What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I will just put out there that the Jazz have to figure out ways to get younger. This build ain’t it, so they need more time and it’s time about half of our rotation doesn’t have.

If by some miracle you can land Smart and Collins/Barnes/Grant/Wood even at the expense of some dudes we like, it would probably be wise if only for that reason.
But we are CONTENDERS!!!! We know this because we have been saying it all year so it must be true!!!

I agree... I doubt Smith is smart enough to see it... I am not sure Ainge sees it or is ballsy enough to make the moves necessary... but i basically agree. Joe falling off was the first thing that started the window shutting... Mike will be next.

The Jazz might have to trade Bojan for a FRP to send out in a trade package if they want one of the bigger fish. A week ago, I think the Jazz would have balked at that idea, but now that Bojan has another injury I bet the front office would be more willing to move him. If I'm the Jazz, I don't want a repeat of 2020 with Bojan. Just can't risk it.

Nobody really wants to say it, but Mike Conley is playing so well this year and is 100% healthy which makes him by far our best trade piece to go out and get one of these good young guys (Collins or Grant). Mike Conley will never have more trade value than he does right now.

Nobody really wants to say it, but Mike Conley is playing so well this year and is 100% healthy which makes him by far our best trade piece to go out and get one of these good young guys (Collins or Grant). Mike Conley will never have more trade value than he does right now.
I could really see Boston sending a 1st with Smart for him, and I could see Bojan and a 1st for Collins.

That probably limits our ceiling this year but it would set us up to keep this thing going for several years to come. You’d have to make some shrewd moves on the margins for once, but if you do and it all pops look out.

I could really see Boston sending a 1st with Smart for him, and I could see Bojan and a 1st for Collins.

That probably limits our ceiling this year but it would set us up to keep this thing going for several years to come. You’d have to make some shrewd moves on the margins for once, but if you do and it all pops look out.
I mean, based off of all reports, this seems like a fair deal for all involved:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybwswhth

Boston gets Conley and a protected 2nd from Atlanta

Atlanta gets Bogey, Nesmith, Boston's 2022 1st, and draft considerations from Utah

Utah gets Collins and Smart

Boston is so good with Conley and they clear out of the luxury. Atlanta gets a starter, a 1st and we might even send them some future protected 1st. We get youth and athleticism.

Jazz have the fifth oldest roster by average in the league at 28.4 years. Only teams above them are Miami, Milwaukee, Brooklyn and the Lakers - all teams looking for a championship by filling out their roster of stars with cheap old role players.

Real crazy ****
Memphis decides they want to speed up their timeline and contend this year out of nowhere.

Philly decides they arent getting a super-star package, so they opt for a bunch of really good starters and role players who can all shoot. (and get off of Harris questionable contract)

Jazz completely overhaul their defense while raising the potential ceiling and bring back a fan favorite.

Can we get Denzel Valentine back? He came within two assists of having a triple double in the GLeague today. He had 17 rebounds and was 5-10 from three.

Remember when some people suggested trading for Wiggins but he was considered awful but now he's an All Star Starter?

To be honest, I never really advocated too much for him but some did.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Remember when some people suggested trading for Wiggins but he was considered awful but now he's an All Star Starter?

To be honest, I never really advocated too much for him but some did.

I think environment played a big factor. They spent a year or so using Draymond/Kerr to extract the suckiness out of Wiggins. I think if he comes here or somewhere else we are still saying... "if wiggins would just play harder on defense and change his shot selection he'd be a good player".

Also... he might be the worst all-star starter ever.

I think environment played a big factor. They spent a year or so using Draymond/Kerr to extract the suckiness out of Wiggins. I think if he comes here or somewhere else we are still saying... "if wiggins would just play harder on defense and change his shot selection he'd be a good player".

Also... he might be the worst all-star starter ever.
I agree on all of that.