What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I would say Game 6 Mitchell also played really well in terms of shot selection and making the right plays. He was still dog **** on defense and regularly let up free points, but he played well offensively in Game 6.
Well it was a while ago, but I just remember Don Burying the team down the stretch because he was going one on five a bunch. I just remember how much I loved watching him play down the stretch in game four because he was actually Making the right plays down the stretch. For the most part he didn’t. Oh, and he’s got to at least look like he’s trying on defense.

Yeah, but the sad thing is that even if we make that great trade, the team is still destined to failure with Don. He would get a trophy if he combined that with a Don trade
At very least it helps add a pick and gives us two guys that can be re-traded for value when we decide to tank.

Also the idea that it's the worst thing to happen during this era of the team is crazy. Hayward leaving,trading away Favors with a first because you overpaid, the terrible MLE vet signings, and drafting Exum over Smart where all bigger negatives to this teams ability to add talent and perform.
The Conley trade was fine based on value we gave up and value he provided. It hurt in that we had one big move that kinda needed to be a home run... and that one was a single/double. In hindsight its the opportunity cost that I wish we could have done a little better.

You are correct though... we had other "at bats" and struck out in comical fashion time and time again. Hitting a few singles on any of those would have changed some things for us in a serious way.

Well it was a while ago, but I just remember Don Burying the team down the stretch because he was going one on five a bunch. I just remember how much I loved watching him play down the stretch in game four because he was actually Making the right plays down the stretch. For the most part he didn’t. Oh, and he’s got to at least look like he’s trying on defense.
Don goes 1 on 5 quite a bit. That's my point.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The Deal: OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr., a 2023 first-round pick swap and a 2024 first-round pick for Rudy Gobert

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956628-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-toronto-raptors-forward-og-anunoby

All of those trades fall pretty short of the value Masai will get for OG if he chooses to move him. Maybe the Portland trade is the closest to something I could see... Little, #7 and some scraps... but only if there is someone he loves in the draft.

So putting Donovan with 3-4 guys who can’t create is a bad idea I guess.

Donovan played like dog ****… so did Mike… maybe if Donovan plays better then Mike isn’t as bad. Or maybe both guys just happened to ply like dog **** and it’s their own fault and they could just own it.
Lol you sure blaming Donovan for Conley's struggle is a good idea?

Mike averaged 17pt on 35% shooting per 100poss with Donovan on the floor and only 13pt on 28% shooting without Donovan. Donovan played like **** yes but without him being there to take the offensive load, your mIGhT cOnLEy would be so lost

Lol you sure blaming Donovan for Conley's struggle is a good idea?

Mike averaged 17pt on 35% shooting per 100poss with Donovan on the floor and only 13pt on 28% shooting without Donovan. Donovan played like **** yes but without him being there to take the offensive load, your mIGhT cOnLEy would be so lost
I wasn't blaming him... I was tongue in cheek showing how easy it is just to say stuff. Both guys played bad... One guy is the franchise pillar the other is a role player. Not sure one guy's terrible play helped or hurt the other... but some folks don't want Donovan taking any heat so it has to be Mike, Rudy, or Quin... maybe it was Obama.

I wasn't blaming him... I was tongue in cheek showing how easy it is just to say stuff. Both guys played bad... One guy is the franchise pillar the other is a role player. Not sure one guy's terrible play helped or hurt the other... but some folks don't want Donovan taking any heat so it has to be Mike, Rudy, or Quin... maybe it was Obama.
Oh Lopo would 100% blame it on Obama before Donovan

Don deserves heat, but he doesn't deserve the blame.

The Conley trade sucked. Rubio would have provided as much, but this is a dead horse beating contest now.

Don deserves heat, but he doesn't deserve the blame.

The Conley trade sucked. Rubio would have provided as much, but this is a dead horse beating contest now.

Ahh yes, the Rubio who made our offense about 10th-15th ranked vs Conley who elevated us to a #1 offense.

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Some people just have low IQ when it comes to basketball.

Except that "role player" was paid twice as much money in 3 years as your "franchise pillar" in 6? If Conley was brought in as a "role player" you know we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Like I said, Donovan deserves some blame but let's not jump to any conclusion until we can get him some real help.

Last edited:
Except that "role player" was paid twice as much money in 3 years as your "franchise pillar" in 5? If Conley was brought in as a "role player" you know we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Like I said, Donovan deserves some blame but let's not jump to any conclusion until we can get him some real help.
Real help?

The reality is that the Jazz have likely put the best talent he will likely ever have in his career around him unless he star jumps to a loaded team in UFA like KD did.

Trade his *** so he can get "real help" from somewhere else.

Except that "role player" was paid twice as much money in 3 years as your "franchise pillar" in 5? If Conley was brought in as a "role player" you know we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yeah, I found the "role player" comment about Conley pretty much a reason to avoid any more discussion on this matter.

I get told all the time that I "move the goalposts" in conversations. These Don haters want to rationalize the Conley trade saying that he was named an All Star (if you look at his numbers last year, what a joke that All Star selection was) then minimize Conley's expected impact like he shouldn't be expected to do all that much.

It's a bad joke really. Just like the trade was and has turned out.

Real help?

The reality is that the Jazz have likely put the best talent he will likely ever have in his career around him unless he star jumps to a loaded team in UFA like KD did.

Trade his *** so he can get "real help" from somewhere else.
Royce, Bogey and Conley are just average/below average starters that are not even top 15 in their positions meaning DM can just randomly go to any team and there's more than 50% chance that he will find better help than what the Jazz put together right now.

Royce, Bogey and Conley are just average/below average starters that are not even top 15 in their positions meaning DM can just randomly go to any team and there's more than 50% chance that he will find better help than what the Jazz put together right now.
The NBA is won by teams with two way players who assist the "stars". We don't have a single good two way player. That's why we struggle so much when it matters most.

Royce, Bogey and Conley have value, but not at the amount of minutes in such key roles we expect of them.

Royce is very much below average, yeah.

Bogey is very much above average. He's a near All-Star level player when it comes to offensive production.

Same with Conley, but more on a team scale and less individual.

Gobert is one of the best defensive players of all time and one of the best rim running centers at improving his team's ability to create open shots on offense.

The NBA is won by teams with two way players who assist the "stars". We don't have a single good two way player. That's why we struggle so much when it matters most.

Royce, Bogey and Conley have value, but not at the amount of minutes in such key roles we expect of them.
We struggle because our main star does jack **** to contribute to the culture when it comes to trying on defense. Team follows Don's lead. He's a ****** leader and it shows with how the team has started to play defense. Utah started to cater towards Don in team decisions and the team followed Don's defensive effort.

Yeah, I found the "role player" comment about Conley pretty much a reason to avoid any more discussion on this matter.

I get told all the time that I "move the goalposts" in conversations. These Don haters want to rationalize the Conley trade saying that he was named an All Star (if you look at his numbers last year, what a joke that All Star selection was) then minimize Conley's expected impact like he shouldn't be expected to do all that much.

It's a bad joke really. Just like the trade was and has turned out.
He was much more a role player this year. Bogey is a role player too... Conley isn't a franchise pillar like Rudy and Donovan... is that your argument here.

I just think you are too sensitive to any middle ground here. If Donovan had a good series by his standards we win the Dallas series... if Mike had a good series by his standards we likely win the series... are you happy now or does Donovan need to not be mentioned at all?

Its just amazing that some talk about Donovan like he's a top 5-10 player but if someone else says he should perform like a top 5-10 player for us to realize our ultimate goal he is a hater/clown who can't see the real issues.