What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Just wanted to chime in and say that I still really like Tobias Harris and that I think he has positive value to a team. The money does obviously complicate that, but it's not like AK on a six-year max and spending all of his bandwidth using his hall pass and playing WoW.
Agreed. I think he is a clear upgrade over Bogey. The money is a real concern, but if we could somehow get draft capital or other pieces for taking on that contract I am definitely open to it.

If the 76ers mostly want expiring contracts, maybe a 3-team trade with another team that has an expiring and would be interested in Bogey. I assume Cleveland would be interested in Bogey for Rubio's expiring. That team could certainly use more 3 point shooting.

Attachments

• tradenba-snap-1643401071672.png
    tradenba-snap-1643401071672.png
    336.5 KB · Views: 17
Agreed. I think he is a clear upgrade over Bogey. The money is a real concern, but if we could somehow get draft capital or other pieces for taking on that contract I am definitely open to it.

If the 76ers mostly want expiring contracts, maybe a 3-team trade with another team that has an expiring and would be interested in Bogey. I assume Cleveland would be interested in Bogey for Rubio's expiring. That team could certainly use more 3 point shooting.
He is definitely NOT worth both Bogey and Ingles.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I still really like Tobias Harris and that I think he has positive value to a team. The money does obviously complicate that, but it's not like AK on a six-year max and spending all of his bandwidth using his hall pass and playing WoW.
You’d hate him after year 1… at least on his current deal. He’s a 20M player making twice that. He might be aided having an empty post and playing with a rolling big. He’s very much a lateral move or maybe a slight downgrade from Bogey. Better rebounder… they are about the same as defenders… bogey’s shooting just so much more deadly.

That said if they wanted to talk about Harris for Bogey/JC and they want to send us at least one first I’ll consider it… likely would take me a little more to do a deal.

The thing with Harris is I would have been much happier about it last year. He was on a real upward trajectory defensively but he hasn't looked good this year. May be it's lack of certainty with the Philly and line-up changes that pulled his numbers low but I still believe he is a better defender than Bogey and if he gets back to last year's level he is much better.

The thing with Harris is I would have been much happier about it last year. He was on a real upward trajectory defensively but he hasn't looked good this year. May be it's lack of certainty with the Philly and line-up changes that pulled his numbers low but I still believe he is a better defender than Bogey and if he gets back to last year's level he is much better.
I was hoping upon hope we'd land him, Bogie wasn't a bad silver medal though. He would've been a fantastic "Big 3" with DM and Rudy. But not at his obscene price now.

I was hoping upon hope we'd land him, Bogie wasn't a bad silver medal though. He would've been a fantastic "Big 3" with DM and Rudy. But not at his obscene price now.
I’m not sure he’s so much better then Bogey that he would’ve raised the jazz performance much if at all and he’s double bogey’s money.

I mean, he’s the price we would’ve been paying to land him.

Not convinced there isn’t still a jump there. Most importantly, he makes sense on a timeline where the Jazz keep trying for a few more years.

I’m not sure what or if I’m advocating for anything beyond my initial point: he’s a really good player and not ancient.

I can see why the Jazz would go hard after Jerami Grant. He'd put them in another echelon. His length, athleticism and ability to get on the rim could be a game changer.

He was -19 tonight and was still in the closing lineup and played almost the entire 4th quarter. Thanks Quin.
Like… this is insanity. Can you blame players for not trusting Quin? Imagine if you’re Gay and he yells at you for something? Why would you listen to Quin when game after game after game you watch Westbrick, JR Melo Clarkson just kill your team?

I predict the Jazz do nothing like always. Forrest will get converted to a regular contract, House will be signed for the rest of the year and maybe a couple of Stars grab the two ways.
Could still make a difference if Quin isn't so committed to play Royce/Bogey/JC/Jingles over 100min every night

This whole formula is stagnant and lacks promise. Just reboot a lot around Don and Rudy.

Sign House to a 2 year deal.

Rudy Gay to Dallas for 2nd rounders (they have an exception big enough for him)

Clarkson for Satoransky and 2nd rounders

Boston gets Conley and 2nds

Atlanta gets Bojan, a first from Boston, 2nds from Utah

Jazz get Collins and Smart

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

He was -19 tonight and was still in the closing lineup and played almost the entire 4th quarter. Thanks Quin.
Never question the system. The system is good. The system is sound. The system is life. NEVER QUESTION THE MOTHER****ING SYSTEM!!

The last one to question the system was Butler. Look how that's working out for him.