What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Like when we send em a first to take Rudy Gay and NAW... I'm only kind of kidding.

I think they will get a first somehow. It was really good for them to be opportunistic and take advantage of POR’s trade exception. They wanted two first for Grant, and getting the pure space should give them a second. Alternatively, they might just be able to sign someone good with the extra space. They’re doing some good things in DET.

How was it that we could put together a better offer for Jerami Grant than Portland? Here I remember a few people thinking it would require a kings ransom to get him.

Portland could be a 3rd team in a Gobert trade where a player and a mid FRP go to Porty for #7. That player could conceivably be Bogdanovic. That might be enough to get the Jazz to pull the trigger on a deal that is otherwise not quite what they want.

But that's just me making **** up.
Bogey makes no sense for Portland with Grant. They don't need a 4. They need more wings who can play defense. They got plenty of shot creation and scoring now.

I’d be fine keeping Gobert. One of the best to ever put on a Jazz uniform. But I’d also love to see him with actual wing defenders on his team. Imagine him in the Robert Williams role on the Celtics? With high level perimeter defenders around him he would absolutely dominate.

Thinking of a Nick Nurse defense with OG and Scottie Barnes types around him? Yeesh.

If the rest of the league doesn’t recognize that value, then let’s keep him. But we gotta move other pieces in that case. Running it back would be a nightmare. Would rather lose every single player on the current team.
I think the rest of the league realizes his talent. The issue is his contract and age. That is probably the reason the Jazz are looking to move him.

How was it that we could put together a better offer for Jerami Grant than Portland? Here I remember a few people thinking it would require a kings ransom to get him.
The biggest thing was Portland could take his salary without sending money back.

Now Detroit is in position to sign Bridges or Ayton to a max offer sheet.

The biggest thing was Portland could take his salary without sending money back.

That's true. I just feel like he could have been the missing piece and that we could have figured out something.

I think they will get a first somehow. It was really good for them to be opportunistic and take advantage of POR’s trade exception. They wanted two first for Grant, and getting the pure space should give them a second. Alternatively, they might just be able to sign someone good with the extra space. They’re doing some good things in DET.
I think they getting Ayton... and some draft equity with their space. Now that OKC will be out of cap space teams will need a new vendor.

this is also another cautionary tale for why you shouldn't give up a damn first to dump salary like we did with Favs. If we use that pick here we might land the type of dude we need (would need to add more but could put together a comparable package).

They already could... now they could do their other business while they wait for those teams to match if they want.