What's new

Trade for Lou Williams?

The Lakers drafted Magic. They drafted Kobe. I think they understand the importance of the draft.

The Lakers drafted Magic. They drafted Kobe. I think they understand the importance of the draft.

None of those things means they are going to trade a guy who had a career year, who has a year left on his contract, simply for a late 1st round pick.

They can just sit teh dude with a mysterious injury if they are really worried about winning games. They are firmly the 3rd worst team in the NBA with the great Lou Williams, so I dont think they feel that pressure too heavily to make him sit.

None of those things means they are going to trade a guy who had a career year, who has a year left on his contract, simply for a late 1st round pick.

They can just sit teh dude with a mysterious injury if they are really worried about winning games. They are firmly the 3rd worst team in the NBA with the great Lou Williams, so I dont think they feel that pressure too heavily to make him sit.

You just got done saying that they were trying to put out a respectable product. Yes the chances of any player getting traded are better that he won't then he will. So yeah likely he won't get traded but your reasons why he won't get traded are straight stupid and inconsistent.

They traded for him on draft night. They traded the pick to get magic. They care about the draft. They're not just going to say f*** it to their draft pick in the hopes that they'll land Westbrook.

Ok, so they can sit Lou Williams. You dont have to trade a guy to lose games. You can just sit him. It's not difficult or rocket science.

You just got done saying that they were trying to put out a respectable product. Yes the chances of any player getting traded are better that he won't then he will. So yeah likely he won't get traded but your reasons why he won't get traded are straight stupid and inconsistent.

No, some players are very likely to get traded. Kanter, after his request for a trade and comments, was nearly 100% likely to get traded.

My reasons are consistent and not stupid. Just because you fail to recognize the mindset of the Lakers FO and you can't understand it doesnt mean you have to call people stupid. Just sit back and learn.

Ok, so they can sit Lou Williams. You dont have to trade a guy to lose games. You can just sit him. It's not difficult or rocket science.
Or they could trade him for an asset WHill he still has a year on his contract before he's an expiring 30 something year old bench piece. They could start collecting assets that they will need the trade for a disgruntled star. No team wanting to rebuild is going to want Lou Williams.

Also I love how he's not that good one minute then he's having a career year and is an important part of La future plans the next.

Or they could trade him for an asset Wally still has a year on his contract before he's an expiring 30 something year old bench piece. They could start collecting assets that they will need the trade for a disgruntled star. No team wanting to rebuild is going to want Lou Williams.

We will see. I will almost 100% be right though.

I sort of like the idea but at the same time prefer going in the Batum direction. Starters are what wins you playoff series and Batum is an upgrade for us at the 2. If the Millers are willing to go into the LT for a couple years again, DL should make the call and see what it would take.
Starter is just a label. Lou is playing better this year than any starter on our team. Hayward included. (At least offensively and granted in limited minutes)

Starter is just a label. Lou is playing better this year than any starter on our team. Hayward included. (At least offensively and granted in limited minutes)

lmao, you cant be serious with this statement. Have you seen Lou Williams play defense? Or play in meaningful games this year? God damn this is laughable.

Guys Lou Williams has been better than Rudy Gobert or All-Star Gordon Hayward.

Getting stats on a terrible team that plays uptempo offensively does not equal being good.

Hayward became an All-Star this year and still gets disrespected by our owns fans with people saying Lou Williams has been a better player this year.

Any more qualifiers you want to add? Like primarily against backups?
It is what it is. He plays when the coach plays him against whoever is in the game at that time.
And plays fantastic.

Hayward became an All-Star this year and still gets disrespected by our owns fans with people saying Lou Williams has been a better player this year.
Who said that?

lmao, you cant be serious with this statement. Have you seen Lou Williams play defense? Or play in meaningful games this year? God damn this is laughable.

Guys Lou Williams has been better than Rudy Gobert or All-Star Gordon Hayward.

Getting stats on a terrible team that plays uptempo offensively does not equal being good.
You forgot how to read I guess.
I said offensively right in the post silly goose.

I have give hayward nothing but praise this season.

He is so dialed in. (Think I have mentioned that many times. Also said he has been playing like an all star all year before he was ever named one. Also said we should max him)