What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The Jazz currently have no PG past Mike Conley.

If we can use JV to invest in a guy with some potential, I think that's something worth considering. That's it. I'm fully aware Bones is not currently a good defender. He has more defensive potential than Sexton and that's just a fact.

PG is our deepest position group.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm sure they want him, but they don't really have anything they would give for him. Also, they, more than anyone are going to avoid Danny Ainge at the trade deadline. . .

What do you realistically think they could offer?

Pritchard is wasting away on the bench. They have a first they can offer but would likely need us to take back Gallos salary. I doubt it’s a great match.

They have a TPE they can absorb Vanderbilt with. They also own Houston’s second round pick this year which will be in the 31-33 range. It’s not the best return but saving 4.4M this year and getting a pretty decent second isn’t too bad. We could grab a extra future second or two from them as well.

I was trying to decide between crown burger and The Philadelphian yesterday. Went with the Philadelphian and it was ok but i was underwhelmed (expectations were probably too high).
Wish i would have went to crown.

Damn, now i want Crown Burger.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Will you guys please stop talking about Crown Burger. I am just about ready to embark on a 12 hour journey this weekend to Utah just to get some crown burger. Damnit.

You didnt read what I posted. I didnt proclaim anything... I asked the question, and even repeated that by saying "the signs are mixed". You are the one with stronger conviction, and picking the expert you choose to trust here. So you are the one hearing what you want.

The best way to upgrade our roster right now is to get a PF who can guard perimeter and at least shoot corner 3s. We are connected to every single player of that type who is potentially cheap enough to just switch pieces around without giving up assets. Even Jalen McDaniels, whose contract is expiring this year. And DFS, who is 29 years old. Mavs were not interested in any of our guys, but suddenly Beasley is on their radar.

Why are we pushing for that archtype right now when we could easily address it in the draft as you said?
I answered the question... if you think we are going to be a buyer you are hearing what you want. It is not just McMahon... its Locke and others. Most think we are the extreme side of selling like Windy and KOC and others. We will not make a short term win now decision... that is what a "buyer" is.

McDaniels is a good add for the next several years and if you get him its because you want his bird rights... not because you are a buyer. McMahon threw all sorts of cold water on any DFS trade... just said his name is out there a little and the Jazz would be interested but that both parties (parties he is tied into) wouldn't have a roster match in a direct deal. If we got DFS it would be by cracking into the side of a bigger trade and acting as the third or fourth team. Danny want to be in every conversation so he has maximum intel. Being rumored in on guys like DFS strikes me as both teams wanting to be in that conversation.

I don't think its all that mixed... we will be a seller if we can get good draft comp or guys we like... we will acquire a player that fits for the next 3-4 years if a good opportunity arises. I highly doubt we dip into our reserve of picks unless a smoking deal comes through on a younger player.

We find a player in the 3 and D mold now because you need 3-4 guys that hit those boxes and you can play many of them at the same time... its why you search for opportunities to find those guys even if you believe in Ochai. We could add one in the draft, add one in FA, and have Ochai progress.... and still want another guy in that mold.

Both are true. The reality is we have made everyone available except (Lauri, Ochai and Walker) that means we are open for business. But given the assets we have we are on the hunt for 3 and D players and positional size as previously mentioned by Tony Jones. In this market I think it is unlikely that we buy given the elevated values. Unless the FO is looking at a sell high, buy high proposition.
Its not a perfectly efficient market... so you could sell different and perceive it as capturing value. If we make a trade for a guy like DFS it will be because a significant buy low opportunity arose that we had a unique ability to capture. Basically it won't happen... I think DFS being out there is really Dallas wanting people to call them... cuz their other **** is not desirable.

If we swap Vando for McDaniels or something like that its to get bird rights and try to keep him. Its a future facing move that could have some additional value now... but the design of the trade isn't for the next 30 games if that makes sense. When I think "buyer" I think a team that want to make a run now... if someone else has a different definition then fine. I think we are positioned well to be a seller in a seller's market and the reports from Windy, McMahon and others are that we would really like to be a seller... so it does make me lol a bit when someone asks "are we a buyer?"

Even the Collins deal is about the next 3 years and not just this year. We only do that deal with draft compensation.

They have a TPE they can absorb Vanderbilt with. They also own Houston’s second round pick this year which will be in the 31-33 range. It’s not the best return but saving 4.4M this year and getting a pretty decent second isn’t too bad. We could grab a extra future second or two from them as well.
Good to know... they have an enormous tax bill though... so I would guess Vando would go in their TPE and we'd take Gallo into our TPE. I doubt the would be the ones adding money. So maybe Gallo/Payton and a second for Vando?

Indiana has Houston 2nd... Boston has Portland's though.

Can we please stop with trading vando for a second round pick. He's worth more to us than a crappy second.

Utah/Denver just seem like natural trade partners with Bones/Vanderbilt.

Denver has no bad contracts. They only have their 2029 pick tradeable. They really have no way to improve their roster outside of Bones and Braun. They only have Ish Smith and Jeff Green as salary matchers, which combined with Bones, can only get them to about 11 million dollars in tradeable salary. Of the projected sellers, I'm not sure who else can fill Denver's needs as well as Utah can.

If the Bulls become sellers, something like Smith/Bones for Caruso could make sense for both sides. But I'm struggling to think of other teams who make sense.

Bones straight up for JV is a bit too lopsided though seeing as Bones will have two more years on his rookie contract (unless Denver is high on JV. JV seems like a guy who probably has a wider range of value depending on who you are asking). Just a fantastic value where as JV will only have 1 more season after this year until he hits UFA.

Utah could add in NAW and make it a JV/NAW for Smith/Bones trade. NAW would probably be a decent fit in Denver for the season.

At this point, I wouldn't even want another pick in 2023 unless it is in the lottery. We already have 3 in the first round and it will be hard to trade up with this much hype. However depending on our record, we might not even have one at all in 2024 so that is the year I want to add first round picks. Also isn't 2024 still when we expect the double draft where the league eliminates the 1 year post high school rule? If so, that draft could be special and we might not even have a 1st round pick.

Good to know... they have an enormous tax bill though... so I would guess Vando would go in their TPE and we'd take Gallo into our TPE. I doubt the would be the ones adding money. So maybe Gallo/Payton and a second for Vando?

Indiana has Houston 2nd... Boston has Portland's though.

This is what I am seeing:

Boston receives the most favorable second round selection between Dallas, Miami or Houston.

Where are you seeing that Indiana owns it?