What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

Every encounter with a stranger is inherently unpredictable. What you've described is an outlier event, but we've build a system around those kinds of events for some reason. As I pointed out earlier in the thread pizza deliverers are about as likely to be killed via assault as police officers, does this mean we should be handing pizzas out with drivers strapped up and given a license to kill if they "feel threatened?"

I think that would cause more problems than it would solve.

I had no idea how dangerous being a pizza delivery dude was. Again, I'm asking.

You know if this happens, the social workers, who get blasted, families are gonna demand change or no?

I'm 100% for what benefits society the most. I don't know. I do know humans have a % of people who have been, are and will always be a POS.

A lot seem to know they have the answers. I hope they do.

Every encounter with a stranger is inherently unpredictable. What you've described is an outlier event, but we've build a system around those kinds of events for some reason. As I pointed out earlier in the thread pizza deliverers are about as likely to be killed via assault as police officers, does this mean we should be handing pizzas out with drivers strapped up and given a license to kill if they "feel threatened?"

I think that would cause more problems than it would solve.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...es-25-most-dangerous-jobs-america/1002500001/

Can you give me a reference on pizza delivery workers being killed from assault more than police because all I see is delivery workers being lumped in as a whole and dying mainly from accidents.

Thanks, dude I can't wait for that Vice article.

My view of the clip previously was what was aired on a conservative talk show. It was clipped and taken out of context, and put in the context of general references to police standing down and letting looters run amok.

That is the real context of this discussion, not the Sonnie Johnson sort of context generally of black folks who can't call the cops and really expect not to be asking for trouble from the cops.

The CNN interview was an abstract discussion, unlike the idea I could get from the conservative talk show clip. I totally get the meaning in the interview on CNN.

You could impress me by acknowledging the reality of the actual current context. The people being looted, robbed, pillaged by the rioters have been almost all black, for Gawd's sake. Why won't you stick up for them, and demand police protection of their property.

@One Brow

I know I've brought up Sonnie Johnson before. She is a real conservative, much better on that than most "Republicans", in fact so much better she makes them uncomfortable with the truth they only profess, but don't live by or do.

I'm not much for being blown around by a non-objective media which is always, in my view, pushing crap..... being a sort of high priesthood for the crooks who own them, selling us a load. I'm always looking for what is intended in terms of manipulating the public.

In this discussion, the fundamental reality is white mobsters, and maybe some relatively innocent dupes of any color, are pushing for a change towards more effective governance guided by particularly political agendas. Antifa, and the Black Lives Matter groups have a sort of commie rhetoric and ideological root. They are owned by old rich white guys who intend to exploit the common folk, especially the black folk.

I think if you want street cred, you really need to study up on Sonnie a whole damn lot, and ditch the old white management folks, and do something that will help people.

View attachment 9443
I like the part where you specifically said "assault" in your first post and then link an auto insurance website that breaks down how many die in car crashes.

Am I missing anything? Lol
Uh, yeah that second red line you highlighted. Also, I never said they were more likely than police to be killed by assault. Reading is FUNdamental.

Last edited:
You shared the rate pizza delivery workers are killed and didn't even highlight your own claim of assault, but deaths in general including delivery accidents.

I haven't seen police deaths per 100k from the last 5 years from assault that are roughly the same as pizza deliverers.

I have no idea. I didn't make the claim. You made the claim and I'm trying to understand it and your response is...

"K."

Cool, dude.

You shared the rate pizza delivery workers are killed and didn't even highlight your own claim of assault, but deaths in general including delivery accidents.

I haven't seen police deaths per 100k from the last 5 years from assault that are roughly the same as pizza deliverers.

I have no idea. I didn't make the claim. You made the claim and I'm trying to understand it and your response is...

"K."

Cool, dude.
It's exhausting having a conversation with you. Sorry I didn't write out in crayon which line of that article was about fatal assaults on pizza deliverers. It seems like you didn't have any trouble finding it on your own though, since you highlighted it when you reposted it. If you want to know how many police are killed per 100k that information is widely available on the internet! I believe (perhaps wrongly) that you are smart enough to put the rest together on your own.

Just for kicks and giggles. 20190508_Police_Deaths_Forbes.jpg

That's an average of 50 felonious deaths per year. Given there were on average roughly 670k officers in the US during the same time frame that puts the number of "feloniously killed police" at about seven and a half per 100k per year.

The year used in the article for pizza deliverers was 2013, during which only 27 police were killed which would put that figure at just over four police per 100k feloniously killed.

You're welcome Archie, I hope this was helpful to you.

It's exhausting having a conversation with you. Sorry I didn't write out in crayon which line of that article was about fatal assaults on pizza deliverers. It seems like you didn't have any trouble finding it on your own though, since you highlighted it when you reposted it. If you want to know how many police are killed per 100k that information is widely available on the internet! I believe (perhaps wrongly) that you are smart enough to put the rest together on your own.
I've Googled it and can't find anything.

I'm not claiming to be smart, hell, I'm not.

You made a claim that I'm simply asking you to back up and your response is you're too exhausted?

Mmm kay.

Anyone else know the rate that Zombie claimed?

Seems like a backpedal to me.

My view of the clip previously was what was aired on a conservative talk show. It was clipped and taken out of context, and put in the context of general references to police standing down and letting looters run amok.

I'm sure you acknowledge that's not what defunding is about.

That is the real context of this discussion, not the Sonnie Johnson sort of context generally of black folks who can't call the cops and really expect not to be asking for trouble from the cops.

The people being looted, robbed, pillaged by the rioters have been almost all black, for Gawd's sake. Why won't you stick up for them, and demand police protection of their property.

Sonnie Johnson answered that for you.

Just for kicks and giggles. View attachment 9444

That's an average of 50 felonious deaths per year. Given there were on average roughly 670k officers in the US during the same time frame that puts the number of "feloniously killed police" at about seven and a half per 100k per year.

The year used in the article for pizza deliverers was 2013, during which only 27 police were killed which would put that figure at just over four police per 100k feloniously killed.

You're welcome Archie, I hope this was helpful to you.
Lol.

What about the last 5 years?