What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

NAW is waaaay more a pg than Bones imo. Give me NAW over Bones.
Not at all. Bones is a pretty good creator. He has to even some things out, but he has has high creation potential for himself and his teammates.

NAW cant really create for himself or others, but he has gotten good at making the simple passes, but he turns the ball over a lot despite having very low creation quality.

The Jazz currently have no PG past Mike Conley.

If we can use JV to invest in a guy with some potential, I think that's something worth considering. That's it. I'm fully aware Bones is not currently a good defender. He has more defensive potential than Sexton and that's just a fact.

Nice goalpost moving. First Bones was a better defender than Sexton and now he has more defensive potential.

Not at all. Bones is a pretty good creator. He has to even some things out, but he has has high creation potential for himself and his teammates.

NAW cant really create for himself or others, but he has gotten good at making the simple passes, but he turns the ball over a lot despite having very low creation quality.
Well I will take his efficiency and defense over being able to create a few extra ****** shots for himself.

You do you though... I ain't here for arguing about Bones... he's not a guy I would be interested in at all. Its not just the cost to acquire him... projects use up dev time and I'd rather see what NAW and THT have before going to get this guy.

You are smoking rocks if you actually believe that.

If Bones was on the Jazz, he wouldnt be getting DNP's in favor of THT.
Sure... same assist and turnover numbers... one guy has become really efficient... and one guy rates as one of the worst defenders in the league while the other is a positive on that end.

Again please provide something to back up your ridiculous claim.
Well to start off, if Defensive Raptor is the God Tier defensive stat:

Sexton's 1st Season: -5.5
2nd: -4.6
3rd: -2.9
5th: -1.2

Hyland 1st season: -1.6
2nd: -3.5

So Hyland has a better average defensive raptor average. Combine that with his better length and being younger, he has a higher defensive ceiling while being the better defender.

Now go and compare all of Sexton's prior seasons as well and view a larger sample than half a season and factor in that Bones hasnt completed his 2nd full NBA season yet and he has to develop while on a contender.
I wish we had better defensive guards… but Sexton is on the same general skill level defensively as every other guard on the team and Mitchell when he was on the Jazz over the past 2-3 seasons.

So while I agree that isn’t great… I don’t recall you losing it on all of them like you do on Sexton.

I wish we had better defensive guards… but Sexton is on the same general skill level defensively as every other guard on the team and Mitchell when he was on the Jazz over the past 2-3 seasons.

So while I agree that isn’t great… I don’t recall you losing it on all of them like you do on Sexton.
Sexton BY FAR makes many more mental mistakes than any player on the team when it comes to defense.

Me and Hardy got something in common because we both get frustrated with Sexton's mental mistakes.

Well to start off, if Defensive Raptor is the God Tier defensive stat:

Sexton's 1st Season: -5.5
2nd: -4.6
3rd: -2.9
5th: -1.2

Hyland 1st season: -1.6
2nd: -3.5

So Hyland has a better average defensive raptor average. Combine that with his better length and being younger, he has a higher defensive ceiling while being the better defender.
It also shows Sexton improving while Hyland is getting worse?!

What do you realistically think they could offer?
Pritchard is wasting away on the bench. They have a first they can offer but would likely need us to take back Gallos salary. I doubt it’s a great match.