What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

There has to be concern that he is going to end up like Brandon Roy here... If Bulls are confident then they won't do the deal. Him taking a year to get healthy would be great for us... pretty devastating for Bulls who are lowkey a win now team.
Yeah, if we were giving them back a player who was relatively in his prime on a long-term fair deal, then a swap would make sense. The Bulls give up high end value for more guaranteed value, but that isnt the case with any of our available players (other than maybe Clarkson, but Clarkson also kind of sucks and isnt near close to Ball's value).

There has to be concern that he is going to end up like Brandon Roy here... If Bulls are confident then they won't do the deal. Him taking a year to get healthy would be great for us... pretty devastating for Bulls who are lowkey a win now team.
It ain’t low key. Their path to improvement doesn’t really include trading picks so they’re constrained in their options.

I think you are smoking some gas if you think the Jazz could get Ball and a pick for Bogey. It would be Bogey and a pick for Ball.
Nah... if Ball is broken you have him for 3/70M of dead money. If he gets healthy he opts out at the end of next year and gets a raise. The reports around Lonzo are troubling. I think he may be bone on bone on that knee the way they talk. I like him a lot... I'd be scared he never stays healthy.

Depending on which first it was, I would give up Conley and a first for Ball, no question.
I wouldn’t. But I’d take the money and return them a really good point guard on a shorter and more flexible deal.

If I’m them, I at least think about it. The scary thing is no one quite knows why he has lingering pain so it’s kinda hard to assess the long term implications.

Nah... if Ball is broken you have him for 3/70M of dead money. If he gets healthy he opts out at the end of next year and gets a raise. The reports around Lonzo are troubling. I think he may be bone on bone on that knee the way they talk. I like him a lot... I'd be scared he never stays healthy.
Just underwent surgery today and will be reevaluated in a about a month. I feel you, but if the prognosis is good, may be worth a chance.

I think the risk/reward calculation for both teams makes it a good deal straight across.

Yeah, Ball's long term health is questionable, but he's also a volume 3pt shooter on high percentages who is a high level passer and high level defender at age 24.

It'd be a no brainer option to give the Bulls the Nets first and '23 Minnesota first and Mike Conley for Ball IMO.

Yeah, if we were giving them back a player who was relatively in his prime on a long-term fair deal, then a swap would make sense. The Bulls give up high end value for more guaranteed value, but that isnt the case with any of our available players (other than maybe Clarkson, but Clarkson also kind of sucks and isnt near close to Ball's value).
their window for whatever the hell it is they are doing is right now. I seriously doubt Ball can get healthy enough to help this year. He plays 50 games a year and now has some troubling medical reports. I'm totally cool not buying low on Ball if Chicago wants more than a Conley swap. Bogey straight across is a pass for me too.

Yeah, Ball's long term health is questionable, but he's also a volume 3pt shooter on high percentages who is a high level passer and high level defender at age 24.

It'd be a no brainer option to give the Bulls the Nets first and '23 Minnesota first and Mike Conley for Ball IMO.
I wouldn't offer the Minnesota pick w/o protections. Utah needs talent in this draft and though Minnesota looks phenomenal on paper, that's not 100%.

their window for whatever the hell it is they are doing is right now. I seriously doubt Ball can get healthy enough to help this year. He plays 50 games a year and now has some troubling medical reports. I'm totally cool not buying low on Ball if Chicago wants more than a Conley swap. Bogey straight across is a pass for me too.
They dont have a window without Lonzo Ball. Conley or Bogey does not open that window any further if Lonzo isnt there.

Can I just say that everything written and discussed in that recent Salt Lake Tribune article has been talked about and discussed for weeks here already.

They dont have a window without Lonzo Ball. Conley or Bogey does not open that window any further if Lonzo isnt there.
I'm not talking championship... I'm saying whatever this era is for the Bulls it runs on Demarr and Lavine's timeline. If Lonzo provides no value for them this year that hurts whatever the hell this is that they are doing. Vuc also a FA but he sucks so whatevs.

Until he proves he can play these prices are too steep for what I'd do... by AS break if he isn't on the court the view on that contract will be that its more liability than asset.

I'm not talking championship... I'm saying whatever this era is for the Bulls it runs on Demarr and Lavine's timeline. If Lonzo provides no value for them this year that hurts whatever the hell this is that they are doing. Vuc also a FA but he sucks so whatevs.

Until he proves he can play these prices are too steep for what I'd do... by AS break if he isn't on the court the view on that contract will be that its more liability than asset.
I think you are taking an extremely doomer position on Ball's health and really playing the worst case scenario out in your head. He has immense value and his current health situation isnt dire enough to erase that.

We should 100% not give up any picks for Lonzo lmao.
You are out of your ****ing mind if you would balk at trading Conley and the Nets or T'Wolves first for him. I understand maybe both being too rich for some, but one is still an incredible bargain for a player of Lonzo's unique talents.

Lonzo is like a 1 of 1 player. You arent going to find defensive 1st guards w/ plus size who can play either guard spot, make your teammates better on both ends, shoot volume 3s at a high percentage, can defend multiple positions, make your team play faster ,etc.

Giving up late first and gambling on his health is a bargain if it's on the table. I doubt it is.

I think you are taking an extremely doomer position on Ball's health and really playing the worst case scenario out in your head. He has immense value and his current health situation isnt dire enough to erase that.
Not really. He had a surgery with a 6-8 week timetable for return last year. He has a bone bruise in his knee... he experienced discomfort every time he ramped up to basketball running activities... he wasn't able to get healthy in 8 months and now he had to have a surgery again a week before training camp. Also he misses 30 games a year...

I think you are very much dismissing this as nothing to see. Talent ain't worth **** if it on the bench.

Not really. He had a surgery with a 6-8 week timetable for return last year. He has a bone bruise in his knee... he experienced discomfort every time he ramped up to basketball running activities... he wasn't able to get healthy in 8 months and now he had to have a surgery again a week before training camp. Also he misses 30 games a year...

I think you are very much dismissing this as nothing to see. Talent ain't worth **** if it on the bench.
He's still playing basketball games and is only 24 (or 25 or going on 25 soon, idk). He hasnt torn his ACL or achilles. He isnt on the Jonathan Isaac level (maybe a guy Jazz should also try to go after) of not playing due to consistent injuries.

Is it worrying? Sure.

Is he still incredibly valuable and worth the risk? Abso****inglutely.