at individual stats and flashiness, and could care less about team-oriented goals.

Last year, the Jazz, as a team, led the league in assists by a wide margin. For every assist Deron had, others on the team had two. That wouldn't be possible if Deron was virtually the only one who ever touched the ball until the shot clock ran down.

Last time I looked, Rose was averagin 31 shots a game. Monta Ellis was in second place with about 24. 31 shots a game is not, for me, the measure of an ideal point guard, but that's probably just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: dma
All I say is Derrick Rose is NOT better than Deron. I have watched 3 Bulls games this season and see some improvements in Rose's game like commiting himself more in being a ballhog, getting more confident on his shooting. The guy is a freaky athlete and he can make SportCenter anyday. I could care less about that. He is not helping the role guys like Ronnie be more efficient, effective by giving him the ball where Ronnie feels and finishes better, he still has long ways to go to be considered as a perfect PnR distributor.

Also, Chris Bosh might be one of the top bigmen in the NBA but he certainly does not belong to the club of stars like Pau, Dirk, Kobe, LeBrick. He is slightly better than Boozer, Amar'e and Zach Randolph IMO. Overrated.

The intangeble that is hard to messure is how much better Deron makes his teammates. I don't see that in Drose, Roy, or Bosh. In fact, I don't see that in a lot of the players on that list.

duncan1.jpg

"wtf guys!"

Who has Deron has a top 10? What is, "a lot?" Who on this list does Deron beat out?

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Dwight
6. Bosh
7. Dirk
8. Roy
9. Pau
10. Drose

You lost me with Bosh. He's average 14 points 5 rebounds this year. He has played 7 seasons and has appeared in a grand total of 11 playoff games. He has one All-NBA second team selection to his name. I know he's been an all-star, but he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the others on your list. Sorry.

Archie starts this here thread and then disappears. I'm still kinda curious about what Nissalke was talkin bout. Was he tryin to say that no other point guard could score 30 points? Of course not. Couldn't score 30 AND git 7 assists? Of course not. AND 8 rebouds? Highly doubtful. He aint talkin about (just) the stat line. It's that, and sumthin else, but what?

Do that, even though playin 54 minutes in the second of a back-to-back? Doubtful. Even with a bad back? Mebbe....but doubtful. And play good defense? Mebbe. And control the tempo of the game? And have the speed, power, and energy to drive the length of the floor for the winnin bucket with 6 seconds left in the second overtime with big guys in the paint? Mebbe if ya add all that up, that's what he meant, I dunno.

Hopper, I'm pretty sure he was just talking about his performance in general. He didn't really elaborate too much from what I remember. He just said DWill's performance was Oscar Robinson like.

As for my top ten, here's what I have. It's probably not going to be the most popular here on the site, but it's what I think. These are the top 10 guys I would want on my team right now to build around or because they are be best. In no particular order.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. KD
5. Dirk
6. Gasol
7. Williams
8. CP3
9. Tyreke Evans
10. Howard

Guys that very well could be top 10ers are Melo, Bosh, Griffin, Brandon Roy (his injury has made him take a step back imo), Brook Lopez, Amare, Scola, Granger, Rondo, Pierce, Noah. I'm stop right here cause the list could go on.

Guys that very well could be top 10ers are Melo, Bosh, Griffin, Brandon Roy (his injury has made him take a step back imo), Brook Lopez, Amare, Scola, Granger, Rondo, Pierce, Noah. I'm stop right here cause the list could go on.

really now?....really?