What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Conley has been the biggest problem for this roster ever since he got here. He is most definitely a negative asset, otherwise I think he’d be gone a long time ago. Nobody wants his ***, but the Jazz are stupid if they start him and play him more then 20 min a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that Olynyk helps winning that much, while actually giving us a needed extra body at center (and one with the added bonus of versality with shooting, that is kinda mandatory with THT, Bolmaro and Vando shooting), but that the real bad part being that not only they choose not to take a first to not take more salary in (either that year or next) for the sake of salary costing this season (and god knows if some cap space next season), and that they did It while also not demanding for the 2 second rounders (at the very least one) that this deal should warrant (as there should be one in Bev for THT too).

And those 2nds either could be other draft assets, and/or used to dump some of the guys they might need to cut to get to 15 contracts (you know, saving costs, like the purpose of this move)

Last edited:
Conley has been the biggest problem for this roster ever since he got here. He is most definitely a negative asset, otherwise I think he’d be gone a long time ago. Nobody wants his ***, but the Jazz are stupid if they start him and play him more then 20 min a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could do to him like the Rockets did to John Wall.

Play Conley and Clarkson off the bench , let them look good build their value and trade them
Pretty much sure the only reason to start Clarkson (even If trading Beasley, the one I really think gets traded before the season, as I talked in other topic) would be to maximize his numbers. Bring Conley off the bench should make sense, but I have real doubts they'll go for it

This trade helps sets up future trades while improving us on the court which is important as our trade assets aren't our vets but rather the guys (Vando/Beasley+others) we acquired in the Rudy/Don trades who we will trade closer to the deadline. We will get better value for these guys in trades than we will for our vets.

Should have got some second rounders out of the deal though.

I always thought that ainge was cutthroat. That he didn't let personal relationships/emotions effect his moves he makes. At least that is what I always heard about him anyway.
He is, but it's based on his evaluation. Meaning - when he values his asset he will drum up bidding wars and won't let a player go until he gets the value he thinks he's worth. And at the same time he will give up more for a player he values highly and he values higher than the market does(THT, Olynyk, Winslow). This means we can expect amazing return in some cases... underwhelming return or overpays in other cases... And tons of rumors about "almost" deals that didn't happen, and this is again explained by him setting a value and not willing to go above that value... Thus, he will be in the running for some high profile targets, but won't get them.

Yeah no one will give a first for an entire year of Bogey but they will see the farm for a couple months. . .Don't ever change Jazzfanz.
Not what he said at all and you haven’t paid attention to the reporting. We could have gotten a first but didn’t want to take on long term salary.

At the trade deadline additional trades open up as guys that were signed can be aggregated. If they aren’t in the play in race I’d bet they are able to get a first for him. Teams also will have an idea of how they are doing and how their picks will land.

He is, but it's based on his evaluation. Meaning - when he values his asset he will drum up bidding wars and won't let a player go until he gets the value he thinks he's worth. And at the same time he will give up more for a player he values highly and he values higher than the market does(THT, Olynyk, Winslow). This means we can expect amazing return in some cases... underwhelming return or overpays in other cases... And tons of rumors about "almost" deals that didn't happen, and this is again explained by him setting a value and not willing to go above that value... Thus, he will be in the running for some high profile targets, but won't get them.
So when we trade two first for Peyton Pritchard we shouldn’t be shocked.

I think Beasley is the guy that has a real market because unlike Clarkson, he's actually efficient, and also has a team option.

And that I see lots of talks over Vando's value, and I doubt he's highly coveted before he adds a jumper to his game, as there isn't many teams out there with as a unique star starter center situation as the Wolves previous season, with a 40% high volume 3pt shooter that can go for 30 points any night, but is expected to gift the opponents 40 points all nights, to justify a free safety role on a NBA court for a guy with as little offensive game as Vando (we'll have Olynyk, which should help him If there's a 3pt shot to develop there, but truth is, NBA is looking for 3&Ds, not for D&no3s). Closest ones were Nuggets, that got Gordon for that role (with Jokic improving defense and AG being much better player than Vando) and Vucevic (that might not even be good enough anymore to receive such treatment, and If Chicago were looking at this type of player as solution, the very own Stanley Johnson will be cheaper one to acquire, even if not the better player)

I think Beasley is the guy that has a real market because unlike Clarkson, he's actually efficient, and also has a team option.

And that I see lots of talks over Vando's value, and I doubt he's highly coveted before he adds a jumper to his game, as there isn't many teams out there with as a unique star starter center situation as the Wolves previous season, with a 40% high volume 3pt shooter that can go for 30 points any night, but is expected to gift the opponents 40 points all nights, to justify a free safety role on a NBA court for a guy with as little offensive game as Vando (we'll have Olynyk, which should help him If there's a 3pt shot to develop there, but truth is, NBA is looking for 3&Ds, not for D&no3s). Closest ones were Nuggets, that got Gordon for that role (with Jokic improving defense and AG being much better player than Vando) and Vucevic (that might not even be good enough anymore to receive such treatment, and If Chicago were looking at this type of player as solution, the very own Stanley Johnson will be cheaper one to acquire, even if not the better player)
Beasley isn’t untouchable but he’s a guy we should try and keep. Young and has a team option for next year. We need to clear the roster crunch in other ways.

Beasley isn’t untouchable but he’s a guy we should try and keep. Young and has a team option for next year. We need to clear the roster crunch in other ways.
He's 25, had off court issues in his past, gonna be a decently enough coveted UFA for a Salt Lake City based NBA franchise in its year 1 or 2 of rebuild with no previous ties to the place, and after all his real NBA role is 6th man (but has decent efficience and reliable 3pt shot, which drives real value there, as ineficient pure scorers and streaky on/off shooters as Clarkson nearly grow on trees). All of that while being the best trade chip (besides Markkanen, but he's nearly untouchable now) of a rebuilding franchise, at a logjam position, while they need to trim down the roster. To trade him seems pretty logical for me, and is the one i'd really expect before the season.

I still think there is a Lakers deal to discuss... Mike, JC, Gay for Westbrook straight up....
Yeah, you got this right. Mike, JC, Gay for Westbrook straight up. No picks.

The day we traded Rudy until the day we traded Donovan was the darkest period of my Jazz fandom, almost contemplating finally throwing in the towel. That was about 75% redeemed by moving Mitchell. But mismanaging assets the way we have with Beverley and Bojan gives me no confidence in this front office. Cool, we’ve got picks. Chances of us parlaying that and getting back even to the point we came from isn’t great with moves like this.

I believe a lot of executive success in the league is a survival bias. It’s the 92 year old swearing by two packs per day. Being an executive requires like 5-7 years to really be consider one point of a sample size or one roll of the dice. You can make good moves and have it not work out but you probably get fired. You can make bad moves or r maybe a mixture of good and bad but if it works out over that time, you’re considered a success. Ainge has done a couple tear-downs that have worked out. Is that because he’s a master and always knows what he’s doing, or is it because those two times happened to work out?

I am not sure we have ever seen such consensus about a move. Not even drafting Broke in '20. Not even trading Gobert. It's kind of incredible.
Trey Lyles draft instead of Book was like this, I remember. Everyone had their jaw on the ground -- and Book was in a position of need too.

Headass trade even though we turned Lyles into DM

- George

We were the number 1 seed and had three all stars, the DPOY, sixth man and runner-up and we all saw how ****ing up a few small things sunk our chances, enough so that most people said “blow it up.” This rebuild has to be absolutely precise, and pulling **** like the Beverley and Bojan deals is absolutely unacceptable if your premise was to start over without the mistakes of the last admin hanging over your head. And the fact that these aren’t just hindsight “oops” moves but absolute **** ups.

We were the number 1 seed and had three all stars, the DPOY, sixth man and runner-up and we all saw how ****ing up a few small things sunk our chances, enough so that most people said “blow it up.” This rebuild has to be absolutely precise, and pulling **** like the Beverley and Bojan deals is absolutely unacceptable if your premise was to start over without the mistakes of the last admin hanging over your head. And the fact that these aren’t just hindsight “oops” moves but absolute **** ups.
And when we complain about them we lol’d hard.

“Bruh why you complaining about the Dok pick… DL drafted Don and Rudy lolz!!!!”

“Why you worried about overpaying Favs a little… luxury tax???? It ain’t your money bruh lolzzzzzzzz!!!!!”

“Bruh why you even care we selling second round picks… we ain’t need dem young guys!!!!”

“Why get a competent backup to your backup… lol they don’t play in the playoffs unless you have an injury… and injuries never happenzzzz lolz!!!!”

It’s all these small value items we leave on the wayside that add up to something substantial.