What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think MEM and NOP should be our models. Small markets that cashed in on some all-stars, tanked for a couple years and both are in excellent positions for the next few years.

One correction though, MEM finished 2 in the west this year.

Memphis only got late 1sts from UTA for Mike Conley, picks that became Brandon Clarke and Jake Laravia. That's not good enough.

The obvious trade for the Jazz is still to send Mitchell to the Knicks for a massive pick haul that includes their 2023 FRP unprotected. We should even take back Julius Randle. Their team based around Brunson / Mitchell / Barrett / Toppin / Robinson might actually miss the playoffs.

Eastern Conference should be: Boston, Milwaukee, Philly, Miami, Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland. The Knicks' FRP could be late lottery again. Even with Mitchell, I think the Knicks are going to be more or less like the Wizards.

If you want good young assets and premium draft capital, no you can't. I'd take some combination of Quickley, Grimes, Barrett, Toppin and their picks which will be mid first round at absolute worst over Herro, Duncan, and late 1sts.
They aren’t offering it though so tough *******.

They aren’t offering it though so tough *******.
There was literally just a report that said they're considering making an offer for Donovan that includes Barrett and heavy draft capital so they don't lose out to the Nets or Heat. The Heat are the only team in the NBA willing to trade for Donovan? lol

You didn’t understand my post. Our best asset (in the short term) would be our own high draft pick next year (and probably 2024).
Yes I got your point but if you trade a star to a contending team you ensure you're not receiving good picks back. A team like the Knicks on the other hand...

You don't trade away an asset like Donovan who is under team control for the next three seasons for a lackluster package. We've never seen a team do it and I doubt Danny Ainge is going to be the pioneer that starts that new trend.

There was literally just a report that said they're considering making an offer for Donovan that includes Barrett and heavy draft capital so they don't lose out to the Nets or Heat. The Heat are the only team in the NBA willing to trade for Donovan? lol
Monty report????

Yes I got your point but if you trade a star to a contending team you ensure you're not receiving good picks back. A team like the Knicks on the other hand...
Wutttttt?????? Are you ****ing kidding… AD went to the Lakers and they just gave up the 8th pick… Clips got Kawhi and PG and just gave up the 12th pick… it must be hard being this wrong.