What's new

Trade Joe Ingles and Dante Exum for.....

I wouldn't do the trade either, because if we do this, we are basically almost saying, we are 'sure' that Gordon is that missing piece.

So the question is, is he truly that dude?

EDIT: I should probably expand a little more. This trade goes through, question marks on Mudiay, Davis as to how they will play in the second unit. So then you have Jeff Green and Royce. There also might be a question mark on Green, so essentially, your depth is Royce O'Neale. Is Gordon that much of a game changer to completely shatter our depth? You do this for players like LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis, Kevin Durant.
Wouldn't we have the same depth?
Exum doesnt play.
We lose Joe and gain Gordon. Seems like the same roster just with Gordon instead of joe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You don't bring Gordon here, to be that dude, and be the 4th option.
Mitchell is that dude. Gordon is simply better than Joe and what is needed against the big wings of the West.

Mitchell is that dude. Gordon is simply better than Joe and what is needed against the big wings of the West.

Agreed, Mitchell is that dude. But if Gordon is our guy, he needs to be 2nd option, some nights first option if he's hotter than Mitchell. We also lose a lot of playmaking with Joe leaving. A lot.

It wouldn't be the same roster Fish. Derrick, Exum(Admittedly he doesn't play), Joe, Crowder, we lost Kyle who scares the living daylights out of defenses, Raul, best 3rd string point guard. I think there are too many questions on the depth players we currently have. I only believe in Royce, if Joe leaves.

We have enough three point shooters. Go for more defense and athleticism.

First off, you can never have enough 3 point shooters in today's NBA. Secondly, Joe is much more than a 3 point shooter, he's a hell of a passer/playmaker and the second unit would be in a world of hurt without him. It's also likely that Conley will miss at least 10-12 games, either because of load management, injury or both and then Joe will become even more important.

I mean, I understand the suggestion for the trade, and in a vaccum the trade is: Gordon vs Joe/Dante

Dante has pretty much no value, so essentially it's a Gordon vs Joe trade. Gordon is younger, faster, more athletic, is better than Joe and has more years ahead of him, in a vacuum.

Gordon however, from what I've witnessed, doesn't elevate his teammates as much as Joe does. I'm also looking at the ripple effect on the rest of the roster this would have this season because of the way we've positioned ourselves. Any important/semi-important pieces we get rid off, will be felt throughout the squad, instead of just looking at it in a vaccum, and stating that Gordon is younger and better, so lets get him. Even though it's correct.

If both Joe and Dante leave, right now, you could possibly say that come playoff time, and there are no further transactions, we could only truly be 6 deep. That's a lot of pressure.

I am also delusional. I think Oni is a rotational player now and that Jarrell B will be much improved near the end of the season. I think we have some players (not at Joe's level yet) but 70% of what Joe is plus athleticism.

Joe is valuable and it would hurt the team in some areas which is why the Magic don't laugh entirely (they would likely still say no). Magic may get pushed over the top with picks which they love cause it is cheap and saves them money (which they love to do).

The plus for the Jazz is that lengthy, athletic wing scorers that is also a two way player are a rare valuable commodity in the NBA.

Joe is valuable and it would hurt the team in some areas which is why the Magic don't laugh entirely (they would likely still say no). Magic may get pushed over the top with picks which they love cause it is cheap and saves them money (which they love to do).

The plus for the Jazz is that lengthy, athletic wing scorers that is also a two way player are a rare valuable commodity in the NBA.

Yeah certainly if I was the magic I say no. But they're not contending, and don't need a player like Joe, and it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for them. Groom Gordon and hope to put a better team out on the floor by the time he's in his prime.

I see no reason for the Magic to do this trade. Being the Orlando Magic problably is the only reason anyone could think the answer to the call after proposing this trade would differ from something between laughter, questions about it being a prank or our gm being drunk, to them simply immediately hang up the phone.

This is a Dante hate board and a trade with Orlando might be the most feasible because no one thinks Augustin means a competing team. Fanz here hate Exum while saying they love Jazz management that loves Exum . I support a trade of Exum and Ingles for Gordon because Gordon addressees athleticism on a team that might be the most unathletic in the NBA. Getting rid of your most athletic player who plays guard on a team that might have the smallest backcourt in the NBA ,you need to get athleticism back Gordon would be a piece of the future with Gobert and DM ,lets face it Conley and Bogdanovic is for the now and not for the future ,Bogdanovic and Conley are rentals .Exum is hated here and will remain hated even when healthy ,if you can get Gordon or maybe Covington of Minnesota you move on a trade .Exum will be a long term starter for a team but shouldn't be for Utah. Jazz will score but teams with length will give Utah big problems and Jazz will not be with the upper tier Western teams. Jazz are 3 years too late on smallball and teams with length will be the best teams .

Getting rid of your most athletic player who plays guard on a team that might have the smallest backcourt in the NBA ,you need to get athleticism back Gordon would be a piece of the future with Gobert and DM ,lets face it Conley and Bogdanovic is for the now and not for the future ,Bogdanovic and Conley are rentals .

Dante's not our most athletic player. Mitchell, Green and maybe even Oni are all more athletic than Exum. He's the fastest on the team but definitely not the most athletic.

Green is not more athletic ,he's so athletic he's become a gypsy playing with 6 teams in 5 seasons . Nobody wants him and his salary keeps dropping every year. Oni won't even play in the NBA this year....Ignorant