What's new

Trade ideas

We don`t need to max out Lauri for next year. The key is to be able to give him a salary that allows him to get the 30% max on the extension years. The $12-$15 million he will get extra next year is free money that he won`t get if he sees out his current contract.
And that's what I think will happen. Lauri will renegotiate & extend.

Apparently Hawks have made every player except Trae Young and Jalen Johnson available for trade talks.

People focus on Murray a lot, but I would be intrigued by AJ Griffin Jr who showed great flashes in his rookie year but somehow hasnt found Quins favor and has been riding the deep end of the pine all year.
I would love to take a shot on Griffin or Bufkin. The hawks would be wanting immediate help though and I don't think we have the pieces to make it happen.

Reaves seems like such a good kid to be having supposed personal issues with Ham.

Almost makes you wonder if they are preparing their fans for an upcoming trade before the deadline...

What do you like?
"This is a massive package, but the Thunder figure to be contenders for the foreseeable future. Giving up three picks in the 20s plus two swaps that never happen is nothing. Oklahoma City needs to bet on themselves."

Quit reading after this first paragraph. 3 picks in the 20s plus 2 swaps that never happen and it's supposed to be "the trade that we cannot refuse". Who writes this sort of garbage for J note? Most of us on JFZ can produce better content than this garbage.

Reaves seems like such a good kid to be having supposed personal issues with Ham.

Almost makes you wonder if they are preparing their fans for an upcoming trade before the deadline...
Source? The article just says Ham doesnt give Reaves as many minutes as some people thinks he should. He's probably opting to give their better athletes who play defense more minutes rather than overload Reaves. Dosent say anything about a personal issue.

That's a major overpay for OG though. OG’s nice but that’s a lot for a player who can sign elsewhere in the summer.

Let's see what picks go to Raptors in the OG trade and see what the current market is
I think the Knicks are the team that puts the biggest package together for OG. They really need another big wing and OG is pretty much the ideal fit for them. I also think his resigning there would almost be guaranteed. For the Raptors Quickley would be a great fit with Barnes long term and they can probably pry 1 or 2 future 1sts from the knicks

I think the Knicks are the team that puts the biggest package together for OG. They really need another big wing and OG is pretty much the ideal fit for them. I also think his resigning there would almost be guaranteed. For the Raptors Quickley would be a great fit with Barnes long term and they can probably pry 1 or 2 future 1sts from the knicks
Nah. It's a total waste of assets for the Knicks. This package was enough for them to go for Don a summer ago but they refused to move Barrett and gRImEs. Now they move for OG, who is basically an UFA in the summer. Yes OG is a wing but they already have Grimes, Hart and Divencenzo on the roster who play similar roles. They can also load up a few more picks for Siakam who's just a better player but I guess they wanted to save their 1sts.

I think it's a good trade for both sides. OG is a perfect fit for the Knicks.

IQ is the perfect fit next to Barnes. RJ gets to be Canadian in Canada.

I really like this trade for the raptors. They no longer have to deal with the question of OG and his upcoming free agency while adding 2 starters that now round out what should be a really good starting lineup. It is solid for the knicks as well with OG being very likely to re-sign and needing an elite defensive wing to round out the roster.

Nah. It's a total waste of assets for the Knicks. This package was enough for them to go for Don a summer ago but they refused to move Barrett and gRImEs. Now they move for OG, who is basically an UFA in the summer. Yes OG is a wing but they already have Grimes, Hart and Divencenzo on the roster who play similar roles. They can also load up a few more picks for Siakam who's just a better player but I guess they wanted to save their 1sts.
OG isn't similar to Grimes, Hart and Divicenzo in the roles that they are capable of playing. OG has elite size for a perimeter defender that can matchup with almost anyone.