What's new

Trade down

McDermott will be good. Very good relative to the amount of neglect he's receiving.

No not another GS trade ... let's have a fresh team and outlook

That gives you 2 top 8 picks which SHOULD be able to round out your core a year early. If you wanted to keep Burke, you could probably substitute the 2017 GS warriors pick. That way you could select Gordon and McBuckets or Randall. I really wouldn't mind looking over and seeing Landry on the bench either. I'm ready to trade in assets and grow with the players. If we aren't going to sign a big FA, might as well use the capspace.

Aaron Gordon will go as low as ten. I say we do big favor of Sacramento by swapping pics for free. Why do i care we draft Gordon with 5 or 8? It is same result yes so why we not do a favor and make good friend? Small market have to stick together like BYU should have done in mountain west.

If Vonleh is gone, Celtics are taking A. Gordon 6th. Book it.

McDermott is a huge risk at 8 or 9, IMO. I love him in the teens, though.

No not another GS trade ... let's have a fresh team and outlook

Jazz will want to spend up to the salary floor so they HAVE to sign FA's to get there. If not, they'll just have to distribute the shortfall to their existing players, but I also believe they miss out on the revenue sharing (GVC can correct me on this). Even AFTER a raise for Hayward, Jazz will be $20M under the cap - not counting cap holds for guys like Biedrins, RJ and Rush. A GS-type deal is a definite possibility if the Jazz can't find a suitable FA or player they really want via trade.

Jazz will want to spend up to the salary floor so they HAVE to sign FA's to get there. If not, they'll just have to distribute the shortfall to their existing players, but I also believe they miss out on the revenue sharing (GVC can correct me on this). Even AFTER a raise for Hayward, Jazz will be $20M under the cap - not counting cap holds for guys like Biedrins, RJ and Rush. A GS-type deal is a definite possibility if the Jazz can't find a suitable FA or player they really want via trade.

You capologists understand the rules better than me, so maybe you have a point.

If Exum is there at 5, the Lakers would want our pick.

What do you think we could get from them in addition to the 7th pick ?

If Exum is there at 5, the Lakers would want our pick.

What do you think we could get from them in addition to the 7th pick ?

A bag of chips. They have nothing, and any future pick would be worthless since they are a big market/ free agent destination.

A bag of chips. They have nothing, and any future pick would be worthless since they are a big market/ free agent destination.
Yep. This. ^

You take your guy and be happy that you got him. There's nothing that the Lakers can offer that would be worth not getting our guy.

I'm not too versed in trade scenarios, but since defense is so important to us why not just stand pat at #5 and draft Aaron Gordon? Then trade Alec Burks to get a verified, two-season, 44% 3-pt. shooter in Nik Stauskas? Nik is the real deal. He's tall for his position at 6'6", is a great ball-handler and passer, and could become the best shooter in the NBA. He also would fit in quickly since he was Burke's teammate at Michigan.

https://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/sixers-draft-target-sg-nik-stauskas

We'd have:

Favors
Gordon
Hayward
Stauskas
Burke
yes I do believe stauskas will be the player out of this draft to be known for hitting important shots throughout his career.

If the Jazz wanted to keep our bigs and guards in place they could trade down a couple of spots and get a good sf.
If they went down to the 8 or 9 spot assume both D McDermott and A Gordon are both available. Who do you take?

This would be great if we already had a star or player to build around. McDermott would be a nice complimentary piece. Without a star though we are just the Kings.

I'd still take Randle over Gordon. People are looking at Gordon's lack of skills and they think he just oozes potential. They look at Randle's beastly production against double and triple teams and they harp on certain things he didn't do. The idea that Gordon would go ahead of Randle is just strange. It's like Randle is now the guy people love to hate.

I agree! I think Randle is one of the safest picks in this draft