What's new

Trade ideas

We shouldn't be looking to get players. We need to be trading our vets so that we can tank properly.
I mostly agree with this, but if you can get a true game changer you can keep long-term, I would be open to that.

Terry Rozier is basically the exact opposite of what I want. Overpaid, high usage, doesnt help anyone on the team, would eat cap for next year. I'd much rather just keep Sexton.

Even better. Rozier is more of a hybrid anyway and is playing the 2. Regardless, he’s a smart player who understands the sport. THT and Sexton are idiots.
THT currently shoots better, passes better, and defenders better than Rozier on a contract that is 15 million dollars cheaper and isnt owed long-term money.

Got to keep Giddey on the Thunder so they continue to play him and he holds the team back. Let his value tank enough to where they can't get as good of a return on him than if they traded him earlier. **** OKC.

Are we being too impatient with THT?

Horton-Tucker noted that, at age 22, he’s the same age as second-year wing Ochai Agbaji, so he believes he has “the opportunity to only get better.” He also pointed out that it’s his first time playing point guard on a full-time basis.

"I feel like people should be believing in me. I know I take some shots sometimes that are, like, different. It’s one thing that we always talk about: All the shots that I shoot in the games are shots that my coaches and teammates have seen me make. So it’s not coming from a place where it’s forced or — it’s not like, you know, selfish.
So I’m just really trying to get everybody understand to me a little bit more, to know that anything that I do is never coming from a selfish place. I’m trying to get better, get my teammates better, get in communication with everybody, and just try to get it right on the court. Being an extension of [head coach Will Hardy], is another thing I’ve been trying to do lately.”

Are we being too impatient with THT?

Yup. He's flat out been good this year. Not great, but he's going to get better as the year goes on. He's in a more natural 6th many type role now and his scoring stats should improve now that he has less of the "I have to be the PG that gets everyone going" burden.

THT is the only player (though I would say Sexton is probably now in this category as forum opinion has shifted on him) that any single mistake he makes is hyper magnified. He basically has to play a perfect game for the board to accept him at this point.

I just wouldnt want to bet on a complete non-shooter who can't really be a lead guard and also doesnt get to the FT line.

Maybe he puts it altogether one year and this looks dumb, but I honestly think THT will be better than him in 4 years.

elmo-falls-oh-brother.gif

The Thunder/Jazz trade that I like is Clarkson for Dort.

OKC could really use a bench gunner and Dort would be amazing next to Keyonte.
I like it. And I’m sure you couldn’t get it, but it’d be great to get our pick back.

I mostly agree with this, but if you can get a true game changer you can keep long-term, I would be open to that.

Terry Rozier is basically the exact opposite of what I want. Overpaid, high usage, doesnt help anyone on the team, would eat cap for next year. I'd much rather just keep Sexton.
Especially at the cost of a 1st rd pick.

Would it be possible to sign Hayward and trade for Paul George?

I'm trying to think of a realistic quick turnaround the Jazz could pull off.

I know PG has a player option, which he basically has to decline (if he's financially motivated/shrewd, which most are).

But is there anyway if the Clippers know he is leaving to work a sign and trade with them? Could we convince PG with like "Hey we are getting Hayward and we got Lauri, we just drafted the #1 pick and we will still have a boatload of assets to strengthen the team when needed". Give them Sexton/Collins/Brice/Pick (wouldnt have to be a ton since George would be asking to go to Utah or he would just leave and give them nothing, and as I type this I'm laughing at the thought of a star demanding a trade to Utah). But it could be this cool moment where PG/Hayward unite as the last remaining players of their draft class, who were picked back to back. To convince Hayward we sign Jeremy Evans as our 15th man.

Go into next season with:

Keyonte
PG/Clarkson
Hayward/ THT (yes, **** you in my fantasy we some how re-sign THT)
Lauri/Hendricks
Walker/Sarr

Yeah let’s trade for a couple oldass broken down players past their primes.

Back