What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Just checked.
Only McDermott, Will Barton, and Malaki Branham rank worst than Bones defensively.
Bones ranks 246 out of 250 players at -3.5

Jordan Clarkson ranks 240th which isn't much better. (-3.1)

Mike Conley and Collin Sexton are tied at 190th (-1.2)

It's easy enough to check these things.

Just checked.
Only McDermott, Will Barton, and Malaki Branham rank worst than Bones defensively.

Cy just makes stuff up to fit his narrative about Sexton.

Just checked.

Sir you just provided us numbers without referencing what they actually are then had the audacity to act glib about it. There are a number of advanced defensive metrics.

Sir you just provided us numbers without referencing what they actually are then had the audacity to act glib about it. There are a number of advanced defensive metrics.

The advanced stats are available. I like to look at this site. Just click on the defensive raptor column.
Bones is in his 2nd season. Despite being on a very good defensive team he has not improved defensively at all.
Bones is also 6'-2" and is skinny as a rail. Even with the eye test I don't see him as having favorable measurables to defend at this level.

The advanced stats are available. I like to look at this site. Just click on the defensive raptor column.
Bones is in his 2nd season. Despite being on a very good defensive team he has not improved defensively at all.
Bones is also 6'-2" and is skinny as a rail. Even with the eye test I don't see him as having favorable measurables to defend at this level.
We calling the 13th ranked defensive team (by defensive rating) very good at defense?

And still a better defender than Collin Sexton...
Just checked.

Stop bringing facts into his biased ranting.

Stop bringing facts into his biased ranting.
Now go and compare all of Sexton's prior seasons as well and view a larger sample than half a season and factor in that Bones hasnt completed his 2nd full NBA season yet and he has to develop while on a contender.

Jesus you can set your watch to this **** lately.

I’d love to see a Cy post once go “damn, after looking at it I was wrong about Bones”.

What a hill to die on…..Bones ****ing Hyland. Jesus Christ…
Yall made the hill up. I'm not dying on a bones hyland hill. All Im saying is I would trade Jared freaking Vanderbilt for him...

Yall think because Im calling him a better potential player than Sexton that I'm heaping high praise on him....

The Jazz currently have no PG past Mike Conley.

If we can use JV to invest in a guy with some potential, I think that's something worth considering. That's it. I'm fully aware Bones is not currently a good defender. He has more defensive potential than Sexton and that's just a fact.

Second round picks suck and we dont need 3 players who are old

You are waiving Hill, Grayson is 27 (maybe a better all-around player than Beasley, especially if you factor defense,) and Beauchamp is a rookie (and most of the reason you do the deal.)

The Bucks are deep in win now and aren't developing a rookie, and really, really need what Beasley can give them over the defensive boost Grayson brings.

You are waiving Hill, Grayson is 27 (maybe a better all-around player than Beasley, especially if you factor defense,) and Beauchamp is a rookie (and most of the reason you do the deal.)

The Bucks are deep in win now and aren't developing a rookie, and really, really need what Beasley can give them over the defensive boost Grayson brings.
I like Marjon... saw him up close at summer league and was like.... Damn dude is big and moves well. I'd be okay with this deal for sure... even though it means we have to look at Grayson.