What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

This is unsettling. But not surprising. We all know the type of America trump wants.

So using lethal force on a group of people who have been protesting against lethal force? Sure, what could go wrong.

The curfews have been beneficial. Arrest those trespassing and committing crimes. Give peaceful protesters a voice and opportunity to speak. Cooler heads have already started to prevail.

Aren't you guys sick of all this winning America is doing?

Last edited:
Is the "home sweet home" much stronger factor for blacks in USA whose ancestors were brought in as slaves compared to those who live in Africa or middle East? People from poorer regions in Africa and middle east are trying very hard to get to Europe - why the american blacks have not tried slowly to emigrate to Canada, for example? Especially from the southern states, which seem more oppressing according to news? Or did hoped even those days, when KKK was much popular, that thing will get better? As i have not visited neither USA and Canada - is the life lightyears better for blacks in Canada than in USA? I assume, that for a black US citizens there are no visa or living permit problems should he/she want to move to Canada. I guess that if Canada wants (due its size and low population density), then they can donate for every black in US either a tiny piece of land or a simple 1 room apartment to start a new life should they ask for an asylum? What am i missing?
Minorities and the oppressed tend to form tight communities. In Turkey, there are villages, neighbourhoods that are Armenian, Alevis or Kurdish. They are tight-knit and when you form such a community, it is very hard to leave it because they really care for each other and you are still going to be an outsider whereever you go. In such communities leaving becomes almost a taboo.

I am not saying this is the case for black people in the USA as I have never been there but black culture seems to be a nation-wide community.

There is also the socio-economic reasons and the glorification of USA as the best country in the world.

Last edited:
Is this suppose to be powerful? This is some mental masturbation if I've I ever seen it.

Speaking only for myself, the word “powerful” did not occur to me. The word “curious” did. I was struck by how breath, and the act of breathing, did indeed appear central to the incidents/events/crisis afflicting American society at this time. The author referred to this curious fact as a coincidence. And I would agree, but I might be more inclined to think of it as that specie of coincidence some call synchronicities. In any event, I’m not sure the piece was “supposed” to be anything. You might ask the author. I think we’re always free to respond as we see fit, regardless of the writer’s intent. For me, thoughts like “curious”, “isn’t that odd”, and “synchronicity” came to mind.

I've become a full on right wing nut, but the President calling out governors is not a good look. We need to be able to come together. This division is brutal. I usually go after Pelosi for the same type of stuff. So turn about is fair play. Stop talking about shooting, stop yelling at the governors. This is a crazy situation.

that being said I do believe that many of the "Protesters" / rioters are not doing this for any other reason than to destroy. Peaceful protests don't always work, but destroying your home town isn't going to help either. Those who truly want change, which should be all of us, need change to happen peacefully. This is only going to get worse if violence begets violence.

I've become a full on right wing nut, but the President calling out governors is not a good look. We need to be able to come together. This division is brutal. I usually go after Pelosi for the same type of stuff. So turn about is fair play. Stop talking about shooting, stop yelling at the governors. This is a crazy situation.

that being said I do believe that many of the "Protesters" / rioters are not doing this for any other reason than to destroy. Peaceful protests don't always work, but destroying your home town isn't going to help either. Those who truly want change, which should be all of us, need change to happen peacefully. This is only going to get worse if violence begets violence.

Much of that destruction has been started by whites who seem to have no other agenda than inciting.

There's actually three camps: protesters, protesters/rioters, rioters.

Protesters are non-violent demonstrating for change via their voice and presence.

Protesters/Rioters are demonstrating for change, but doing so through destruction and outfitting their wardrobe/living room as they feel that action, not voices, are what is needed.

Rioters are simply agents of chaos who break things and start fires and very often don't steal anything. Incite the situation, cause anarchy, leave the scene. Rinse and repeat.

Antifa's out there and white supremacists are as well as they hope this will start their long-theorized race war. Both groups are ones that have no business being around.

God what a POS. He can’t win in November. Can’t. This country can’t last another four years with him. We’ve struck the iceberg.

There's actually three camps: protesters, protesters/rioters, rioters.

Protesters are non-violent demonstrating for change via their voice and presence.

Protesters/Rioters are demonstrating for change, but doing so through destruction and outfitting their wardrobe/living room as they feel that action, not voices, are what is needed.

Rioters are simply agents of chaos who break things and start fires and very often don't steal anything. Incite the situation, cause anarchy, leave the scene. Rinse and repeat.

Antifa's out there and white supremacists are as well as they hope this will start their long-theorized race war. Both groups are ones that have no business being around.

Take all of that and throw on top people holed up in their in their hovels for the last 3 months during a once in a century pandemic and unemployment for people 25 and under estimated at well over 50% and of course our current commander in chief - this is like a perfect storm on top of a perfect storm.

Otto Von Bismarck once said "god favors fools, drunks and the United States of America" I dunno about that anymore..

Reactions: Red
Take all of that and throw on top people holed up in their in their hovels for the last 3 months during a once in a century pandemic and unemployment for people 25 and under estimated at well over 50% and of course our current commander in chief - this is like a perfect storm on top of a perfect storm.

Otto Von Bismarck once said "god favors fools, drunks and the United States of America" I dunno about that anymore..

Side note. I'm hopeful about tonight. The protest in Long Branch yesterday went quite smoothly tmk. The one in Asbury tonight should be much, much larger which is a concern but so far, NJ protests have gone very well.

Side note. I'm hopeful about tonight. The protest in Long Branch yesterday went quite smoothly tmk. The one in Asbury tonight should be much, much larger which is a concern but so far, NJ protests have gone very well.

We'll send Bruce up to Asbury - will be just like the old days.

Good luck!

Well, I would say 99% of the people out there are out there for Floyd, and the 1% are out there distracting everyone from the issue (a justice system that has failed the Black people of our country). If we could address what the 99% are protesting (to me the big issues to start with are ending the war on drugs and holding police more accountable with community reviews) then the 1% would have no cover.

I'd go 75/25 not 99/1 but I agree with your point as a whole.

God what a POS. He can’t win in November. Can’t. This country can’t last another four years with him. We’ve struck the iceberg.
I continue to be shocked at the support he still has among what I call smart rational people. Was asked by a family member I love and respect... Do you think our country is racist? I said yes... I prefaced with obviously not everyone... I mentioned we have a racist president in the response... the reply shocked me... He said... "you think the president is racist?" I was like yeah... it isn't like he hides it.

He shook his head disapprovingly... I'm conservative and I guess I skew Republican, but I hate the two party system... so I've declared myself agnostic recently. I was shocked he couldn't see the guy for what he is because he is still tied to his party.

I don't think Biden is a great answer, but I won't be voting trump. Country needs a hard restart right now.

I support peaceful demonstration. I agree with the anger of protesters. I do not support and cannot tolerate the violence and destruction.
My In-Laws had their shop burned by rioters. They didn't deserve it.
As far as I am concerned, every protester that saw rioting happen and didn't do anything to stop it are hypocrites.

And if that doesn't happen, what then? Wait some more? Shut up and accept the status quo?
Right. I'm not going to condone rioting, but standing outside with signs ain't working. Would be nice if the action was more targeted and didn't hurt innocent individuals.

Right. I'm not going to condone rioting, but standing outside with signs ain't working. Would be nice if the action was more targeted and didn't hurt innocent individuals.

Okay but what action? I’m serious when I ask how will this create change? That is, what is going to change? Is racism going to simply be vanquished? That’s where I’m stumped with all this. The protests need to happen. If it’s me, I’m peacefully protesting by blocking Wall Street (I imagine traders hit the floor from below ground but don’t know)—is there anything that reeks of white male wealth more than Wall Street? Maybe sitting down in streets and standing across sidewalks in downtown Manhattan. IDK. But again either way at the end of this, I’m not sure what changes are expected. Changes in law enforcement NEED to occur but beyond that, I’m not sure where we go.

Minorities and the oppressed tend to form tight communities. In Turkey, there are villages, neighbourhoods that are Armenian, Alevis or Kurdish. They are tight-knit and when you form such a community, it is very hard to leave it because they really care for each other and you are still going to be an outsider whereever you go. In such communities leaving becomes almost a taboo.

I am not saying this is the case for black people in the USA as I have never been there but black culture seems to be a nation-wide community.

There is also the socio-economic reasons and the glorification of USA as the best country in the world.

The US is, by far, the best country in the world. The last 4 years under Trump proves it. *read with sarcasm.*