What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

People think tanks last a decade… what leads teams to being ****** for 10 years is not tanking when it’s obviously something they should do. Absorb the process fully and you will be good in 2-3 years if you have some luck… 3-4 years if you aren’t particularly lucky… maybe less.
You just have to hit on an actual star as we saw with Atlanta (Trae), Dallas (Luka), and Memphis (Most ant).

People think tanks last a decade… what leads teams to being ****** for 10 years is not tanking when it’s obviously something they should do. Absorb the process fully and you will be good in 2-3 years if you have some luck… 3-4 years if you aren’t particularly lucky… maybe less.

The only team who tanked and got lucky and is competing after 3 years is Memphis. Everyone else is heading for the 4-5 year model like I’ve been saying. Nobody has said a decade but you can end up there with some bad decisions.

So he’s never had a real #2 scorer. Don, bogey, and Clarkson were our only 3 dudes that could score with any sort of consistency.
Most teams, even contenders,
are lucky to have three consistent scorers. The Jazz had four with Clarkson, an all-time efficient finisher that puts up 15-ish in Gobert, and a resulting elite offense. This notion that Mitchell had no help on offense is absolute fiction. It’s an embarrassing take.

The only team who tanked and got lucky and is competing after 3 years is Memphis. Everyone else is heading for the 4-5 year model like I’ve been saying. Nobody has said a decade but you can end up there with some bad decisions.
The bad decisions are being impatient.

Most teams, even contenders,
are lucky to have three consistent scorers. The Jazz had four with Clarkson, an all-time efficient finisher that puts up 15-ish in Gobert, and a resulting elite offense. This notion that Mitchell had no help on offense is absolute fiction. It’s an embarrassing take.
Rudy gobert was a consistent scorer?

To all the Rudy fanboys you can look at literally every title team in the past decade and they all had a 25+ ppg scorer. How many had a center averaging 12 ppg on a super max?

Rather than not making the playoffs now and then losing in the first round in 4-5 years. Ya probably.

Here's the thing.... the players that made the Jazz who they were the last 3 years are going to be gone. Conley, Bojan and Ingles are all getting old. They're declining. This run is over. Jazz sold high on Gobert, and the others will be gone by the start of the year. Jazz probably keep Clarkson to be a fan favorite and for some continuity, but that's it.

If the Jazz get a big offer for Mitchell, they'll move him too probably.

Rudy gobert was a consistent scorer?
I think you could make that argument but you’d first have to define “scorer”. However, I did not make that claim.

I think Mitchell, Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson would qualify as scorers. That’s four players, and that’s what I said in my post.

There is a portion of the GED exam about reading comprehension so you should prepare for it.

The Grizzlies were in the lottery 3 years in a row and they are the best case scenario for this.

Philadelphia was in the lottery 6 years in a row lmao.
Hell the jazz had favors (#3), Burks (#12), kanter (#3), trey burke (not sure but I think like #9), hayward (cant remember but might have been lottery), dante exum (#4 or #5 cant remember)
Lots and lots of busts available in the lottery. And forget busts. Lots of not even close to stars available in the lottery.

Hell the jazz had favors (#3), Burks (#12), kanter (#3), trey burke (not sure but I think like #9), hayward (cant remember but might have been lottery), dante exum (#4 or #5 cant remember)
Lots and lots of busts available in the lottery. And forget busts. Lots of not even close to stars available in the lottery.

No way, I was told the 3rd and 4th potential prospects of next years draft was guaranteed to be better than Mitchell.

Sure. But nobody was talking about Jokic as a completely unique multi-MVP candidate either. I’m aware that such an argument can also be made for your position, but my position is that more picks that are higher in the draft always increase your odds of finding top-tier talent. Because it does.
Some people have the position that an all star is a top tier talent. Donovan mitchell made the all star team. Is he top tier talent?

Dude… that posts says exactly what I just said. Are you on something right now?

Man you're slow. Fine, I'll spoonfeed it.

You yesterday, in response to me not wanting to trade Mitchell for Ayton & Bridges.

No, I have no idea what you are. You want us to have complete **** players and no building blocks. Getting Ayton is a building block. He is not going to lead us to the playoffs by himself. Is Ayton + a top-5 pick better or worse than a top-5 pick and no other good young players?
Dude you are ****ing lost. You want us to have zero good players right?

You today:

It is textbook what we shouldn’t do if we traded Donovan. We can get a piece like Shai but I have no interest in keeping players that will make us any semblance of being respectable.

Yup. An element of luck is involved for sure. And it's a numbers game. That's why you want to load up on picks. Draft with some of them and trade some of them for solid players.

No way, I was told the 3rd and 4th potential prospects of next years draft was guaranteed to be better than Mitchell.

In this last draft, I would have traded Mitchell for Banchero straight up. In this draft, I would probably trade Mitchell for Wemby, Scoot, Amen and possibly Ausur. However, no team is going to give us those young prospects for Mitchell. They'd laugh at us.

The whole argument is also moot because Mitchell probably isn't going to be here 2 years from now. There's no scenario where the Jazz retool around Mitchell if Mitchell is just going to leave.