What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Dont have much time to post but allways nice to read.
On my opinion, blaiming Don or Rudy for the loss is a bit stupid. We have two great players , Don, real offensive weapon but weak on defense, Rudy, fantastic on defense and rebound but weak at offense. We can trade one of them, both of them but he will be change for the worst. My opinion is to keep them, change the coach and put around them what we are missing now, more athletic players, better defender. Let Don run the offense and make sure around him, there is some less shiny players doing the job in defense. Offesne was not an issue for us ( at least until we **** up on PO) but defense has been all season long.
It's just going to be tough to add any significant talent without trading one of them.

The craziest part of all of this is 25.5 PPG on 40% from the field, 5.7 APG, 4.3 RPG, 88.1% from the free throw line on 7 attempts per game is considered an absolute terrible series. That’s how good he is.

He was extra terrible on defense and from three though. We shouldn’t have to rely on ONE guy making a couple of extra threes to win a series but here we are.
Yep. It's funny to me how Donovan gets so much flack around here. Much of which he deserves for not having a good series.

I do have a question for all of you - for a player who has had an "all star appearance" within two years, is Mike Conley's performance in this year's playoffs the worst performance in NBA history?

29 MPG
33% FG
20% 3PT
4.8 APG
2.2 TPG
9.2 PPG

I mean, that is absolutely pathetic. Got to be the worst performance ever for a guy who was an "all star" so close to playing in the playoffs. Add that to the fact that Royce and Rudy cannot create a lick of offense, how does anybody expect anybody to perform with consistent efficiency in a playoff series?

Yep. It's funny to me how Donovan gets so much flack around here. Much of which he deserves for not having a good series.

I do have a question for all of you - for a player who has had an "all star appearance" within two years, is Mike Conley's performance in this year's playoffs the worst performance in NBA history?

29 MPG
33% FG
20% 3PT
4.8 APG
2.2 TPG
9.2 PPG

I mean, that is absolutely pathetic. Got to be the worst performance ever for a guy who was an "all star" so close to playing in the playoffs. Add that to the fact that Royce and Rudy cannot create a lick of offense, how does anybody expect anybody to perform with consistent efficiency in a playoff series?
So putting Donovan with 3-4 guys who can’t create is a bad idea I guess.

Donovan played like dog ****… so did Mike… maybe if Donovan plays better then Mike isn’t as bad. Or maybe both guys just happened to ply like dog **** and it’s their own fault and they could just own it.

Donovan played like dog ****… so did Mike… maybe if Donovan plays better then Mike isn’t as bad. Or maybe both guys just happened to ply like dog **** and it’s their own fault and they could just own it.
Putting anybody with 3-4 guys who can't create is a bad idea.

So you are putting Donovan and Mike in the same category? What numbers are you looking at?

If Donovan played like "dog ****", then Mike Conley was playing for the other team. I cannot believe you are lumping their performances in together. Conley was record breaking bad.

Dallas defended Don in numbers because they knew they could. Conley was guarded by one guy and put up record breaking numbers. Don was guarded my their whole team's focus, and put up better numbers.

How do you not see the difference?

Dallas defended Don in numbers because they knew they could. Conley was guarded by one guy and put up record breaking numbers. Don was guarded my their whole team's focus, and put up better numbers.

How do you not see the difference?
Do you just sit at home and think about ways to White Knight for Donny on the daily?

Its hilarious that people sit on here and act like Donovan is a top 20 player then demand we dont criticize him without mentioning that Mike Conley had a bad playoff series (basically the first bad playoff series in his career).

Yes, everyone has ****ing commented on how bad Mike was this year in the PO. THere is an entire thread where we all gave him a "F" and no one gave Donovan a "F". It's just the stars shoulder more of the blame. It's how it works.

Putting anybody with 3-4 guys who can't create is a bad idea.

So you are putting Donovan and Mike in the same category? What numbers are you looking at?

If Donovan played like "dog ****", then Mike Conley was playing for the other team. I cannot believe you are lumping their performances in together. Conley was record breaking bad.
There are different degrees of dog ****… Mike was runny dog **** that you can feel the liquify warmth through the thin plastic… Don was the thick solid dog **** but the volume made it no fun… either way you are holding dog **** and it sucks.

I see that Cy has posted something, but I haven't read it because he's blocked.

Let me guess what he said - "blah blah blah. Donovan. blah blah blah. Donovan. I gave a Conley an F. blah blah blah. Donovan."

Mike Conley was supposed to be the missing link between being good and being a contender. It's too bad he has been completely terrible - his trade, his ability take us up another level, his ability to stay on the court in 2020 and 2021, and his play on the court in 2022.

Worst trade in franchise history...... but we lost to Dallas because of Donovan. Clowns.

Let me guess what he said - "blah blah blah. Donovan. blah blah blah. Donovan. I gave a Conley an F. blah blah blah. Donovan."

Mike Conley was supposed to be the missing link between being good and being a contender. It's too bad he has been completely terrible - his trade, his ability take us up another level, his ability to stay on the court in 2020 and 2021, and his play on the court in 2022.

Worst trade in franchise history...... but we lost to Dallas because of Donovan. Clowns.
You read it. Very coward/weasel behavior on display

Mitchell is the offensive Star on this team. It’s up to him to raise not only his level of play but the level of his teammates. That’s the responsibility of a star for his team. In all but one of those games he didn’t do that. For the most part he got his numbers and that’s about it. The one game where he showed trust in his teammates the jazz won. The one game where he didn’t try to go one on five the jazz won. It’s not so much that this team around Don is subpar, but what makes a superstar is how he elevates the play of the team. Don for the most part doesn’t do that.

Lmao, of course you read his post. Just stop it holy **** man!!!

Mitchell is the offensive Star on this team. It’s up to him to raise not only his level of play but the level of his teammates. That’s the responsibility of a star for his team. In all but one of those games he didn’t do that. For the most part he got his numbers and that’s about it. The one game where he showed trust in his teammates the jazz won. The one game where he didn’t try to go one on five the jazz won. It’s not so much that this team around Don is subpar, but what makes a superstar is how he elevates the play of the team. Don for the most part doesn’t do that.
Did you watch the series? The last three games he deferred to teammates a ton. Teammates, like Mike especially, continued to disappoint.

In Game 3, he had 9 assists but should have had 15. Bojan and Mike couldn't hit a thing. He only shot 17 times and shot over 50%.

Truth is, if Don shoots too much. Yall bitch. If he doesn't shoot enough. Yall bitch. Yall just want to blame Don when really it's everybody's fault including Don.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I didn't have a problem with Don's offense in the playoffs. It was his defense that was atrocious and it shouldn't be - Donovan has the physical makeup of being a plus defender, but he chooses not to.

Conley's not the worst Jazz trade in history (you ain't beating trading our #3 pick of Dominque Wilkins for John Drew, Freeman Williams and a pittance of cash). He was terrific last year, but absolutely eroded this year when it mattered.

I would say Game 6 Mitchell also played really well in terms of shot selection and making the right plays. He was still dog **** on defense and regularly let up free points, but he played well offensively in Game 6.

I didn't have a problem with Don's offense in the playoffs. It was his defense that was atrocious and it shouldn't be - Donovan has the physical makeup of being a plus defender, but he chooses not to.

Conley's not the worst Jazz trade in history (you ain't beating trading our #3 pick of Dominque Wilkins for John Drew, Freeman Williams and a pittance of cash). He was terrific last year, but absolutely eroded this year when it mattered.
Also the idea that it's the worst thing to happen during this era of the team is crazy. Hayward leaving,trading away Favors with a first because you overpaid, the terrible MLE vet signings, and drafting Exum over Smart where all bigger negatives to this teams ability to add talent and perform.

Also the idea that it's the worst thing to happen during this era of the team is crazy. Hayward leaving,trading away Favors with a first because you overpaid, the terrible MLE vet signings, and drafting Exum over Smart where all bigger negatives to this teams ability to add talent and perform.
Oh and I forgot drafting Udola over Bane and drafting Bradley over Hart.

But please, keep bitching like a baby about getting an All Star PG that elevated our offense to all time great status in a fair trade