What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What's the difference between trading him now or waiting 11 months from now in terms of draft picks? I think he plays the season with the Jazz and then they do something next year.
That would make sense. We have too many solid players to tank right now:

Bojan
Conley
Beasley
Beverley
Vanderbilt
Clarkson
NAW
Butler

And if we trade Don, we'll likely add even more solid players or at least young guys who should want to try to compete.

Bojan
Conley
Beasley
Beverley
Vanderbilt
Clarkson
NAW
Butler

And if we trade Don, we'll likely add even more solid players or at least young guys who should want to try to compete.
If we believe Don is a fraud then we trade him now, but.. he is not a fraud. He truly is an allstar.

What's the difference between trading him now or waiting 11 months from now in terms of draft picks? I think he plays the season with the Jazz and then they do something next year.
Now you can send him wherever you want(to whoever gives you the biggest offer). Next year he will be able to much more reliably threaten teams away from bidding for him because he will have one less year on his contract. In addition, if you try to retool you are very likely to lose value by going for win-now pieces instead of for long-term value.

My brother just read an article of Donovan to Toronto for OG, Trent, and 3 draft picks.

I say no. Toronto with siakam, Barnes, and Donovan is tough and those picks are worth beans. Why grab OG and trent who keep us relevant?

OG and trent keep us relevant yet toronto losing them makes toronto better? Something doesn’t add up.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Sadly, odds are that no one we draft with any of the draft picks from the gobert trade will be as good as gobert.
Also odds are that anyone we draft from trading mitchell wont be as good as him.
Sucks being a team that doesnt land big name free agents and players demanding trades never want to be traded here. Makes it really really hard to win a championship.

Bojan
Conley
Beasley
Beverley
Vanderbilt
Clarkson
NAW
Butler

Conley is washed

OG and trent keep us relevant yet toronto losing them makes toronto better? Something doesn’t add up.

Yeah, that read weird.

What I meant is that OG and Trent would be nice if we had Donovan. If we are trading Spida and tanking then OG and Trent would help us get too many wins to be worth keeping and they certainly wouldn't replace Donovan.

What center do we have that's going to average 14/9/3/2?

Udoka avaraged 15 and 13 and 2 blocks on 76% shooting per 36 last year and he cant even get on the court.

I bet he could average 14 and 9 with a few blocks. And again, he sucks so bad he never ever plays

As if I couldn't stand KD and Kyrie any more, they go and hijack the offseason with their selfish demands. There was one guy signed on July 4th in the entire NBA? Only a couple on July 3rd?

People will look back on this era and complain that players were given all the power. Really, if you take out KD, Kyrie and Harden, there really hasn't been that much drama around the rest of the league.

Yeah, that read weird.

What I meant is that OG and Trent would be nice if we had Donovan. If we are trading Spida and tanking then OG and Trent would help us get too many wins to be worth keeping and they certainly wouldn't replace Donovan.

I dont think they are good enough to get us too many wins.

As if I couldn't stand KD and Kyrie any more, they go and hijack the offseason with their selfish demands. There was one guy signed on July 4th in the entire NBA? Only a couple on July 3rd?

People will look back on this era and complain that players were given all the power. Really, if you take out KD, Kyrie and Harden, there really hasn't been that much drama around the rest of the league.

You barely beat me to it.

One nice thing about lebron (i know we arent supposed to say positive things about lebron for some strange reason as it will trigger everyone) is that he always honored his contracts and never demanded to be traded.

Sadly, odds are that no one we draft with any of the draft picks from the gobert trade will be as good as gobert.
Also odds are that anyone we draft from trading mitchell wont be as good as him.
Sucks being a team that doesnt land big name free agents and players demanding trades never want to be traded here. Makes it really really hard to win a championship.

They probably won't be as good defensively, but they might be better in different aspects that are more relevant to what the Jazz want to do. They also won't be on a $40MM/year contract, and they'll be young enough that the Jazz can develop with them.

Yesterday NAW had 11 points on 3 of 8 shooting from three, 5 boards and 7 assists in Canada's pasting of the US Virgin Islands.
If he isn’t traded, he and Butler are the players I will have irrationally high hopes for next season. Experience tells me it will end in disappointment, but I’ll get it right one day. I believe he has the tools to be an effective role player if he isn’t asked to do too much. If he can do it against the Virgin Islands, home of Tim Duncan, he can do it against the Warriors.