What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

It’s okay. Blue lives matter. We should just trust the police to police their own. No third party regulation. Let’s just blindly accept whatever police unions say. Blue lives matter.

Apparently Tennessee passed a law against dressing like the opposite gender. Some folks consider pink to be girl color. So if a male wears a pink shirt does that mean he is violating that law?

Apparently Tennessee passed a law against dressing like the opposite gender. Some folks consider pink to be girl color. So if a male wears a pink shirt does that mean he is violating that law?
I don't now the ramifications of every ill-considered law. Perhaps the law defined clothing by gender, perhaps not.

I don't now the ramifications of every ill-considered law. Perhaps the law defined clothing by gender, perhaps not.
And what about kilts?

ETA: I know you don't know the answer to that, I'm just pointing out another way the law probably doesn't pay any attention to the real world.

I really feel like people should see this. Maybe I'm a fanatic when it comes to police interactions and WITH RESPECT standing up for your rights, most importantly not giving statements or answering questions that you don't have to answer, refusing all searches, refusing to perform field sobriety tests or take a preliminary breath tests. It is possible to do that calmly and respectfully.

The reason I feel so strongly about this is that it evens the legal playing field between the wealthy and influential and the rest of us. The wealthy and influential are given significant deference when police deal with them. Poor people, minorities, vulnerable people are not given the same level of respect.

By asserting our basic rights and not assisting the police in their investigations into us we can have similar legal outcomes as wealthy people. But it takes all of us. If one weirdo poor person tries to stand up they will get smacked down. If we all always stand up for our rights it will cause a shift in the way police interreact with everyone. When it is NOT abnormal to not say where you're coming from they will simply stop asking. When it becomes universal that people do not volunteer for searches they will stop asking unless they can get a warrant.

Anyway, my rant goes further than what this video is about.

Tennessee passed a law against dressing like the opposite gender.

Does that mean that male cant wear pink clothing?

I hadn't heard of this, so I went to the text of the bill.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE: SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 7-51-1401, is amended by adding
the following language as a new subdivision:
"Adult cabaret performance" means a performance in a location other than an
adult cabaret that features topless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators who provide entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest, or similar entertainers, regardless of whether or not performed for consideration; SECTION 2. Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 7-51-1407, is amended by adding
the following language as a new subsection: (c)
(1) It is an offense for a person to engage in an adult cabaret performance:
(A) On public property; or
(B) In a location where the adult cabaret performance could be viewed by a person who is not an adult.
(2) Notwithstanding § 7-51-1406, this subsection (c) expressly:
(A) Preempts an ordinance, regulation, restriction, or license that was lawfully adopted or issued by a political subdivision prior to the effective date of this act that is in conflict with this subsection (c); and
SB0003 000187 -1-
HOUSE BILL 9 By Todd

(B) Prevents or preempts a political subdivision from enacting and enforcing in the future other ordinances, regulations, restrictions, or licenses that are in conflict with this subsection (c).
(3) A first offense for a violation of subdivision (c)(1) is a Class A
misdemeanor, and a second or subsequent such offense is a Class E felony. SECTION 3. This act takes effect July 1, 2023, the public welfare requiring it, and
applies to prohibited conduct occurring on or after that date.

You also can't be a male or female impersonator in public.
I know you are not that dense. You can't be a male or female impersonator providing "entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest" a.k.a. a strip show. Girls can't do strip shows. Boys can't do strip show. Boys impersonating girls can't do strip shows and girls impersonating boys can't do strip shows. The law is about strip shows, and not doing them in public or in front of kids.

I know you are not that dense. You can't be a male or female impersonator providing "entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest" a.k.a. a strip show. Girls can't do strip shows. Boys can't do strip show. Boys impersonating girls can't do strip shows and girls impersonating boys can't do strip shows. The law is about strip shows, and not doing them in public or in front of kids.
Did you read the law? It specifically names male and female impersonators.

Did you read the law? It specifically names male and female impersonators.
If im doing a good job of impersonating a female then how would they know anyway?