What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The thing about New York is that it might be necessary for them to test out their new team before they panic enough to trade for Donovan. They aren't going to be very good and they really need to be good.

Nope from Jacob Eisenberg, a source close to KD, lol.
Until Windy, Woj, Shams, or Fisher say it I’m likely not gonna believe it. There have been a couple reports about how they aren’t all that excited about having a starting tiny backcourt.

Wutttttt?????? Are you ****ing kidding… AD went to the Lakers and they just gave up the 8th pick… Clips got Kawhi and PG and just gave up the 12th pick… it must be hard being this wrong.
Send him to the Heat then pray that Don and Bam both miss most of the season in 2-4 years. Great plan. Miami has picked inside the top 10 twice in 22 years.

Until Windy, Woj, Shams, or Fisher say it I’m likely not gonna believe it. There have been a couple reports about how they aren’t all that excited about having a starting tiny backcourt.
So who's report are you basing your opinion on that the only team that wants Donovan is the Heat or that Herro/Duncan is the best we can do? Please share.

Wutttttt?????? Are you ****ing kidding… AD went to the Lakers and they just gave up the 8th pick… Clips got Kawhi and PG and just gave up the 12th pick… it must be hard being this wrong.
I mean yeah, Heat are a top 5 org with depth. I don't want their picks.

The thing about New York is that it might be necessary for them to test out their new team before they panic enough to trade for Donovan. They aren't going to be very good and they really need to be good.
Well it's a good thing that we're also not in a rush to move him then.

I'm beginning to believe that Rudy will bring back a better haul than KD. This helps me cope, somewhat. . .

No one was discussing a potential Rudy to Minnesota deal. If we start shopping Donovan I wouldn't limit the potential suitors to just 2/3 teams.

No one was discussing a potential Rudy to Minnesota deal. If we start shopping Donovan I wouldn't limit the potential suitors to just 2/3 teams.
So if your Ainge do you ignor Donovan's preferred teams and trade him to whoever gives best offer?

So if your Ainge do you ignor Donovan's preferred teams and trade him to whoever gives best offer?
Yeah that's what the Nets are doing. He has zero leverage with 3 years left on his contract.

Ainge reportedly told Donovan, and I quote, "we're going to do whatever's best for the franchise."

Do you think he takes less to send him somewhere he wants to be?

Yes I got your point but if you trade a star to a contending team you ensure you're not receiving good picks back. A team like the Knicks on the other hand...
This is totally beside the point I was making. But that aside, when did I even mention NYK or MIA?

This is totally beside the point I was making. But that aside, when did I even mention NYK or MIA?
You didn’t, I did. You said the main value that you get is your own pick from tanking. To which I replied only if you trade him to a good team/organization. Which is why it makes sense to trade him to the Knicks but not the Heat. The value can also be an additional lottery pick or two if you move him to a team you don’t think can contend

The value of the Heat's future picks is meh, which wouldn't be a huge deal if they had expiring deals and a foundational young piece to send back. You have to take on Herro (okay not great/due for an extension) and Duncan (negative asset) while committing to both long term with big contracts.

You didn’t, I did. You said the main value that you get is your own pick from tanking. To which I replied only if you trade him to a good team/organization. Which is why it makes sense to trade him to the Knicks but not the Heat. The value can also be an additional lottery pick or two if you move him to a team you don’t think can contend
If we trade Donovan and tank, we have a shot at a top 3 pick. I don’t foresee a scenario where NYK is one of the 5-6 worst teams in the league next year, especially if they have Donovan. Now, 3-4 years down the road, I could see it.

If we trade Donovan and tank, we have a shot at a top 3 pick. I don’t foresee a scenario where NYK is one of the 5-6 worst teams in the league next year, especially if they have Donovan. Now, 3-4 years down the road, I could see it.
In theory they'd have like $110M committed to Randle, Brunson, and Donovan. The Knicks have picked in the lottery 15/20 years.

Ideally we'll get young talent back, you don't trade him for bad salary in hopes ping pong balls bounce your way in a year.

I mean yeah, Heat are a top 5 org with depth. I don't want their picks.
They are but they would be capped out and have no picks. Their best player is old with a lot of miles on. We always look at these things like guarantees… guess what… teams that don’t think they will be good won’t give up all their picks unprotected. Which is why NY hasn’t done a Donovan deal to date. If you control their draft for six years through swaps and owning their picks they will have some mid round picks and you have a chance at something juicier if they lose someone to injury or aging out.

I’d rather have the Knicks picks or the Suns picks but assuming the Heat picks are going to be late firsts that far in the future isn’t correct either… look how quickly the Nets picks flipped… life comes at nba teams fast.

In theory they'd have like $110M committed to Randle, Brunson, and Donovan. The Knicks have picked in the lottery 15/20 years.
Ok, but we didn’t, and MEM traded us their best player, and they got a couple late first rounders from us. How’d this plan turn out for them? Sure, I’d love to trade with the worst team in the league for their picks, who wouldn’t? But our best bet to get a generational player would be for us to bottom out completely like MEM did for two years and build our team through the draft. That’s the only point I was making.

Especially if they have Donovan but also because they will have no reason to tank.

I’d much rather have the Knicks picks… I’m skeptical they pony up now that they have Brunson.