What's new

Trade Conley/Olynyk

Love that people are open to taking the swing in this scenario for Wiseman.

His upside is wild. Sure, it’s more likely he flames out but if you get him anywhere near his potential, that’s a theft for KO.
What is his potential? I mean, he's literally never showed anything in the league. It's just a pipe dream, people will see what they want to see.

With Wiseman, it's not like he's some super raw generational talent that just needs some guidance and the right framework around him. His lack of ball skills is one thing, but the guy has one of the lowest BBIQ's in the NBA. He simply doesn't understand basketball, and you can't start learning that extremely basic stuff at this point.

What is his potential? I mean, he's literally never showed anything in the league. It's just a pipe dream, people will see what they want to see.

With Wiseman, it's not like he's some super raw generational talent that just needs some guidance and the right framework around him. His lack of ball skills is one thing, but the guy has one of the lowest BBIQ's in the NBA. He simply doesn't understand basketball, and you can't start learning that extremely basic stuff at this point.
Watch his highlights in the national basketball association and if you don’t think you see tremendous upside, I can respect that.

I would disagree. But if my stance makes you as angry as it seems, I’ll retract and go on with my life.

I'd like to see something like KO and THT or KO and Gay to the Heat ,Jazz get the Heat 1st lottery protected in 23 top 10 in 24 then 2 2nds + Nikola Jovic for eating Duncan Robinsons contract.
Send Mike to Toronto w a future Cavs swap rights or one of the Wolves picks with protection for GTJ and Koloko or and Banton

Last edited:
Love that people are open to taking the swing in this scenario for Wiseman.

His upside is wild. Sure, it’s more likely he flames out but if you get him anywhere near his potential, that’s a theft for KO.
I have more confidence Josh Jackson figures it out that Wiseman at this point

Would I take a flyer at Wiseman If i had no young center performing well on the roster ? Yes (but not paying a lot for that)

Would I do that having Kessler, while believing that Kessler potential isn't around Wiseman is ? No, because for what i see, as of everything showed by both tells they're only centers, not PF, thus either the lesser potential that already contributes quite well would stay in the path of the better prospect because of who plays better basketball from the start, or the other way around, with the higher ceiling getting the bigger role from the start not for giving you better production.

Maybe that could change at the offseason, as we could get even more changes on the roster ? Maybe, but mainly If we weren't drafting another center and looking to fully commit to tanking for keeping our pick. As being easier to shed other contracts as Conley, Gay, THT, Doke, (who knows about Beasley, Vando, NAW, Clarkson, Sexton, Fontecchio and others) and having at least 2 more first round rookies to give minutes (or no, but would make sense If tanking really hard), 3 If we don't trade any of our picks this draft, but i believe we do because of roster spots, timeline and number of picks for future drafts (especially 2024). But Wiseman wouldn't be my priority.

Jazz can draft an upside center at some point with all the pucks they have. . . but WK looks solid as a potential starter, so there’s no need to invest assets into more centers instead of focusing on dynamic wings and stretchy 4’s. Maybe look at a PG option to replace Mike down the road. . . but the focus should be to solidify the long-term wing positions around Lauri.

Wiseman is nothing more than a freak athlete with exceptional length. That was enough to get him drafted, but it won't be enough for him to ever be more than a 3rd or 4th big on a contender, not without a ton of bbiq added . Imo unless they are shopping him,cough cough, hoping his being so bad will go unnoticed, and all anyone recalls is that he got minutes.Maybe it subcon remind anyone he exists and might be worth a flier?
He is paid 2nd overall $ and should never earn more than half that going past this deal if he is never any more than he is as is.
His attempts to play like a guard pre draft to show handles and shooting etc. fed the upside animal. He has never shot well though and so unless he starts real soon,his work ethic is now in question, and his opinion of himself even less appealing

Jazz can draft an upside center at some point with all the pucks they have. . . but WK looks solid as a potential starter, so there’s no need to invest assets into more centers instead of focusing on dynamic wings and stretchy 4’s. Maybe look at a PG option to replace Mike down the road. . . but the focus should be to solidify the long-term wing positions around Lauri.
I actually don't believe they will build around the Finnisher,despite his value to this roster this season. I think he will be the 2nd option if he is still here when this team is done retooling

There was absolutely nothing stopping Wiseman from working on his skills and game even though he wasn't playing college ball. Instead, he did nothing. We're seeing the results now.

The guy is terrible. A true bust. The thought of giving up a proven, productive, multi skilled NBA player like Olynyk for him is pure madness. Wiseman should be out of the league.
Actually he was showing a ton of potential his rookie year prior to his knee injury. Then he lost 1.5 years of development with the injury and with that a lot confidence. The guy is still only 21 and the type of player we should be taking a risk on. Baldwin is the player I would really like in a Wiseman deal though but if it came down to it I would probably do it without him.

Back to topic. We should dive around 1-10 picks by trading Mike or every veteran if we get good prize.
Other way we will be stuck in the middle for years to come.

Trade JC he is worth something and he isn't taking us anywhere in the future. He wins us games but he also loses us games. Keep Conley he is a good veteran for the young players and I don't think he gets us much in return. Trade Beasley he can get us a solid return and he isn't part of the future. I'm okay with trading others as well like Olynyk depending on the return. Please trade for decent picks or preferably younger players with upside in the Lauri mold. Underperforming players with upside who could turn things around on a new team. We really don't need many more picks unless they are likely lottery but I don't think any of our guys are getting that except players we don't want to trade. Getting late firsts doesn't do us much good unless it's setting up for other trades.

We need another big who can shoot, pass, rebound, and play some defense to compliment Lauri. We need long defensive wing who can shoot. We need guards who can shoot, play defense, and pass well.

I hated the KO trade. We traded $1.00 for .60.

Conley is not much of an asset as he's shooting 38% from the field at 22M per season.

We have other assets - it all depends on what the other team is willing to give in return. I'm not opposed to blowing it up if the trade is worth it though I want to keep Kessler.

Trade JC he is worth something and he isn't taking us anywhere in the future. He wins us games but he also loses us games. Keep Conley he is a good veteran for the young players and I don't think he gets us much in return. Trade Beasley he can get us a solid return and he isn't part of the future. I'm okay with trading others as well like Olynyk depending on the return. Please trade for decent picks or preferably younger players with upside in the Lauri mold. Underperforming players with upside who could turn things around on a new team. We really don't need many more picks unless they are likely lottery but I don't think any of our guys are getting that except players we don't want to trade. Getting late firsts doesn't do us much good unless it's setting up for other trades.

We need another big who can shoot, pass, rebound, and play some defense to compliment Lauri. We need long defensive wing who can shoot. We need guards who can shoot, play defense, and pass well.
ill trade Conley first tbh. jc was the only guy who played his hearts out last seasons playoff vs mavs. everybody else checked out. but i also do believe jc will get a raise either here or another team. by the way he talks to media it seems he don't mind playing elsewhere.

Also by trading Conley we elevate Sexton or NAW. Looks more chaotic but maybe that's exactly what we need. To be more chaotic

ill trade Conley first tbh. jc was the only guy who played his hearts out last seasons playoff vs mavs. everybody else checked out. but i also do believe jc will get a raise either here or another team. by the way he talks to media it seems he don't mind playing elsewhere.
Which is why he should be traded. All things equal go ahead and trade Conley but he isn't getting you much if anything back so it's not worth it. We should not pay to trade anyone away. Clarkson is a great guy seemingly but again, he isn't part of our future and he isn't taking us anywhere. He's also one of our best trade assets besides Lauri, who should stay unless someone offers us a can't turn down offer.

I haven't heard any real interest in Conley. Unless there is a key injury for a contender before the deadline, I am not sure there is any trade partner.

I haven't heard any real interest in Conley. Unless there is a key injury for a contender before the deadline, I am not sure there is any trade partner.
with his contract it makes it diffiicult to move him, even when his stock was up early on, now thats it is back down. Not any interest at all imo unless the Jazz were willing to part with other assets to unload him.
JC is the one that will be moved, if the losses start piling up, and they punt on this semi charmed season of surprising play from the Finnisher.
JC to Bucks with Udoka for rook Beauchamp,Bucks 23 2nd, Hill's expiring(waived) and 2 years of Grayson Allen. on org friendly contract.
Otherwise it will be some lateral swap like THT for Reddish and fillers.