What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Yeah Suns are on drugs if they thought they were getting Vando and Bogey for a 1st.
It depends... you think another team giving us a 1st for Vando? If they were discussing and it was a 23 first with Shamet/Crowder for Bogey I would think an alternative scenario would be Bogey/Vando for Crowder/Dario and a 24 first (top 4 protected).

We did a team building move for a tank season that saves the owner some cash. Doesn't push forward our two main objectives which are getting a top 5 pick this year and building the long term asset base.

It depends... you think another team giving us a 1st for Vando? If they were discussing and it was a 23 first with Shamet/Crowder for Bogey I would think an alternative scenario would be Bogey/Vando for Crowder/Dario and a 24 first (top 4 protected).

We did a team building move for a tank season that saves the owner some cash. Doesn't push forward our two main objectives which are getting a top 5 pick this year and building the long term asset base.
Just keep Vanderbilt. See what we got. He has some interesting abilities.

If you can't put the extra pieces we got from Minny in the Rudy trade and get another first or two you should... even if it means taking on some additional salary. We are more likely to trade for an AS or borderline AS with picks and expiring money than we are to sign one using cap space. The next few years FA will have a lot of competition. Not exactly an environment we will thrive in.

2 years is a long time, no sense in selling low at least.
I like Vando... this would be selling high on him. He was in an ideal situation last year for his skill set. I think his warts will be more obvious with us.

Just keep Vanderbilt. See what we got. He has some interesting abilities.
I'm more interested in the abilities of the guy we draft top 4 next year. Currently this team is too good. Creating a bigger hole at center instead of reinforcing our weakest position signals to me that we don't have the stomach to be a 20 win team and will be a 30 win team that crosses our fingers and prays to the ping pong ball gods.

I'm more interested in the abilities of the guy we draft top 4 next year. Currently this team is too good. Creating a bigger hole at center instead of reinforcing our weakest position signals to me that we don't have the stomach to be a 20 win team and will be a 30 win team that crosses our fingers and prays to the ping pong ball gods.
We arent that good and you can always do things in season to make your team worse by playing certain players more and keep minutes more even across all players.

Because why trade a 23 year old who is already better than 75% of outcomes that the (late) pick would be?
Because it helps you get a top 5 pick, gives us $7M more in cap space next year than the move we did, and if you hit on that 25% chance you get 7 years of team control and it has a higher ceiling.

Vando gonna magically learn how to shoot? What skills is he going to develop in his 20s to improve?

He's a nice player on a nice value deal. He's also got some limitations that will hurt his ceiling as a player quite a bit.

Will Hardy got a 5 year deal for a reason. He isnt fighting for his job in year 1.

I think we are going to see vets getting a lot of rest and we are going to see a lot of guys who average like 22 minutes per game. You dont need to trade promising young players to make your team worse. Yall have lost your minds.

We arent that good and you can always do things in season to make your team worse by playing certain players more and keep minutes more even across all players.
Yeah no ****... other tanking teams will do that too... and they have a headstart because they have fewer quality players.

The chances we get 2 years down the road and are like "thank god we kept Vando... he was completely irreplaceable" are low.

Vanderbilt is an elite rebounder who can potentially guard 1-5. He pairs well next to stretch big men which is becoming a bigger portion of the NBA. He's a very valuable and unique piece. He isnt a throwaway to make your team 2 games worse.

Vanderbilt is an elite rebounder who can potentially guard 1-5. He pairs well next to stretch big men which is becoming a bigger portion of the NBA. He's a very valuable and unique piece. He isnt a throwaway to make your team 2 games worse.
If he is that valuable having him wins you more than 2 games. Having Vando+KO vs. Doke/Kessler/Zeller/Saric is easily a 5 win swing... and you get a pick with it.... and $7M+ more cap space.

Hardy ain't gonna be coaching to throw games.