What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Reddish for Knox, Solomon Hill and a well-protected 1st is more or less dumping Reddish. I'm surprised the Hawks did this, and I'm surprised they did it this far ahead of the deadline.

I hope the Jazz passed on this because they're chasing a bigger fish.

We missed the timeline on Paul and Jrue a while back(after we traded for Conley though). But not signing Ball last offseason is the one that upsets me cuz if happened right around when we resign Mike. There were multiple opportunities like this for us to get out of this rabbit hole but we chose not to

I feel like some of us said that, but got **** on for even suggesting it.

Don is so bad he should just retire. We can let Cy's Magical Mike carry our Jazz like he did against Memphis.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
There was zero chance at getting Ball, there was no cap space available.

There was zero chance at getting Ball, there was no cap space available.
We could have chosen to not bring back Mike and take the Jingles deal which was called off by Quin and clear the cap space needed to sign Ball? Just give up a few more second round picks if needed.

We could have chosen to not bring back Mike and take the Jingles deal which was called off by Quin and clear the cap space needed to sign Ball? Just give up a few more second round picks if needed.
If I had a nickel for every time someone on this board said "We can't sign anyone else with that money so we may as well sign Conley" I could take a vacation. It was not happening. Period. I know we're all upset
about the moves that have been made but revisionist history isn't going to help.

If I had a nickel for every time someone on this board said "We can't sign anyone else with that money so we may as well sign Conley" I could take a vacation. It was not happening. Period. I know we're all upset
about the moves that have been made but revisionist history isn't going to help.
Right. I generally wouldn't do that either. I was merely responding to Cy's argument of "Conley is the best fit we could get for Donovan". Well, not really

This place is going to be fun when the trade deadline comes and goes with no activity from us because ‘we like our guys’.
That is what I am expecting. I still won't be happy but that is the most likely outcome.

Hello 2nd round exit my old friend....

So many takes on this board are such trash. People still harping on the Conley deal as a scapegoat for whatever reason. That was an absolute steal for us. If you think replacing Conley with Crowder makes the difference in us winning a title in the past two years you are sorely mistaken.

Saying the Conley deal was a steal wasn't true when it happened and definitely true in hindsight. There was very little market for an aging PG who was set to make $70 million over the next two seasons. Just go back and see who was targeting him in trades. Giving up a bargain quality starter and 2 first round picks was a steal for Memphis. And that's not even mentioning Grayson Allen.

Nobody said Jae Crowder would help us win a title. The point is simple and true - Jae would have helped us more the last two postseasons than Conley did. We needed his ability to defend multiple positions more than Conley. Mike missed half the games which Jae wouldn't have.

This place is going to be fun when the trade deadline comes and goes with no activity from us because ‘we like our guys’.
Then Danny Ainge rips off his mask Scooby-Doo style and it was DL the whole time!!! Then he rips off his mask and it was KOC the whole time!!!!

Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder, Brandon Clarke, and late first rounder are not equal to Mike COnley. It was a ****ing steal you damn moron.

Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder, Brandon Clarke, and late first rounder are not equal to Mike COnley. It was a ****ing steal you damn moron.
We paid that much so that he would help us get past the 2nd round. In the two series we lost since we got Mike, we have a better win percentage without him than with him.

you mean that same Crowder who helped his team reach back to back NBA finals, that same Allen who's playing solid rotation minutes and starting backcourt role on the defending champion, that same Clarke who's averaging 15 and 8 over his past seven games to help his team win 10 straight games and overtake the Jazz for the third seed in the West?

All for the Michael Conley the GOD to help elevate the Jazz from second round exit in 2018......to second round exit in 2021.

Yeah, what a steal

you mean that same Crowder who helped his team reach back to back NBA finals, that same Allen who's playing solid rotation minutes and starting backcourt role on the defending champion, that same Clarke who's averaging 15 and 8 over his past seven games to help his team win 10 straight games and overtake the Jazz for the third seed in the West?

All for the Michael Conley the GOD to help elevate the Jazz from second round exit in 2018......to second round exit in 2021.

Yeah, what a steal
I guess the grass is always greener when your IQ is below 40

That is what I am expecting. I still won't be happy but that is the most likely outcome.

Hello 2nd round exit my old friend....
we like our guys and they are too good and too valuable to us. won't trade them for anyone else.

there were better players on the market? can't afford those guys anyways.

Yeah, what a steal
Great post and completely correct.