What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Send Beasley to Memphis for Green and Kennedy plus the worse of their 2024 picks (GS or Memphis) or for Green and Laravia. They have too many developing players they are trying to keep in the rotation. They can trade one.

Can someone explain to me why are we talking about trading Beasley? Don’t we want players who can shoot? Is he too old? Too short? I haven’t been following news much but I’m games he seems like one of the better shooters.
He's got more value right now than he will have going forward... because of the team option on his deal. We have some guys that are a bit shot happy. He is awful at defense.

If it truly is a seller's market then we should be able to get something solid for him. You can replace what he brings in FA or through another trade.

We very well could keep him but then he is expiring next year. I think it would also be good to let the young guys get some more run these next 30 games. I'm cool with whatever they decide.

I would have thought he was less available than reports suggest too. If someone we like is available then good for us!

I just struggle to see good player only acquisitions. I don't like the Collins fit with Kessler. I don't like the price or contract length on OG. If we could sell off and get some picks that would be my first choice. Use those picks later. I think this summer you could look at acquiring some win-now young vets after you see how the draft played out.

With Collins is that we're trading overvalued assets for an undervalued one. I don't think Collins is the perfect fit long term, but I think he will prove to be much better than he looks right now. The biggest holdback for me is that it may disrupt some FA/cap space plans in summer 2024....but I'd like to be in the business of buying and flipping players. Given how low Collins has seen his value drop, I think it's good opportunity to swoop in.

If we get something better for Beasley+Vando sure....but getting Collins and a pick is definitely a deal worth accepting IMO.

Can someone explain to me why are we talking about trading Beasley? Don’t we want players who can shoot? Is he too old? Too short? I haven’t been following news much but I’m games he seems like one of the better shooters.
Not consistent enough for me to want to commit to long-term.

He's not awful defensively, but he isnt good, and that makes him redundant to Clarkson/Sexton who are also not awful defensively, but definitely not good.

With Collins is that we're trading overvalued assets for an undervalued one. I don't think Collins is the perfect fit long term, but I think he will prove to be much better than he looks right now. The biggest holdback for me is that it may disrupt some FA/cap space plans in summer 2024....but I'd like to be in the business of buying and flipping players. Given how low Collins has seen his value drop, I think it's good opportunity to swoop in.

If we get something better for Beasley+Vando sure....but getting Collins and a pick is definitely a deal worth accepting IMO.
I'd do it too... but I'm more excited about the pick and I think we'd find the fit issues with Walker to be similar to Capela. There are more than a few that would do it straight up and I'm just not there.

He's got more value right now than he will have going forward... because of the team option on his deal. We have some guys that are a bit shot happy. He is awful at defense.

If it truly is a seller's market then we should be able to get something solid for him. You can replace what he brings in FA or through another trade.

We very well could keep him but then he is expiring next year. I think it would also be good to let the young guys get some more run these next 30 games. I'm cool with whatever they decide.

Thanks!