What's new

Trade Deadline Moves

mdalby

And we are off and running.

To Minnesota: Allen Crabbe
To Atlanta: Jeff Teague, Treveon Graham

If Teague can get his head straight, he could have a second wind as a bench gunner.

Minnesota throwing in the towel with this trade, right?

What's the point of this trade?

If Teague can get his head straight, he could have a second wind as a bench gunner.

Minnesota throwing in the towel with this trade, right?
They opened up a roster spot and want to trade for a ballhandler. Crabbe is expiring so I think they will decide what to do at the end of season regarding retooling or tanking.

What's the point of this trade?
Giving Wiggins the ball more. Ever since Teague been inserted Wiggins been struggling hard until this season when Teague's finally cast out.

They knew Wiggins is now the player of their future especially with uncertainty surrounding Towns. So they'd do anything to get rid of any obstacles that would impede his progress.

And for Hawks, Teague would be a nice backup to Trae and fans loved him there

I wonder if they landed a couple seconds in the deal... or if they are doing a follow up trade. Crabbe is trash and Teague is still a solid nba rotation player.

They opened up a roster spot and want to trade for a ballhandler. Crabbe is expiring so I think they will decide what to do at the end of season regarding retooling or tanking.
Both guys are expiring... why would you trade Teague for Crabbe if you want to get a ballhandler? Teague is good with the ball... this is a head scratcher as reported.

I guess they are looking for outside shooting. Still, I don't think you make this deal unless you are confident that you can get another ball handler (can you say Conley for RoCo+Dieng+1st?)

Wiggins just had no business in doing an off all shooters role. He needs the ball in his hand to be effective. So wolves will try him out as the primary ball handler. That's their logic at least. Whether it will work is a different story...

A stat line of 23, 5 and 3 isn't bad... he was 25 ppg on 45% shooting to start the season.
Cool story. Wiggins ebbs and flows have nothing to do with the guys he plays with and everything to do with his interest/motivation.

Both guys are expiring... why would you trade Teague for Crabbe if you want to get a ballhandler? Teague is good with the ball... this is a head scratcher as reported.
They will just try to work on some experimenting for the rest of the season. Because Teague doesn't work with Wiggins for sure, so they get a shooter(supposedly, Crabbe hasn't been good lol) next to Wiggins and have him handling the ball then see what happens.

If it works then they will still have the space to get some legit shooters like Bertans in off season and build on that. If not, who knows. They will maybe try to get another PG or just trade everyone and start full rebuild.

Cool story. Wiggins ebbs and flows have nothing to do with the guys he plays with and everything to do with his interest/motivation.
Except Wiggins post better scoring stats in each year when Teague is off the floor. Maybe he just wanted more when teague is gone. Maybe he just doesn't work well with PGs in general(though he loved Rubio) wolves is still trying to figure out what to do with Wiggins(build around him or just trade everyone because towns DED) and getting rid of teague is the right start for them on that process.

Except Wiggins post better scoring stats in each year when Teague is off the floor. Maybe he just wanted more when teague is gone. Maybe he just doesn't work well with PGs in general(though he loved Rubio) wolves is still trying to figure out what to do with Wiggins(build around him or just trade everyone because towns DED) and getting rid of teague is the right start for them on that process.
I agree... Wiggins should play 48 minutes and have 100% usage when on the floor... its how you help him develop and will be the best for the team long term. Finally he will be unleashed... it will be the key to them getting top 3 picks the next several years.

Or Teague was likely being an ******* cuz he wanted out so they took the best garbage trade they could find.

I agree... Wiggins should play 48 minutes and have 100% usage when on the floor... its how you help him develop and will be the best for the team long term. Finally he will be unleashed... it will be the key to them getting top 3 picks the next several years.

Or Teague was likely being an ******* cuz he wanted out so they took the best garbage trade they could find.
Teague simply isnt as good as his stats suggested. And most teams would probably only want him as a backup point guard at this point. So it's hard for wolves to find suitors knowing Teague would be less inclined to accept a backup role and resign, then it would basically be a half season rental. So his stocks really weren't that high either. I mean as dumb as the wolves FO has been, if there were better offers for Teague they'd probably take it. Hawks simply was willing to take the risk because Teague was a fan favorite in Atlanta so more likelihood for him to resign given that Atlanta would not be the ideal destination for most FAs in the summer

Teague simply isnt as good as his stats suggested. And most teams would probably only want him as a backup point guard at this point. So it's hard for wolves to find suitors knowing Teague would be less inclined to accept a backup role and resign, then it would basically be a half season rental. So his stocks really weren't that high either. I mean as dumb as the wolves FO has been, if there were better offers for Teague they'd probably take it. Hawks simply was willing to take the risk because Teague was a fan favorite in Atlanta so more likelihood for him to resign given that Atlanta would not be the ideal destination for most FAs in the summer
Both guys are expiring... Teague is a much better player than Crabbe... Minny needs pg/ball handler help more than a ****** shooting wing who is a defensive liability. This just wasn't about basketball reasons or cap reasons is what I think. I'm done with the discussion.