What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

You know what, you’re right I’ve been a dick. I suck at this platform always have. I went over the top and I apologize.

Regardless, I still stand by commitment to call this out. I’ll be more mindful in the future.

Lick my balls, Archie.
I was fine with you calling him out, but when he acknowledged his error and apologized, and you kept attacking, that's when you were over the line.

That being said, you have also acknowledged your error and apologized, so it's all good.

You are correct as well that Archie can lick everybody's balls. Sequentially or concurrently, it makes no difference.

Do you guys see USA at some point imploding like USSR or Yugoslavia did and going through some kind of civil war and eventually splitting into smaller states/countries, etc? Just looks like your country is such a mess right now and doubt it will be any better now matter who wins presidential race in November.
Lol, no. USA has plenty of issues and we talk about those issues. This issues are more highlighted because we talk about them more and debate them. Also we are the main world power and the driving GDP in the world. A lot would have to change that will take a long time before anything like this would be possible. Plus most people in the USA are very proud of their country and want it to be better. I think you have a very odd and negative view of the USA for various reasons. You seem to cheer for anything bad in it.

They say if you can't beat them, join them.

Well, apparently not. :/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/nyregion/nypd-bronx-police-shooting.html

Not to make this just a racial issue, but gawd damn, too many senseless killings.

The sad thing is, there were too many senseless killings yesterday, too many today and there will be too many tomorrow. It's something that will never go away. We can only hope to minimize it. There are too many variables with humans and their predictability. One thing that's predictable is there are always gonna be those who are ****ed up. Always.

The question is.... - will we always universalize those that are ****ed up as those that represent the whole?

I hope not.

Manuel Ellis.

I just moved into my new place. I'm exhausted and hurt. I laid on my bed and saw this so I wrote a poem (if you can even call it that.)

I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
Will the racists ever leave?
I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
Let the world begin to seethe.

Their lungs fought racism as they gasped for air.
To be killed for their color just doesn't seem fair.

All though they are gone, they will never be void.
The world has been angered and will remember George Floyd.

We respect those in unity and the many that do right
But stand against racism behind closed doors and in plain sight.

As blacks gasp for air we hope the world will see
Their pleads for justice screams, "I can't breathe. I can't breathe."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3124847001

More real ****** police work. Police went to a volunteer approved medic station and cut open all the water and kicked this over. They also sprayed the medical supplies with pepper spray so they couldn't be used. It took 2 days to get an actual apology and it seemed very forced.

More and more I'm convinced that police and others pushed things into a violent situation.

An 18 year old kid is in the hospital in a coma fighting for his life because a protestor through a water bottle at the police so he fired less than lethal rounds into the crowd and hit him in the head. Those should never be fired at a head. They should never be shot into a crowd of people.

Police officers should be held up a higher standard since the are trained.

Hence they should face harsher penalty for abusing their power or making mistakes.

Every cop who fired tear gas or bullets of any type into a crowd should be fired and prosecuted. I don't care if it was their first day on the job. They went through a decent amount of training. If they weren't ready then their commanding officer should also face the same punishment.

Any cop who physically attacked a peaceful protestor who wasn't breaking any law should be fired and charged with assault.

This is beyond terrible. Especially with how aggressive they are being with charging protestors who did anything illegal. They should be going after the police first since they should know better.

Good police should be the ones testifying against the ones who did this terrible things. Those are the only cops we should want doing that job.

Hundreds of stories rolling in more and more. Maybe thousands.

At a peaceful protests in LA they decide to round up and arrest protestors. This is a picture from someone taking pictures moments before being arrested of the police shooting a homeless man in a wheelchair the had nothing to do with the protests. FB_IMG_1591421945982.jpg

Yes, that's blood coming from his mouth after being shot in the head. Which again, should never happen in any situation. Less than lethal rounds are not to be fired at the head. That's in basic training. This police officer should face assault charges. If he wasn't properly trained and given that weapon good commanding officer should face charges as well. Those fellow police who did nothing should be charged with lesser offences.

Imagine a world where police showed up at this level to the "open things back up" protests and acted this way.

Keeping in mind at those protests people showed up in full combat gear with loaded weapons and even grenade launchers. Some even accidently fired of their weapons.

Imagine if black lives matter protestors showed up with many visible weapons and a protestor accidently fired a weapon. How many would have died?

I think if you're painting all of the officers are racist you're being short sighted. I say this because we don't know yet people act like it's 100% true.

Dumb.
I think these demonstrations have shown that the police are the enimies of the people by and large.

That's my conclusion.

I want a complete dismantling of our current system before we can move forward. I do not want any currently employed police officer to have a job until the entire system is re-evaluated.

They do not know how to protect the peace.

Lol, no. USA has plenty of issues and we talk about those issues. This issues are more highlighted because we talk about them more and debate them. Also we are the main world power and the driving GDP in the world. A lot would have to change that will take a long time before anything like this would be possible. Plus most people in the USA are very proud of their country and want it to be better. I think you have a very odd and negative view of the USA for various reasons. You seem to cheer for anything bad in it.
Ron Mexico, i guess the word "cheer" is too strong. However, as i am currently at the age 44, i guess the USA is not the same is it was when i grow up watching all kind of TV series about life in USA? For example, when i was around 25-30, i thought it would be cool to drive around Miami like Sonny Crockett, but later i have heard, that visually Miami does not look that good like it was in Miami Vice.
Also, i guess that there are pretty slim amount of Serbia fanboys (who adored Srebrenica massacre) in USA so i guess that the chance that different states form different separate countries with a civil war to follow almost zero and of course really bad for the rest of the world. Thank god there was no social media except internet chatrooms when US Army accidentally hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrad. I was actually happy that US forces helped to end the Yugoslavian crisis and tamed the Serbia.
I wonder was it possible (for example, spring 2019) for tourist to do a long road trip (using rental car) New York-Seattle-LA-Houston-Miami-New York without hearing a single gunshot and witnessing zero crimes or somewhat dangerous situations (excluding crazy drivers)?

I think these demonstrations have shown that the police are the enimies of the people by and large.

That's my conclusion.

I want a complete dismantling of our current system before we can move forward. I do not want any currently employed police officer to have a job until the entire system is re-evaluated.

They do not know how to protect the peace.

I disagree.

Ron Mexico, i guess the word "cheer" is too strong. However, as i am currently at the age 44, i guess the USA is not the same is it was when i grow up watching all kind of TV series about life in USA? For example, when i was around 25-30, i thought it would be cool to drive around Miami like Sonny Crockett, but later i have heard, that visually Miami does not look that good like it was in Miami Vice.
Also, i guess that there are pretty slim amount of Serbia fanboys (who adored Srebrenica massacre) in USA so i guess that the chance that different states form different separate countries with a civil war to follow almost zero and of course really bad for the rest of the world. Thank god there was no social media except internet chatrooms when US Army accidentally hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrad. I was actually happy that US forces helped to end the Yugoslavian crisis and tamed the Serbia.
I wonder was it possible (for example, spring 2019) for tourist to do a long road trip (using rental car) New York-Seattle-LA-Houston-Miami-New York without hearing a single gunshot and witnessing zero crimes or somewhat dangerous situations (excluding crazy drivers)?
Crime is much lower now that it was in the 80s in the USA. It's a safer place.

It's a pretty happy and generally nice place. There are some scary areas but not many and not that bad.

Crime is much lower now that it was in the 80s in the USA. It's a safer place.

It's a pretty happy and generally nice place. There are some scary areas but not many and not that bad.

Agreed. Not sure I’ve ever felt unsafe. I’ve walked through the worst parts of Trenton as a meter reader and never felt unsafe...though 1) I did think to myself if some ************* locks me down here as I opened the huge sidewalk grate and walked underground to do the reading one time, cobwebs engulfing me...yet the unsafest I ever felt in that job was when I read a meter for a guy in the back woodsy part of Princeton. A house every 100-125 meters or so on the road. His meter was in some odd closet attached to the side of his house. He had to come out to unlock the door for me. He just felt off to me the whole time. He unlocked the closet, I walked in, quickly read it, my meter firmly strapped in my palm. As I turned around, he was maybe five or six feet away, each of his hands on each door jam on either side of the doorway, his body sort of leaning in toward me. I gave him about 1-1.5 seconds to move...ya know, basic common sense, I was ****ing done. When he didn’t move, I firmly said, excuse me, ready to swing the meter hard as hell against his skull. He moved, and I was sure to keep an eye on him out of the corner of my eye, me still ready to swing the meter. I walked back to my vehicle, he back into his house, and I got into my car and started backing out of his driveway, watching as he peeked through his curtains out at me. ****ing weird white dude.

I haven't read through the thread, but I want to weigh in on this. There has been a progressive decline in the moral standards of law enforcement across the country, especially when it comes to race though not limited to it. We see it in the militarization of police forces around the country and the increasing development of our prison system which now incarcerates more prisoners than any nation in the world.

In my younger days, I worked for a small daily and my beat was the police and courts. I know there are many good cops out there, but at the same time, there are just as many who are bullies and are attracted to law enforcement because they like to control other people. Our increasingly authoritarian government has given more license and permission for these types of individuals to act out, as can be seen in the Floyd case when the ******* kept putting increasing pressure on Floyd's neck. But Floyd is hardly an anomaly. There have been so many murders by police of unarmed, black individuals in recent years, and most of those cops got off with no charges. One occurred a couple of summers ago in downtown Salt Lake, when the police shot a homeless man who was fleeing from them in the back and there were no charges (don't listen to their excuses about an alleged pocket knife that the man briefly displayed as he was fleeing; watch the video if it's still online).

Sure, cops have a dangerous job, but it would be less dangerous if we didn't have such a permissive attitude towards gun ownership. Here's an unbelievable but true fact that should make us reflect about what is wrong today in America: In 2014 there were just six gun deaths in Japan, compared to 33,599 in the U.S.

But guns are not the only problem. Many policemen are vets who I suspect are suffering various degrees of PTSD from their experience in the military and many others come from blue-collar backgrounds with negative attitudes towards those of different races and ethnicities. Law enforcement needs some sort of sensitivity training related to diversity. The problem is deep-seated and systemic and no amount of demonstrating is going to make it go away.