What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If we trade Rudy and don’t get the exact right pieces back, there’s a significant risk of falling off a cliff next season. His defense holds this team together and makes it competitive, as evidenced by the playoffs when he can’t hold it together by himself and we fizzle out. Without him this team has no identity. Don is more replaceable, easier to trade and may even bring in a better haul. I’d rather trade him.

Tony Jones on Checketts show says that Ainge wants a promising young wing back in a Rudy trade. If the Jazz can get Patrick Williams, OG Anunoby or DeAndre Hunter they will likely pull the trigger on a deal. The Jazz want to structurally change their roster and Rudy's probably the only guy who can bring back enough to structurally change the roster. He also says that the organization lost a really big Gobert advocate when Quin resigned. He says Rudy is dealing with the rumors well...if he's here he's fine with it, if not he's fine with that too.

Tony Jones on Checketts show says that Ainge wants a promising young wing back in a Rudy trade. If the Jazz can get Patrick Williams, OG Anunoby or DeAndre Hunter they will likely pull the trigger on a deal. The Jazz want to structurally change their roster and Rudy's probably the only guy who can bring back enough to structurally change the roster. He also says that the organization lost a really big Gobert advocate when Quin resigned. He says Rudy is dealing with the rumors well...if he's here he's fine with it, if not he's fine with that too.
Gobert a real one for sure. Jazz dont deserve him. Quin did the morally right thing and left this pathetic franchise.

I'm nervous about tomorrow's draft and trades. Rudy's my favorite player on the current team, and I am going to be ill if he's traded.

Donovan
KCP
House
Collins
Gobert

Clarkson and Rui/Deni off the bench

I’d rather keep Bogey
The problem with keeping Bogey is he is a free agent next year so the Jazz could lose him and get nothing. I don't want to trade him but I trade him because I don't want another Jazz player to leave and we get no compensation for him. If we could trade Bogey/Royce for JC and #16. I wouldn't even think about it.

So what does Portland do now? Got to think they are going to deal the #7 pick for some one. I dont think Collins makes sense for them if they have Grant.

If I'm Portland I go all in on Gobert with the #7 pick, Josh Hart, and Naz Little. Not sure if that will do it for Utah

Love this from DET. Getting no money back was key. They're going to get some good **** back even if they can't land a UFA/RFA.
Like when we send em a first to take Rudy Gay and NAW... I'm only kind of kidding.

This gives a limited definition of being a two-way player. Rudy is elite offensively, it’s just that it’s not the way you’re traditionally used to. He’s not Mutombo on offense. He’s not Samuel Dalembert. He’s not Ben Wallace. It’s like saying a guy isn’t a defender because he isn’t a lockdown guy you put on the best player. Perhaps you need a lockdown guy or want more of them, but you can’t be so narrow in a definition where anything that isn’t a lockdown guy therefore isn’t a defender. Same goes for offense. He’s not offensively like Jokic or Embiid, but he has his own value. You can make a strong argument that his type of offensive skill set could be preferable, depending on the rest of the roster makeup, because his offensive value isn’t tied to his usage and he can facilitate an offense adding even more positive guys who are higher usage.

A better question is how many other good offensive centers can have the same level of impact he has offensively if they had his usage? That’s the issue here. Everyone “good” on offense wants to fight over usage. Here you can put someone into your offensive who is every bit as good, if not better, without affecting your usage.
I think Rudy could average 18-20 pts if he were given more shots. He is averaging almost 15pts and he takes about 6-7 shots per game it seems. Did not look up stats so if I am wrong don't hammer me.

So what does Portland do now? Got to think they are going to deal the #7 pick for some one. I dont think Collins makes sense for them if they have Grant.

If I'm Portland I go all in on Gobert with the #7 pick, Josh Hart, and Naz Little. Not sure if that will do it for Utah

Portland could be a 3rd team in a Gobert trade where a player and a mid FRP go to Porty for #7. That player could conceivably be Bogdanovic. That might be enough to get the Jazz to pull the trigger on a deal that is otherwise not quite what they want.

But that's just me making **** up.

Or they just make the pick and keep Nurkic. Dame signs his extension and they move him at the deadline if it doesn't work. They got the guy they wanted and kept the super valuable asset.