What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Says the guy that declared Rudy not very valuable because he hadn’t been traded by draft night.
Imagine if DA would've panicked and traded him away for a lesser package before the draft or on draft night. He didn't and look at the return he got from a team that seemingly came out of nowhere. Does rushing into a DM to Miami deal seem like the logical approach he's going to take after the way he handled Rudy?

If he was valuable he would have been traded already. That’s how the NBA works didn’t you know.
Miami's the only team that we can trade Donovan too so we have to accept their lackluster package when we have him under control for 3 seasons. I mean Minny was the only possible option for Rudy too, right?

Rudy also brought back literally 0 assets in terms of proven NBA talent or promising young talent that you can view as a building block going forward. Minny gave the draft capital that they did because they were able to keep their core together. What NBA team in modern history has traded for an All NBA player and kept the other 4 starters they wanted intact?

Miami's the only team that we can trade Donovan too so we have to accept their lackluster package when we have him under control for 3 seasons. I mean Minny was the only possible option for Rudy too, right?

Has anyone said Miami is the only team we can trade Donovan to? Seriously has a single person said that?

Imagine if DA would've panicked and traded him away for a lesser package before the draft or on draft night. He didn't and look at the return he got from a team that seemingly came out of nowhere. Does rushing into a DM to Miami deal seem like the logical approach he's going to take after the way he handled Rudy?
Neither guy has trade value according to you doe… otherwise they’d be traded.

Has anyone said Miami is the only team we can trade Donovan to? Seriously has a single person said that?
I was told the Knicks aren't going to offer what we want so to "get the **** over it." And you and your buddy have been arguing why Miami's package is so awesome so we should just pull the trigger now.

You literally wanted him to trade him to Atlanta for John Collins, Kevin Huerter and AJ Griffin after the draft.

Neither guy has trade value according to you doe… otherwise they’d be traded.
Vanderbilt, Beasley, Beverly, Kessler, Bolmaro. The haul so nice that you think we should give up our other star player for peanuts to go into a full blown tank because there's no realistic path to being competitive.

Vanderbilt, Beasley, Beverly, Kessler, Bolmaro. The haul so nice that you think we should give up our other star player for peanuts to go into a full blown tank because there's no realistic path to being competitive.

That’s kind of the point of tanking and rebuilding through the draft.

I merely said it’s not as bad as some think. If it was the best package on the table I’d strongly consider taking it so that you avoid a full season of Donovan passive aggressiveness and rumors… you also increase the value of your own pick and increase the amount of picks in the ledger… so you can snake another pick from someone?

Teams will also stop giving out these packages as they continue to come back and haunt them.

That’s kind of the point of tanking and rebuilding through the draft.
I just personally can't remember an All-NBA player in his prime being traded without at least one player that looked like a potential franchise cornerstone coming back in return.

Tanking for picks has worked out well here, it's how we landed Jazz legends Dante Exum and Enes Kanter.

Nope no value cuz if there was it would have been done on draft night… you were quite clear

I merely said it’s not as bad as some think. If it was the best package on the table I’d strongly consider taking it so that you avoid a full season of Donovan passive aggressiveness and rumors… you also increase the value of your own pick and increase the amount of picks in the ledger… so you can snake another pick from someone?

Teams will also stop giving out these packages as they continue to come back and haunt them.
You have 3 years of Donovan under team control, $45M in cap space, and 3 1st round picks next year. Not to mention a ton of future draft assets and expiring deals with guys like JC/Conley. If that's the best package on the table you simply hold onto him and try again later.

I just personally can't remember an All-NBA player in his prime being traded without at least one player that looked like a potential franchise cornerstone coming back in return.

Tanking for picks has worked out well here, it's how we landed Jazz legends Dante Exum and Enes Kanter.
Maybe it’s why we have zero championships… we have rarely bottomed out.

Minnesota is going to be a contender, possibly the best team in the West, according to JF after they leveraged their draft capital for the foreseeable future to make a deal with us. I'd guess that'll drive Don's value up.