What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Boston moved Theis for Mo Wagner... the **** they doing... would have loved to get him. Give him and Favs alternating nights off... get a 5 that can defend and shoot.

I think Danny Ainge is washed.

Was it a luxury avoiding trade after the Fournier deal?

Wonder if Olynyk is a buyout candidate.

So Houston could have just had Levert and ends up with KO and a pick swap that will never convey. Tillman the genius strikes again. This saves them money... if KO will take a buyout to save money then Tillman will do it. He is the worst... just the worst.

Who's minutes he taking?
Maybe a little bit of everyone’s. Might be prudent to give guys like Mitchell and Conley a few less minutes over the rest of the second half of the season, and honestly wouldn’t mind taking mins from Niang.
With the way he moves and shoots coming off screens, Thomas immediately reminded me of Korver. Not saying he will be as good of course (or even get meaningful minutes) but his movement and shooting motion look very similar.
He was being called the best shooter in the world not in the nba, before he came over.

Was it a luxury avoiding trade after the Fournier deal?
Yes but still... he's their best center right now. He has a really unique skill set... If I was them I'd rather have Theis than Fournier.

I do like Wagner but he's not ready to be a piece on a playoff team.

Thomas is small, maybe 6'3" without shoes.

He has a decent handle and is a good and willing passer. In the limited minutes he has played, I note he hesitates to take slightly contested shots, even if he is fairly open. He needs a better mindset as he tends to make the contested shots he takes. He is a really good shooter.

He has horrible defensive footspeed. Toronto often played zone to try and hide him on D, but he can't even recover in his zone. One on one he gets easily burned. Toronto is near the bottom in defensive rating as I recall, and Thomas still can't get on the court, his D is that bad. Can it be fixed? He can become a more fundamental/smarter defensive player, but you can't teach length or quickness. Gobert may provide the shield he needs on D to let him stay on the court. I could see him averaging 12-15 point in the Jazz system if his liability on D doesn't keep him on the bench. I do think his D is so bad that this move will not likely pay dividends for the Jazz. I hope I am wrong.

Hughes is a better prospect IMO.

Heat getting Oladipo for nothing is pretty slick work. He will be motivated to stick around there... they will get the best version of him possible. ****ing Riley.

I mean, what is even the point of that draft swap when Hou's actually projected much higher than Miami in the draft.
Its to mask the fact that Tillman saved some money in the deal.

Yeah, Hou FO is dumb AF for not keeping Levert and Allen.
Even if you didn't want to keep paying Caris after this year he would land you a first and an expiring today for sure. Probably more than that tbh.

DL call Houston everyday this offseason... they dumb.

Even if you didn't want to keep paying Caris after this year he would land you a first and an expiring today for sure. Probably more than that tbh.

DL call Houston everyday this offseason... they dumb.
just don't get these rebuilding teams sometimes. Like OKC collecting a whopping 17 first round picks, for what exactly? they have so many first round picks now that it become worthless to them. They will have to give them away at some point or forced to waste them on some random international prospects that will never come over.

I'd guess buyouts coming for:

- OP
-Rivers
-Kelly Olynyk
- James Johnson
-Harkless
-Dieng
-Avery Bradley
-Aldridge

The guy I'm watching is Rudy Gay... wonder if Spurs are all in for the play in.

My guess is that Bradley gets bought out and goes to the Lakers.

Kelly Olynyk might too.

The Theiss deal, KO deal, Drummond, McGee, etc. makes me cringe when I look at Favors' deal. Backup bigs are so easy to come by.

Drummond isn't coming to Utah on a minimum deal. And complain about Favors, but he's a big reason why the Jazz have the best record in the league. The Conley/Clarkson/Ingles/Rudy lineup going against other teams' backups are when we make big runs.