What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

This will probably be unpopular, but I’d trade Mitchell or Young from the hawks straight up for Murray.
Extremely unpopular. I wouldn't do that. Trae's offensive value is 2nd to Jokic and he single handedly lead our offense to wins over elite defenses like NY and Philadelphia as well as competitive v. Milwaukee.

To me, PG is the one position that can be overly offensive based.

Extremely unpopular. I wouldn't do that. Trae's offensive value is 2nd to Jokic and he single handedly lead our offense to wins over elite defenses like NY and Philadelphia as well as competitive v. Milwaukee.

To me, PG is the one position that can be overly offensive based.
Tell your GM to give us Collins, Huerter, and AJG for Rudy

According to some people on Reddit, Mike Conley just started following the Clippers. They said the only other two teams he follows are the Jazz and Grizzlies. I’m not in Twitter so cannot verify.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LAClippers/comments/vk8kxd/mike_conley_started_following_the_clippers/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Mike still has Utah Jazz in his twitter and instagram bios, and he also follows the Knicks on twitter too. Probably nothing to it.

Last edited:
Mike still has Utah Jazz in his twitter and instagram bios, and he also follows the Knicks on twitter. Probably nothing to it.
They’re trading us those four 2023 first rounders!

Come on. All Rudy does is dunk so of course his efficiency is going to be through the roof. Only a stupid person would argue though that he is a better offensive player than Collins. It isn't even close. As was mentioned Collins can score from all 3 levels while Rudy from only 1.
Who cares how he scores as long as he does? The object of basketball is to put the ball through the basket. There are no style points.

You know that DM would never be traded for OG. First OG has been hurt a lot. Secondly, he is limited on the offensive end. I am not confused at all. I understand the difficulty of trading Rudy due to his contract. That is the major reason why he is not traded in my opinion is due to his contract and age. If he were 24 years old the likely hood of him being traded would increase but the contract could still make it difficult. OG is more desired due to his age/contract and the fact that Wings are more coveted than centers in today's NBA. However, Rudy is still the better player if you look at his accomplishments and ignore the rest. So I am in agreement with you about the reasons why OG is not going to be traded for Rudy, but you are missing the point. My point is Rudy is the better player and has accomplished more than OG so straight up it would be a no brainer to trade for RUdy based upon talent. I know that is not how trades work though.
Rudy's contract makes him difficult to trade but his offensive limitations makes it more challenging. He can only fit in on certain teams.

Who cares how he scores as long as he does? The object of basketball is to put the ball through the basket. There are no style points.
He can't put the ball in the net if his teammates don't feed him for the most part. He can't dribble or shoot or slash. He can dunk and score on put backs though

1. Debatable. It's all about the best offer, if you get him, some other prospects, and the draft picks, Utah would seriously consider it as most teams would. My guess is what you think you can probably get for Mitchell is not an offer any NBA team would make. I personally think you could get a better offer for Mitchell.
2. He has been.
3. Naw. He's not limited. He just isn't consistent, if he ever becomes consistent, he has all-star potential.
4. Very confused if you think you can get OG for Gobert. Extremely confused.
5. Do you? That severely limits his incoming value and trade market to levels that may seem undesirable. I don't believe that's something Utah is willing to do, it's something I don't believe I would be willing to do. I feel like it's easier just to try your hardest to improve the locker room culture and make it where Rudy and Mitchell want to work together.
6. Yeah
7. Yeah
8. How?
9. If you are exclusively talking about impact, yes. But value wise, no, not even close.
10. Yeah, I agree. You seem very intelligent and a great representation of the Jazz fanbase. I've enjoyed talking with you.
Thanks I enjoy talking to you too. Basketball is a great game and I have always liked Atlanta mostly because the Jazz traded Dominique to them. The Jazz made that trade because of financial reasons. I always believed if they had kept him the Jazz would have a couple of NBA trophies. Stockton, Malone and Dominique.

OG isn't consistent because he is hurt and not as talented offensively as you claim. Just my opinion. Rudy is an ALL-star multiple times and OG has never been one. He has a good chance but it is only potential. You have to accomplish it before using it to support your argument. I don't think we could get OG for Rudy because of Rudy's contract and age not because OG is better than Rudy. You may be right about that is the best offer the Jazz can get for Rudy before the draft but now that FA is here, there is potential the Jazz can get a better deal. It may or may not happen but I think there is a better chance to do so now. I personally would not get rid of Rudy unless I got the package I wanted. I would rather keep him and like you said improve the culture and team around him.

He can't put the ball in the net if his teammates don't feed him for the most part. He can't dribble or shoot or slash. He can dunk and score on put backs though
Again you are arguing about what he cannot do. I agree Rudy has limited skills. His job is to set screens and get dunks. He plays close to the basket so that is why he mostly dunks. Nevertheless, the whole point is it doesn't matter how he scores, he is the most efficient player on the team. Shaq was mostly a dunker too. So what is your point? Rudy averages 15 points a game with zero plays called for him and minimum shots each game. I also agree that Rudy's contract is the thing that makes him difficult to move.

Last edited:
Someone may have already posted this, but Zach Lowe said on The Lowe Post that the Jazz are asking way too much for Gobert and he doesn't think they even got within the 50-yard line on a trade for him this week. Sounds like they never even came close to actually making a deal. I definitely don't think he's getting moved.

Last edited:
Again you are arguing about what he cannot do. I agree Rudy has limited skills. His job is to set screens and get dunks. He plays close to the basket so that is why he mostly dunks. Nevertheless, the whole point is it doesn't matter how he scores, he is the most efficient player on the team. Shaq was mostly a dunker too. So what is your point? Rudy averages 15 points a game with zero plays called for him and minimum shots each game. I also agree that Rudy's contract is the thing that makes him difficult to move.
My point is because he is limited offensively other teams wanting to trade for him keep this in mind. But please don't compare Shaq to Gobert you will insult one of the greatest centers that ever lived

Someone may have already posted this, but Zach Lowe said on The Lowe Post that the Jazz are asking way too much for Gobert and he doesn't think they even got within the 50-yard line on a trade for him this week. Sounds like they never even came close to actually making a deal. I definitely don't think he's getting moved.
giphy.gif

Thanks I enjoy talking to you too. Basketball is a great game and I have always liked Atlanta mostly because the Jazz traded Dominique to them. The Jazz made that trade because of financial reasons. I always believed if they had kept him the Jazz would have a couple of NBA trophies. Stockton, Malone and Dominique.

OG isn't consistent because he is hurt and not as talented offensively as you claim. Just my opinion. Rudy is an ALL-star multiple times and OG has never been one. He has a good chance but it is only potential. You have to accomplish it before using it to support your argument. I don't think we could get OG for Rudy because of Rudy's contract and age not because OG is better than Rudy. You may be right about that is the best offer the Jazz can get for Rudy before the draft but now that FA is here, there is potential the Jazz can get a better deal. It may or may not happen but I think there is a better chance to do so now. I personally would not get rid of Rudy unless I got the package I wanted. I would rather keep him and like you said improve the culture and team around him.
Thank you and I've always been a Utah fan and I watch a ton of your games and love your team although it was extremely tough to watch this past season like the Hawks. Chemistry issues were obvious.

I think Rudy is a top 15 player and the athletic agrees so I believe in Rudy first and foremost.

I don't know where I claimed he was so amazing on offense, I did say three-level scorer which I took back when confronted about that opinion. He's not a three-level scorer.

Trade value is often about potential or realistic potential.

I agree with that, that's exclusively the reason. Even though he's a big wing, a 24-year-old Rudy playing at this current level is far more valuable than OG but his contract would be a lot more reasonable too just due to his years in the NBA.

IDK. I think that contract and age mean you won't get a deal that makes sense short or long-term. Just one of those trades to make a trade that I don't think Utah FO will find to be useful.

I agree, I wouldn't trade Rudy or anyone unless I got the value I find to be either ideal or less (acceptable). If no deal is out there that covers that then no deal.