What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

It is textbook what we shouldn’t do if we traded Donovan. We can get a piece like Shai but I have no interest in keeping players that will make us any semblance of being respectable.
I’m aware… that’s why you trade Donovan and just tank right. It wasn’t a waste because they know SGA can be solid on a playoff team. The rebuild started in earnest the following year when they offloaded CP.

Okay lmao… when did the process start? They had 4 ****** seasons from the time they started the process… and they missed on picks and had all sorts of weird **** happen… and still came out with a team that is a contender. The two years in the lotto the years before were they trying but still sucking years.

Look SA did the.. stay competitive thing for a few years … wasted several years in the middle… and what do they have to show for it? They get to start to tank now… that is where we are headed if we don’t trade Don… making the play in and getting the 12th pick… sounds fun.

I think we both know we either are trading for players who make us a playoff team or we are trading Donovan.

I’m aware… that’s why you trade Donovan and just tank right. It wasn’t a waste because they know SGA can be solid on a playoff team. The rebuild started in earnest the following year when they offloaded CP.

It was absolutely a waste. They could have had a chance to draft Edwards or LaMelo. Is knowing SGA can be solid on a playoff team worth that?

Yeah we are. Conley is nearing the end of his career. Bojan is 33 and in the final year of his contract. Ingles is already gone. Jazz sold high on Gobert, but he's gone. We're mediocre, and Ayton alone won't change that.

I am not advocating for just trading for Ayton and that’s it.

This is year 3… they were a 4/5 seed in the bubble and almost beat Houston 2 years ago. If they hit on Chet or any of their other picks they come out the rebuild with Chet, SGA, Giddey, Dort, a high pick in 23, cap flexibility and a crap ton of future picks… they didn’t even get that much luck. A top 5 pick in this year’s draft should net a great building block.

Going back to this post we are going into year 4 they are still going to be *** and how long until they compete?

FWIW, OKC already knew that from watching SGA on the Clippers the year prior.

Going back to this post we are going into year 4 they are still going to be *** and how long until they compete?
Nope this is year three… they were better in the bubble season than we can hope to be. If they had dumped CP mid season it would count but they didn’t… at the end of this season they won’t be ***. They would have had a chance at the play in last year if they didn’t bench everybody and play G league dudes. They were better than Sacramento who was trying like hell.

Who else do we have the assets to trade for without moving Donovan?

I have no idea who’s available and who’s not. I’m not an NBA GM. You make a move for Ayton then see where you go from there. We are loaded with a **** ton of draft capital right now.

Did anyone think Murray was available up until a couple of days ago?