What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Just a horrendous trade.

I really don't care since we don't want to be good anyways, but I have a hard time believing there was no draft capital ANYWHERE to be had for Bogey.

FYI - Detroit made this trade under the cap, so in theory, if the Lakers really wanted Bojan, there is no delay and a trade can be made tomorrow and he can be aggregated with no restrictions.

IMO just like with the THT trade, the simplest explanation is probably the right one - Ainge just loves Kelly Olynyk more than anyone else in the world. With old school GMs that's a recurring theme and one we should be ready for in the future. Ainge will make some head scratcher moves simply because he has his evaluation and doesn't go a step deeper and ask himself - are others seeing it this way and can I actually get more here? He was reportedly ready to trade 4 1sts for Justise Winslow. He also traded out of no. 1 pick when there was a consensus best player(and was right in that case), he also drafted Brown no. 4 when nobody wanted him this high. He just has his views and sticks with them even if unpopular.

I personally hate this deal. And the worst thing is - it signifies we probably won't be able to get anything of value for the other vets.

So for cap space theory... we don't have space next year unless we move Mike or waive him making his number 14M... we also need JC to opt out or get moved.

I need to see the follow up moves here as the puzzle pieces aren't fitting right for any "theories" right now.

So for cap space theory... we don't have space next year unless we move Mike or waive him making his number 14M... we also need JC to opt out or get moved.

I need to see the follow up moves here as the puzzle pieces aren't fitting right for any "theories" right now.
Ainge ran out of gas and is now just shooting from the hip as we get closer to training camp.

Analysis, meticulous strategy, and tough negotiation has gone out the window. In the wake of getting so much for Rudy and Donovan, the analysis now is "well we kinda need to move off the incumbent guys and we should save money in the process. Also, I just kinda have a boner for certain guys, so, IDK."

FYI - Detroit made this trade under the cap, so in theory, if the Lakers really wanted Bojan, there is no delay and a trade can be made tomorrow and he can be aggregated with no restrictions.
We don't have the pieces anymore. Bogey was the centerpiece. It's dead. Let it die.

This may be the worst trade that I have ever seen. Makes zero sense to trade one of the best shooters in the league for nothing.
Olynyk isn't that bad lol.

Do people forget that he was a part of the reason Miami made it to the Finals? He can shoot the 3 too. He's going to have a Bogdanovic year on a tanking team, likely 16-18 ppg.

Ainge ran out of gas and is now just shooting from the hip as we get closer to training camp.

Analysis, meticulous strategy, and tough negotiation has gone out the window. In the wake of getting so much for Rudy and Donovan, the analysis now is "well we kinda need to move off the incumbent guys and we should save money in the process. Also, I just kinda have a boner for certain guys, so, IDK."
I also think it really smells like we are not going to bottom all the way out like we should...

Sexton
Beasley
Conley
JC
Vando
KO
Lauri

Is 7 competent nba players to build a rotation... Fontechio looks the part as well... You need to have some ****** players in the rotation and some big roster holes. This is a 28-33 win team... that will get you to 6-7th worst record.

I ****ing hate sloppy, lazy work. I will take indecisiveness over a **** deal 8 days a week. Oh man this just wreaks of all the things that should never be given weight in managerial aspects of building a team or asset management. Just total ****ing dog ****.

I'm positive the Jazz could've gotten one Laker pick and they ****ing did this. Yeah, Ainge, you sure showed those Lakers who the boss is. Great work. Incredible. Wowzers.

I'm convinced a lot of you don't watch the NBA, and just Jazz games.

And wth, the forum wants a full fledged tank. Ainge makes a trade saving salary, getting a decent big in return that can mentor the younger bigs and you lose your marbles.

Lol what do you all want? Make up your mind.