What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

You should accurately state how Gobert is rated around here before you say he is overrated.
I think most people on this forum think that Rudy Gobert is a top 15 player in the NBA.

When it comes to regular season, stats could be found to support that argument. However, teams play in the NBA for playoff success. I do not believe that Rudy is a top 15 NBA player especially for the playoffs.

So yes, I think Rudy is overrated around here.

Collins received less passes per game from Trae than Hunter/Huerter/Bogdanovic despite shooting 54.5% from the field with those passes which is much higher than any of those three.

Rudy Gobert is a very good player but his lack of offensive ability, recent playoff performances, and massive contract make him one of the more difficult players to evaluate/trade. Quin built his system around Rudy, doesn't mean that other coaches will or want too.

His RPG were up this year compared to last and he’s taking less shots per game so of course his PPG is going to go down.
So he's less efficient on less attempts per game? I like Collins and think he's good but it's a little worrisome how public the Hawks have been about their desire to move him.

I think most people on this forum think that Rudy Gobert is a top 15 player in the NBA.

When it comes to regular season, stats could be found to support that argument. However, teams play in the NBA for playoff success. I do not believe that Rudy is a top 15 NBA player especially for the playoffs.

So yes, I think Rudy is overrated around here.
That's another issue with Rudy, he's such a force defensively in the regular season that you're basically guaranteed to be a playoff team. But his game doesn't really fit with playoff basketball where teams go smaller and space the floor.

Are we pretending Duncan was a PF... he was a center.

The biggest thing you need to win in today's league is two-way players (at any position). If Steph was still playing Trae Young style defense they wouldn't win titles either. Rudy has some offensive value... though it is limited in ways. Is Donovan? Is anyone else on the roster? Okay... so what is our biggest issue?
He has to be a PF so he can be listed as the best PF. Among centers he is probably 5th or 6th, but as a PF he can be #1!

So he's less efficient on less attempts per game? I like Collins and think he's good but it's a little worrisome how public the Hawks have been about their desire to move him.

He’s not happy with his role there with getting limited touches.

But Atlanta's narrative is they want another "star" next to Trae. So they are either packaging Collins with others for a player they like more, or they are trading Collins for some role players to move up in the draft.

They arent going to be interested in old *** Bogey until they make those moves, and by that time they wont have any more pieces to give Utah for that to happen.
I'm not sure what they are doing tbh. If I was them I might just try and flip collins for any expiring salary and the best picks I can to find a "star" in the draft. Not sure what package they can offer to get a star that fits with Trae... not sure they do better than Rudy.

I'm not sure what they are doing tbh. If I was them I might just try and flip collins for any expiring salary and the best picks I can to find a "star" in the draft. Not sure what package they can offer to get a star that fits with Trae... not sure they do better than Rudy.
Atlanta seems to be all over the place but I agree that Rudy is probably the best player that they can realistically acquire.

Atlanta seems to be all over the place but I agree that Rudy is probably the best player that they can realistically acquire.

Next year they can get a max contract slot if they trade Bogdanovic and let half of their team walk.

He should be getting at minimum in the teens in shot attempts.

16.2 PPG on 11.9 FGA is super efficient. He’s a 20/10 guy per 36 minutes.
I like Collins, one of ATL's issues, imo, is that they've just had too many mouth's to feed which has stunted the development of all their young players outside of Trae who has the ball like 90% of the time.

I would advise people against making statements like "elite centers don't win in the NBA". One of my first threads in this forum was how elite PGs(if not mistaken I counted elite as the All-stars or all NBA PGs that year) are not winning NBA championships and at the time I had a very good track record to support my assertion. The problem - since then, Steph Curry has won 4, Kyrie hit a championship winner, Lowry was one of the key players on a championship team, Jrue won.

Point is - the tides change in the league and sometimes going against the grain is actually a good way to find value and counter established norms. Also, it shows how random the league can be in regard to team building of championship teams.