What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Donovan literally lead the league in PER in the playoffs in 2020, was 7th in 2021 and because he had one down playoff series everyone is ready to give up on him (he was still 22nd in PER).

People are not giving up on Donovan. Donovan's current contract doesn't give the Jazz enough time to properly rebuild around him. At that point, he'll probably want out of Utah.

If you're keeping Mitchell get them both. Just keep those good picks.

There have been multiple reports saying that the Jazz have discussed Ayton with the Suns. It's not clear if the Jazz and Ayton agree on what his next contract would be though. I don't think giving Ayton $25M/year is a terrible deal in today's market. I could also see the Jazz acquiring him as a quality asset regardless of what the Jazz do with Mitchell. You're right though, Ayton is a reasonable replacement for Gobert in a re-tool scenario.

Jazz have plenty of guards with Beasley and Clarkson next to Mitchell, plus Conley. Jared Butler and NAW could break into the rotation. Not sure what the Jazz do with Patrick Beverly, but he'll attract interest on the trade market. Collins and Vanderbilt would give the Jazz options at the 4 if the Jazz can acquire Collins.

At the end of the day, it's just a question of whether the Jazz want to re-tool or rebuild. The fact that they're discussing trades for Donovan suggests that they're leaving both options open at a minimum.

There have been multiple reports saying that the Jazz have discussed Ayton with the Suns. It's not clear if the Jazz and Ayton agree on what his next contract would be though. I don't think giving Ayton $25M/year is a terrible deal in today's market. I could also see the Jazz acquiring him as a quality asset regardless of what the Jazz do with Mitchell. You're right though, Ayton is a reasonable replacement for Gobert in a re-tool scenario.

Jazz have plenty of guards with Beasley and Clarkson next to Mitchell, plus Conley. Jared Butler and NAW could break into the rotation. Not sure what the Jazz do with Patrick Beverly, but he'll attract interest on the trade market. Collins and Vanderbilt would give the Jazz options at the 4 if the Jazz can acquire Collins.

At the end of the day, it's just a question of whether the Jazz want to re-tool or rebuild. The fact that they're discussing trades for Donovan suggests that they're leaving both options open at a minimum.
I would be surprised to see Conley back in any scenario. I think he is most likely to be gone. Bogey and Gay are also pretty likely as well. Mitchell is your starting PG and then you let Butler try to steal minutes from Beverly unless he is traded or part of a trade. I also think we will trade Beasley or Clarkson but I could see us starting Beasley and keeping Clarkson in his role. We still would really need a 3 and D guy at the wing spot. If we trade Mitchell then dump anyone we can get decent picks for that isnt really young and has potential. I could see a scenario for picking up Ayton and see if he can improve his value or turn into a key part to combine with future picks/players.

Recent reporting is that Beverly likely to be bought out. Another indicator imo that we are tanking not retooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're keeping Mitchell get them both. Just keep those good picks.
What fantasy land do you live in?
Jazz and Mavericks have also "reportedly" been discussing a Mike Conley deal.
Link?
Recent reporting is that Beverly likely to be bought out. Another indicator imo that we are tanking not retooling.

Why buy him out when he has value on the trade market?

Saw that on a random account, but didn't see anything reputable.

You’re right. I didn’t see it from where I thought I saw it. I wouldn’t be shocked if the buyout happened, but I think Beverly has pretty good value even on a tanking team.

You’re right. I didn’t see it from where I thought I saw it. I wouldn’t be shocked if the buyout happened, but I think Beverly has pretty good value even on a tanking team.

If we're tanking, I could see the club just waiving him and calling it good, maybe a buyout if he really wanted out of dodge.

So...

How does Brooklyn get Donovan and multiple first round picks
AND
We get something valuable and multiple first round picks?

I just don't see how it's possible. If we trade Don, Ainge is going to want a load of picks and there are only so many poor Phoenix or Toronto or Chicago picks to go around. We would have to get a good player, but what's the point of that if we are going to rebuild?

I think the KD trade goes through Toronto and they get Siakim.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

So...

How does Brooklyn get Donovan and multiple first round picks
AND
We get something valuable and multiple first round picks?

I just don't see how it's possible. If we trade Don, Ainge is going to want a load of picks and there are only so many poor Phoenix or Toronto or Chicago picks to go around. We would have to get a good player, but what's the point of that if we are going to rebuild?

I think the KD trade goes through Toronto and they get Siakim.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
That's the entire point, the Jazz are not going to actually facilitate Brooklyn, they just have to get New York to believe that they are.

That's the entire point, the Jazz are not going to actually facilitate Brooklyn, they just have to get New York to believe that they are.

What's the difference between trading him now or waiting 11 months from now in terms of draft picks? I think he plays the season with the Jazz and then they do something next year.