What's new

Trade for Lou Williams?

Lou would be awesome the question is do you give up hood for Lou?

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe.
I think Lou and his cheap contract are a little under-rated. Right now he is playing better than hood, burks or even a guy like jamal crawford have ever played in their entire careers and his contract is super cheap. He would be perfect for the jazz imo. Could play the 1 and the 2. Could start or come off the bench. Is in his prime currently and has veteran experience and playoff experience.

I didn't say I would just saying that is what the Lakers will ask for

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

You are wrong. They need to tank the last part of this season... or they lose their pick. Lou overlaps their other young guys and by all accounts there is a limited market for the guy. Later first rounder gets it done... calling it now.

You are wrong. They need to tank the last part of this season... or they lose their pick. Lou overlaps their other young guys and by all accounts there is a limited market for the guy. Later first rounder gets it done... calling it now.
Its not like Williams is helping them win. The Lakers want to continue to put something palatable on the court for their fans. They probably want to resign him, don't think they will trade.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Its not like Williams is helping them win. The Lakers want to continue to put something palatable on the court for their fans. They probably want to resign him, don't think they will trade.

It seems there's pressure in LA. Magic wants Jim's job. Kupchak can't stand pat and he needs a win even if small. He needs people to say that he made the right decision long term and that he was proactive.

It seems there's pressure in LA. Magic wants Jim's job. Kupchak can't stand pat and he needs a win even if small. He needs people to say that he made the right decision long term and that he was proactive.
Lmao, that is not what they want. That is not how the Lakers envision this rebuild. Magic said he wants the playoffs next year, that isn't trading away a guy they'd like to resign.

Trust me, if the offer is just a pick in the 20s they keep him.

If Jim wants to keep his job, trading away productive players is the last thing he would do. Trading him would just help the next guy in line. Their plan is to lose this year, take a high pick, resign Lou, and then sign an impact FA.

I see no reason the Lakers would do this without a pick or two. Lou is cheaper and has 1 less year on his deal.
Because he is older, and they are going nowhere. In Burks they get a younger good potential player for a year longer at a reasonable rate. I'd do the trade from the Jazz perspective, Lou is Burks potential IMO. There is a slight chance Burks could be better than Lou but I doubt it.

If Jim wants to keep his job, trading away productive players is the last thing he would do. Trading him would just help the next guy in line. Their plan is to lose this year, take a high pick, resign Lou, and then sign an impact FA.

Lou has another year on his deal. Clarkson and Russell are both combo guards like Lou.

If keeping Lou wins them 1 or 2 more games it could be catastrophic to their draft scenario. He almost beat the kings by himself but had zero help. He would help us win games. hes helping them win too but can't do it by himself.

I will agree that all of LAs FA decisions seem to run counter to what they should do. So who the hell knows what they will do and Magic is likely an old school guy who doesn't want to tank for the long term.

Lou has another year on his deal. Clarkson and Russell are both combo guards like Lou.

If keeping Lou wins them 1 or 2 more games it could be catastrophic to their draft scenario. He almost beat the kings by himself but had zero help. He would help us win games. hes helping them win too but can't do it by himself.

I will agree that all of LAs FA decisions seem to run counter to what they should do. So who the hell knows what they will do and Magic is likely an old school guy who doesn't want to tank for the long term.
Combo guard, meaning they can play two positions, not sure why LA is so concerned about having 3.

LA wants to send a message to FAs they are trying to win now. They don't need picks in the 20s or Burks, an unproven injury prone guard.

Combo guard, meaning they can play two positions, not sure why LA is so concerned about having 3.

LA wants to send a message to FAs they are trying to win now. They don't need picks in the 20s or Burks, an unproven injury prone guard.

They can't win now. Don't know if there's a free agent available that's stupid enough to believe that they can.

I sort of like the idea but at the same time prefer going in the Batum direction. Starters are what wins you playoff series and Batum is an upgrade for us at the 2. If the Millers are willing to go into the LT for a couple years again, DL should make the call and see what it would take.

I sort of like the idea but at the same time prefer going in the Batum direction. Starters are what wins you playoff series and Batum is an upgrade for us at the 2. If the Millers are willing to go into the LT for a couple years again, DL should make the call and see what it would take.

They would want Hood in return, plus a couple more assets.

Batum would be a good fit on this team-- but I dont think his playoffs stats are that great. Are they? I can't quite remember.

They can't win now. Don't know if there's a free agent available that's stupid enough to believe that they can.

Trust that is not how the Lakers feel. How you feel about their chances are irrelevant and what they should do. I'm basing my theory on what they have said and how they usually operate. I could be wrong, but I dont see it happening for a mere late 1st.

And they certainly could take a major leap next year, it's not out of the question. It happens nearly every year. Last year it was Blazers, the year before it was Phoenix, this year it's us (even though ours was much more expected than the previous two). They have young improving talent, vets, incoming high draft pick in major draft, and potential FAs. Who they could get I have no clue, but I doubt LA is walking into next year with a stand pat and tank mentality.

Batum also not a dude I see swinging a playoff series. The guy has always been overrated defensively and we have enough playmaking wings. The only trade I think that really is effective is shoring up the PF rotation minutes to include a legitimate PF who can actually hit a 3pt shot at a somewhat consistent rate.

Trust that is not how the Lakers feel. How you feel about their chances are irrelevant and what they should do. I'm basing my theory on what they have said and how they usually operate. I could be wrong, but I dont see it happening for a mere late 1st.

And they certainly could take a major leap next year, it's not out of the question. It happens nearly every year. Last year it was Blazers, the year before it was Phoenix, this year it's us (even though ours was much more expected than the previous two). They have young improving talent, vets, incoming high draft pick in major draft, and potential FAs. Who they could get I have no clue, but I doubt LA is walking into next year with a stand pat and tank mentality.

But Lou is 30 years old and will be an old 31 before he signs his next contract. Do the Lakers want to pay him?

Whatever rebuild they're in the midst of, it ends abruptly after one good draft and FA period. And it's nice to have a bevy of rookie contracts to round out the roster. I think netting a 1st-round pick and maybe a second-rounder makes plenty of sense for them. Certainly more than paying a 31 or 32 year old what Lou will probably command to come off the bench or just letting him walk.

But Lou is 30 years old and will be an old 31 before he signs his next contract. Do the Lakers want to pay him?

Whatever rebuild they're in the midst of, it ends abruptly after one good draft and FA period. And it's nice to have a bevy of rookie contracts to round out the roster. I think netting a 1st-round pick and maybe a second-rounder makes plenty of sense for them. Certainly more than paying a 31 or 32 year old what Lou will probably command to come off the bench or just letting him walk.

Not sure why LA has to let him walk, they can always re-sign him. They are still Los Angeles and Lou Williams is still Lou Williams.

We will see. I've said pretty much everything I think will happen on the situation. I just don't think their mindset is completely aligned with the "go young and lose for a couple of years method" and that will only become more true if Magic Johnson has influence (or threat/pressure on current FO).

Jazz need to add another consistent offensive scorer. We've shown lapses where we are just destroyed and simply cannot score enough points. Lou Williams would do this. Would be a lot of fun seeing a small ball second unit of Lou Williams, Exum, Burks, Johnson, Lyles.

*OT* Speaking of trades, remember when some people were pissed about us not asking for Reggie Jackson in the Kanter trade? Has anyone read the Zach Lowe article on the Pistons? Kind of glad we didnt get Jackson, dude sounds like a sociopath.

If they don't win 1 of the lotto picks they lose it. I think they're going to tank the holy living s*** out of the rest of this season. They're going to make sure that they finish no better than 29. If they lose that pick they are screwed. Course they want a f****** asset for him.

Also don't be ridiculous the Blazers had Lillard, the Suns had Bledsoe, dragic, and Thomas.