What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Teams have been able to just go small and limit his effectiveness on defense and he's not good enough offensively to punish them for it. For a guy that's making $170M over the next 4 seasons I just don't really see a team that he puts into title contention.

I don't think teams are limiting Gobert's effectiveness so much as they're exposing the fact that Gobert is the only guy the Jazz have on the floor who can defend at a high level.

I don't think teams are limiting Gobert's effectiveness so much as they're exposing the fact that Gobert is the only guy the Jazz have on the floor who can defend at a high level.
But if his primary value is that he defends at a high level doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose if he can only be effective if he's surrounded by other high level defenders?

Do it. He can replace Ingles. Make them give us a couple seconds.
I'd rather pick up Konchar or Tillman than seconds. Konchar was the guy I said we should go get last year... I believe he was my Caruso "We Should Go Get This Guy" Award Winner. Both of those guys could be in the rotation this year depending on how the offseason goes for Memphis... so they may not go for it.

Like if Rudy's main value is he brings your team elite defense but in the playoffs he needs to be surrounded by good defenders to be effective I don't see how he changes much for the Bulls or Hawks.

I'd rather pick up Konchar or Tillman than seconds. Konchar was the guy I said we should go get last year... I believe he was my Caruso "We Should Go Get This Guy" Award Winner. Both of those guys could be in the rotation this year depending on how the offseason goes for Memphis... so they may not go for it.
I could see them moving off of some wings after they drafted three this year that fit a similar mold

I could see them moving off of some wings after they drafted three this year that fit a similar mold
We could do Mike for Green and Konchar... then you waive and stretch Green so his 7M cap hit is now 2.3M... we could use MLE on Anderson or someone else if we prefer probably easier to just work him into the deal... though I think we'd get a decent trade exception if we did it as two trades (green into the trade exception from Ingles... then Konchar for Mike) They will want to get the new guys a little run and they will also want to increase playing time for Zhaire too.

Like if Rudy's main value is he brings your team elite defense but in the playoffs he needs to be surrounded by good defenders to be effective I don't see how he changes much for the Bulls or Hawks.

Bro.. literally think about what you just said lol.

Lavine and Ball would be their only two dudes that hit 3's at a high rate/clip as well. So they'd basically have 3 non shooters on the court most of the time.