What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If we did trade Mike to Memphis we could do a sign and trade for Anderson which would make @KqWIN happy. They could help us drop far enough under the tax/apron to make that viable.

I love me some Slow Mo. Will Hardy was also with him in SAS. Whatever direction we go, we need some A+ locker room guys who can hopefully unearth the horrible habits the Jazz have developed over the past couple of years.

The Knicks essentially traded the 11th/13th picks, Kemba, Burks, and Noel to pay Brunson $25M+
I think they received three firsts for 11... sent out one of them out in the Kemba dump (to Charlotte). They sent a bunch of seconds to Charlotte as well. So they get Brunson and a couple worse firsts for 11 and a bunch of seconds (Kemba, AB, Noel). Its honestly not awful... depending on Brunson's deal. 4/100M is not ideal but better than Randle's deal.

Detroit did really well in the Kemba dump but to only get a couple seconds for like 19M in meh salary is not ideal... but it may have been part of the earlier deal for 13 in a wink wink fashion.

The Knicks essentially traded the 11th/13th picks, Kemba, Burks, and Noel to pay Brunson $25M+
So it was either use a current player and maybe a pick to get Brunson via S&T from Dallas or use a protected pick to dump a couple bad contracts.

Brunson will be a good, solid PG for a while. Seems overpaid, but I'm glad Dallas is losing an asset for nothing.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think they received three firsts for 11... sent out one of them out in the Kemba dump (to Charlotte). They sent a bunch of seconds to Charlotte as well. So they get Brunson and a couple worse firsts for 11 and a bunch of seconds (Kemba, AB, Noel). Its honestly not awful... depending on Brunson's deal. 4/100M is not ideal but better than Randle's deal.

Detroit did really well in the Kemba dump but to only get a couple seconds for like 19M in meh salary is not ideal... but it may have been part of the earlier deal for 13 in a wink wink fashion.
The picks they got are super protected so they might not ever get them

The picks they got are super protected so they might not ever get them
They aren't super protected lol. They will definitely get the Detroit one. The Washington one is a little more iffy if they rebuild but still possible. Either way they traded #11 and a bunch of seconds and got off of like 30M in cap space and got a couple firsts on the side on top of it. Its really not horrible.

They aren't super protected lol. They will definitely get the Detroit one. The Washington one is a little more iffy if they rebuild but still possible. Either way they traded #11 and a bunch of seconds and got off of like 30M in cap space and got a couple firsts on the side on top of it. Its really not horrible.
The Wizards sucked last season and won’t have much flexibility if they pay Beal for a few years. The pistons suck

So it was either use a current player and maybe a pick to get Brunson via S&T from Dallas or use a protected pick to dump a couple bad contracts.

Brunson will be a good, solid PG for a while. Seems overpaid, but I'm glad Dallas is losing an asset for nothing.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Brunson is in no reality worth even close to a max deal. Dallas dodged a bullet

We ain't trading DM for Fournier and Barrett. We would need a boatload of picks and they just gave up two. DM and Brunson would be a redundant backcourt.
Barter and significant draft capital is one of the better returns we can realistically get for don

The Wizards sucked last season and won’t have much flexibility if they pay Beal for a few years. The pistons suck
Will the Pistons suck for like 5 straight years... cuz that's what they'd need to do. I can see the Wiz pick becoming seconds if it doesn't convey next year or the following year because the will rebuild. The protection on the pistons pick drops to top 8 by like 2026... Wiz goes to top 10 ish... I'd say that one has around a 50% chance at conveying.

Brunson is in no reality worth even close to a max deal. Dallas dodged a bullet
Well the cash considerations that Mark will keep will provide zero basketball value. I don't think I'd max him if I was them... but I'd make a more competitive offer than they did.

Will the Pistons suck for like 5 straight years... cuz that's what they'd need to do. I can see the Wiz pick becoming seconds if it doesn't convey next year or the following year because the will rebuild. The protection on the pistons pick drops to top 8 by like 2026... Wiz goes to top 10 ish... I'd say that one has around a 50% chance at conveying.
The Pistons are just at the beginning of their rebuild so it may convey or it may not.

Either way the Knicks wonder why they’re always terrible and then pay guys like Randle and Brunson near max money.

Well the cash considerations that Mark will keep will provide zero basketball value. I don't think I'd max him if I was them... but I'd make a more competitive offer than they did.
Dallas has Luka so they also have to think about the long game. If your second max contract dude is Brunson I don’t think it makes it pretty tough to reasonable expect a title.