What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

We just topped 1000 pages in this thread, at least the way my view is set up. Unbelievable. The biggest trade thread we have ever had? Highly likely.
I don't know but I remember the 2017-2018 trade thread discussing Niko and that ended up being probably my most prolific posting quantities on this forum since I had been in high school.

I will say KO has been pleasantly surprising. He’s the type of player you ****ing hate if you plays against him but love if he’s on your team.
We were getting our asses handed to us in the fourth quarter uarter till KO fouled out. Not really his fault I guess, he gets exposed with the lineups they play with. We turned things around once he left the game and pulled away.

Lakers are going to break down and do a deal with Indiana... and one of the big reasons is they can save a huge amount of money cuz Indiana is over the cap. If they are going to be mediocre at least they will save some money.

Lakers are going to break down and do a deal with Indiana... and one of the big reasons is they can save a huge amount of money cuz Indiana is over the cap. If they are going to be mediocre at least they will save some money.
Myles Turner isnt reliable enough for a deal to happen.

I still think it's Utah. Our assets are mid enough to where they can come to a compromise where it's not both picks and our players are good enough (and we have enough of them) that the Lakers can improve their depth enough to be a decent team without giving up too much.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sexton apart of a Lakers deal but the problem is he can’t be traded up December 15th and I highly doubt the Lakers wait that long.

We are currently 6.9M under the cap so there is still wiggle room for the Lakers to save money in a deal with us.

Conley/Beasley/Gay saves them 2.6M salary wise and 7M off of their luxury tax bill total.

If I were the Lakers, I'd want Clarkson, and I'd try to unload Nunn and/or Schroeder in the process. I might also look at Beasley.

We probably should've hung onto Bogey into the season. The Lakers might've gotten desperate enough to give up both picks for a package involving him. And it's not like losing him has helped us to lose more games.

Imagine you're the Lakers and you've started 0-4 and you're looking at dumping Westbrook to pick up Mike Conley and/or Jordan Clarkson and/or and Malik Beasley.

Now imagine an alternate universe where you're the Lakers and you're 0-4 and you're looking to dump Westbrook and pick up Patrick Beverley, Bojan Bogdanovic, Jordan Clarkson, Mike Conley and/or Malik Beasley.

We probably should've hung onto Bogey into the season. The Lakers might've gotten desperate enough to give up both picks for a package involving him. And it's not like losing him has helped us to lose more games.

Imagine you're the Lakers and you've started 0-4 and you're looking at dumping Westbrook to pick up Mike Conley and/or Jordan Clarkson and/or and Malik Beasley.

Now imagine an alternate universe where you're the Lakers and you're 0-4 and you're looking to dump Westbrook and pick up Patrick Beverley, Bojan Bogdanovic, Jordan Clarkson, Mike Conley and/or Malik Beasley.
Both teams made mistakes. Any Westbrook move done in the preseason would have way less disruption to the actual season and allowed them to hit the ground running. Even if they get the same exact deal now its like 5%-10% worse... because they have lost some utility. We really should have worked to find some middle ground, but maybe the Lakers just needed to be reminded of how the Russ thing goes so maybe they wouldn't meet in the middle.

Tonight is an amazing no lose situation for the Jazz though... Lakers win and Minny pick gets a bump... Minny wins and Lebron posts more passive aggressive BS... especially if Russ sucks in the bench role.

I don’t see the lakers wanting Conley really. He’s got 2 years on his deal and they already have like 9 pg’s. Plus he’s pretty expensive. They do need someone that can distribute, but I don’t see them excited about Mike.
It’d be awesome to make the trade and hold onto JC but I wouldn’t hesitate too much to include him if it got the deal done. The Jazz need to start losing some games- haha. JC is probably worth a first on his own. If the lakers snooze too long the price might be too steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see the lakers wanting Conley really. He’s got 2 years on his deal and they already have like 9 pg’s. Plus he’s pretty expensive. They do need someone that can distribute, but I don’t see them excited about Mike.
It’d be awesome to make the trade and hold onto JC but I wouldn’t hesitate too much to include him if it got the deal done. The Jazz need to start losing some games- haha. JC is probably worth a first on his own. If the lakers snooze too long the price might be too steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lakers need a willing distributor and someone who hits open shots. It’s really the ideal situation for Mike. He’d look pretty good in that role.

The Lakers need a willing distributor and someone who hits open shots. It’s really the ideal situation for Mike. He’d look pretty good in that role.
Rob Pelinka is incompetent, so he probably doesn't quite realize it yet... but his best bet to add a star or a FA is actually not to open up the 30M in cap space by letting Russ' deal expire, but rather to have optionality and expiring money to pair with their draft picks. If they think they can sign someone with 30M then trade for a star... well are you trading Lebron, AD, or the FA you just signed... cuz that's the only salary on the books.

Having Mike, Malik's option might help them make the Kyrie deal work. Rob really gonna throw away a year of Lebron and AD to maybe sign a sub max tier FA and keep a couple picks in 5-7 years.

I'm still keeping an eye on Conley to the Clippers. They are off to a disappointing start and even though Wall is putting up good numbers, they are using him as a 6th man scorer and could use an upgrade at PG in their starting unit.

I wish we could make KO available now... not trade eligible for like 25 days... KO, Beas, Conley is a deal they should jump at and gives them help and shooting at multiple positions.

Yeah, November 21st.

If they added Nunn they’d still save around 1.2M in this deal too. That’s the exact type of deal they should do.