What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Rudy might get in the Hall of Fame. And Rudy might get his number retired. But one thing is for certain - Rudy Gobert never once carried us to a playoff series win. Not once. People can love on him all they want, but it's just a fact.

I'm pretty sure that's why Ainge cashed in on trading Rudy now.
A whopping three to choose from. And I guess you’re just going by the guys who get the buckets. But overall impact you can still make the case. He was the best player in that Clippers series. Mitchell was a beast vs OKC, but Gobert embarrassed Westbrook and George at the rim all series. He was really good against Memphis too. It’s a group effort. Mitchell doesn’t lead us to whatever small victories we’ve had without Gobert.

I didn't get triggered at all. I was joining a conversation.

I appreciate Rudy. I've said it before that I wish we could have been a title contender around him and Don. Unfortunately, the Conley trade and the moves following were so gosh dang awful that it completely tanked our chances of building around the two of them.
They hate us because we go against the grain not like his cult

This has been my entire narrative the whole time. Rudy is a regular season top 15-20 player. Definitely. I'm not disparaging him in that regard.

I think some guys are going to far with the Rudy bashing right now. He was and is a good player.

I've always had an issue with Rudy in the playoffs. He's not a top 15-20 player in the playoffs. It's a sad fact but it's still a fact.
People just want to express what they appreciate about the guy and how they're going to miss him.

You and the other clowns don't need to spam your same garbage argument everytime Rudy gets mentioned (and many times even when he doesn't get mentioned), least of all on this particular day. Give it a rest.

Rudy might get in the Hall of Fame. And Rudy might get his number retired. But one thing is for certain - Rudy Gobert never once carried us to a playoff series win. Not once. People can love on him all they want, but it's just a fact.

This is a bit over the top too. There are many ways to carry a team, and generally playoff wins are team wins. Did DM carry the Jazz to a win? I'm pretty sure that even though he played his guts out we still lose without the rest of the team, Rudy included. In the playoffs when teams break out their real schemes, then they devote most of their game plan to limit Rudy's impact... that should tell people how much "respect" they have for him. When they game plan to take him out of the series and force the rest of the team to beat them... doesn't that mean he is carrying the focus of the other team and now it's up to his teammates to help out and the coaches to counter?

I won't take anything away from DM, because he's on another level in the playoffs, but to discount the other teammates like DM is the only one doing anything out there, and to pin a donkey tail on Gobert for being the heart of the other teams scheme is disingenuous.

Let's all take a breath, and be happy or sad Rudy is gone and move on with our lives. The fact that we can talk basketball instead of Trump or some other stupid world event is a good thing. Let's not make basketball as divisive as everything else.

People just want to express what they appreciate about the guy and how they're going to miss him.

You and the other clowns don't need to spam your same garbage argument everytime Rudy gets mentioned (and many times even when he doesn't get mentioned), least of all on this particular day. Give it a rest.
We are free to state our opinion he is gone and we are rejoicing, we predicted it now y'all are crying. Always cheer for the team not the player see where all your loyalty is

I'm tired that I got involved in the Rudy conversation. Ugh. Back to the present and future.

I think the smartest trade for Brooklyn would be sending KD to NOLA for Brandon Ingram and a ton of their picks. New Orleans instantaneously becomes a contender. It would be the best chance in the franchise's history to contend. For Brooklyn, they get an All Star, and NOLA could send them a ton of picks. They have I think 3 or 4 extra 1st round picks the next few drafts.

A whopping three to choose from. And I guess you’re just going by the guys who get the buckets. But overall impact you can still make the case. He was the best player in that Clippers series. Mitchell was a beast vs OKC, but Gobert embarrassed Westbrook and George at the rim all series. He was really good against Memphis too. It’s a group effort. Mitchell doesn’t lead us to whatever small victories we’ve had without Gobert.
Then Gobert got exploited 2 years and a row leading to his trade

Um... duh. There you go, the 2x MVP of the league trash talked the 3x DPOY and both play the same position. That's something. When I watched the games even though a few times people went right at Gobert, he stopped more than "got him". For every poster on him he got a poster block, or a redirected shot or a dribbler that dribbled out of the middle to pass instead of shoot. No stats on the change he made to how people played. Personally that's why I think so many stars and other players don't like Gobert. He made them look stupid enough times that they got mad, and combine that with the fact that he doesn't hang out in their circles made it easy to hate him. He's different, easy to hate people different.

The Joker trash talk has more merit than Luka... but even still that's all it is. It takes nothing away from the fact that Rudy changed the game when people played the Jazz.

I like DM. I like RG. It's not one or the other for me. This whole one or the other thing is stupid and petty.

Can he score other than dunking or put backs padded stats with one foot range
How old are you?

You realize this is a team sport right. Gobert allowed Mitchell to win playoff games

Um... duh. There you go, the 2x MVP of the league trash talked the 3x DPOY and both play the same position. That's something. When I watched the games even though a few times people went right at Gobert, he stopped more than "got him". For every poster on him he got a poster block, or a redirected shot or a dribbler that dribbled out of the middle to pass instead of shoot. No stats on the change he made to how people played. Personally that's why I think so many stars and other players don't like Gobert. He made them look stupid enough times that they got mad, and combine that with the fact that he doesn't hang out in their circles made it easy to hate him. He's different, easy to hate people different.

The Joker trash talk has more merit than Luka... but even still that's all it is. It takes nothing away from the fact that Rudy changed the game when people played the Jazz.

I like DM. I like RG. It's not one or the other for me. This whole one or the other thing is stupid and petty.
Joker owns Rudy he is the 2 time mvp and can play both sides of the ball. Gobert isn't on the Joker's level