What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

They are but they would be capped out and have no picks. Their best player is old with a lot of miles on. We always look at these things like guarantees… guess what… teams that don’t think they will be good won’t give up all their picks unprotected. Which is why NY hasn’t done a Donovan deal to date. If you control their draft for six years through swaps and owning their picks they will have some mid round picks and you have a chance at something juicier if they lose someone to injury or aging out.

I’d rather have the Knicks picks or the Suns picks but assuming the Heat picks are going to be late firsts that far in the future isn’t correct either… look how quickly the Nets picks flipped… life comes at nba teams fast.
They'd also have 25 year old Bam/Don to build around and are the best team in the NBA at finding diamonds in the rough. They don't need high picks to find role players as we've seen in the past few seasons. The Lakers, Nets, and Clippers aren't the Heat though, Pat Riley always finds ways to keep the team competitive and they'll always be a major draw for top end free agent talent.

NYK haven't traded for Donovan because he hasn't been shopped.

Especially if they have Donovan but also because they will have no reason to tank.

I’d much rather have the Knicks picks… I’m skeptical they pony up now that they have Brunson.
The Knicks don't try to be bad, they're just bad because they choose to pay players like Brunson/Randle over Kyrie/Durant.

Ok, but we didn’t, and MEM traded us their best player, and they got a couple late first rounders from us. How’d this plan turn out for them? Sure, I’d love to trade with the worst team in the league for their picks, who wouldn’t? But our best bet to get a generational player would be for us to bottom out completely like MEM did for two years and build our team through the draft. That’s the only point I was making.
Memphis traded Conley to a consistent playoff team on the rise to start their rebuild and to also give him a chance to compete at the twilight of his career. They did the same thing with Marc Gasol. If Conley was 25 years old just getting ready to go into his prime the package would've been extremely different.

Not sure why anyone would be hell bent on a Miami package built around Herro and Duncan or believe that DA isn't going to get more than that after what he just got for Rudy. But to each his own.

Trading Don immediately in a hast to pay Herro/Duncan the same $$$ we would've been paying Rudy to accumulate 1sts in 5/7 years from one of the best organizations in basketball seems like a DA move.
I never once even mentioned trading him to Miami. I do not want to trade him to Miami. That makes no sense for multiple reasons. So where is this coming from?

But our best bet to get a generational player would be for us to bottom out completely like MEM did for two years and build our team through the draft. That’s the only point I was making.
OKC got SGA, NOP got Ingram, the Bulls got LaVine when they traded away their star player.

Bottoming out could land you Ja, Luka or Trae. It could also just as easily land you Marvin Bagley, Josh Jackson, or Anthony Bennett.

The other thing tanking does is you don’t have to do trades with win now value… just send Bogey and Mike to LA for Westbrook and picks… there is enough there is all we can get is the Heat package… by all means… try and get more… but just cause you want more doesn’t mean you’ll find it on your ideal timeline.

I never once even mentioned trading him to Miami. I do not want to trade him to Miami. That makes no sense for multiple reasons. So where is this coming from?
I'm not talking to you, what you've said I agree with. If you're trading him you're doing it to go full tank commander to maximize your draft position while also seeing what we have with any young talent on the roster. I was referring to the two that have been going back and forth with me like Miami is the only team we can trade him too.

The other thing tanking does is you don’t have to do trades with win now value… just send Bogey and Mike to LA for Westbrook and picks… there is enough there is all we can get is the Heat package… by all means… try and get more… but just cause you want more doesn’t mean you’ll find it on your ideal timeline.
We have three years to figure it out as Don goes into the prime of his career. If we're going to trade him to Miami it will have to be soon because once Herro signs his extension he's not eligible to be traded for 6 months.

Last edited:
Also why would the Lakers trade away Russ' $47M in expiring plus picks when they're already down bad with draft assets for Bojan's expiring and Conley who they'd have to pay at least $14M in 2023? They'll still have AD, probably LeBron, and the cap space for Kyrie next offseason if they don't take any significant contracts on past this season.

LeGM isn't trading Russ to play with Bojan and Mike for a year. Seems to defeat the purpose of dumping Westbrook with picks if it also means you're not contending the last year LeBron is under contract and that you can't sign Kyrie the next offseason.

Attaching picks to Westbrook only makes sense for them if they're getting Kyrie or another piece(s) to try and chase a championship. If that's not possible they're better off keeping cap flexibility/future draft assets to go after someone else. They'd literally be giving away the only future picks they have to pay Mike Conley $14/22M next season and effectively ruining any chance of signing Kyrie as LeBron enters free agency.

Last edited:
I’m sick of hearing rumors about teams helping the lakers to rid of Westbrook’s overrated contract I say let them rot with a ****** team they have and the whining bitch in lebronwyn

Everybody wants to complain about the 2 first rounders in the Mike Conley trade. Walker Kessler was picked with one of those picks. So, we kind of got it back. The other 1st round pick was Darius Bazley. Quit acting like we gave up the ****ing farm.

I’d also wager that tanking for draft position isn’t nearly as important when we have 3 picks (plus a ton of future picks), a ton of cap space, and expiring deals we can move next off-season.

Everybody wants to complain about the 2 first rounders in the Mike Conley trade. Walker Kessler was picked with one of those picks. So, we kind of got it back. The other 1st round pick was Darius Bazley. Quit acting like we gave up the ****ing farm.
We didn't give up some crazy amount of assets for him but we just killed any flexibility that we had when we made the trade.

Also the time to take on bad $$$ for assets is gone now because we can't help anyone get under the tax for this season or clear the space to sign a free agent. Those type of deals will come at the deadline/draft next season.