What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Some supposed insider with the Hawks posted on a Hawks' fan board recently that the Hawks have worked out a deal for Gobert involving Capela, Hunter and a future FRP. Deal has some contingencies and likely has a 3rd team involved balancing the salary requirement. Deal would happen in early July. It sounds as though the Jazz aren't entirely opposed to trading Donovan, but would want a superstar in return. Barring the Jazz moving Mitchell for a superstar (e.g., Damian Lillard), the Jazz would likely trade Gobert.

This person also thinks that Charlotte is a leading candidate to land Ayton in a sign-and-trade, but that CP3 is pushing for the Suns to keep Ayton.

FWIW, this guy says Atlanta is also trying to use John Collins' contract in a sign-and-trade with Chicago for Lavine. Says they're willing to trade Collins for a star player. They want to acquire both Gobert and Lavine in the offseason.

This idiot is trolling us.

1. There’s no way we are trading Gobert for just Hunter and a throw in for salary matching purposes and only one pick, and not even this years pick!

2. The OP is ether a bitchass troll or short bus stupid for not posting a link. Where’s the link, idiot!!

Here's the link. Scroll down to the section on the NW Division. There is supposedly at least one more team involved, so that means more players and picks...

You can see it's ambitious from the Hawks' perspective, getting Lavine in a SNT for Collins, getting Gobert for Capella/Hunter/FRP, even potentially getting Colin Sexton from CLE.

Last edited:
That is a bad trade for Rudy. 4 times all NBA 3 times NBA player of the year. Led the league in rebounds. Protector of rim and a double double guy. Besides the pick will be bad considering how much better Atlanta will be with Rudy on the team. Hunter has potential but has been a disappointment so far in the league. I think this guy is just making stuff up to be honest.

Here's the link. Scroll down to the section on the NW Division. There is supposedly at least one more team involved, so that means more players and picks...

You can see it's ambitious from the Hawks' perspective, getting Lavine in a SNT for Collins, getting Gobert for Capella/Hunter/FRP, even potentially getting Colin Sexton from CLE.

Lmao. Basically the third team would be trading a GLeague type player. Pass!!

That is a bad trade for Rudy. 4 times all NBA 3 times NBA player of the year. Led the league in rebounds. Protector of rim and a double double guy. Besides the pick will be bad considering how much better Atlanta will be with Rudy on the team. Hunter has potential but has been a disappointment so far in the league. I think this guy is just making stuff up to be honest.

I don't think he's making stuff up. I think he's heavily biased in favor of the Hawks. None of these deals have happened, so obviously they're not finalized. How credible this is remains to be seen, but it suggests that Gobert is a big target for the Hawks.

Even if you believe every word he says, there are several teams interested in Lavine, so Lavine to the Hawks might not happen. Ayton may not sign with CHA or PHX might keep him. If Ayton is not available, the Hornets may be interested in Gobert. And just because the Hawks and Jazz have discussed a deal for Gobert doesn't mean the Jazz will ultimately accept it. A framework for a deal isn't the same as a done deal. Jazz can still ask for more as the market for Gobert gets better defined.

Last edited:
If the jazz trade Gobert and keep Mitchell, I’ll burn down Jazzfanz

If you believe what this guy is saying, he thinks the Jazz won't trade Mitchell unless they get a bonafide star in return. He mentions that the Jazz are watching what Portland does with Lillard.

I wonder what would happen if someone offers the Jazz a top-3 pick for Mitchell. Banchero could be a real franchise player if things break the right way.

Last edited:
If you believe what this guy is saying, he thinks the Jazz won't trade Mitchell unless they get a bonafide star in return. He mentions that the Jazz are watching what Portland does with Lillard.

I wonder what would happen if someone offers the Jazz a top-3 pick for Mitchell.
I read the piece about the jazz. If the jazz trade Mitchell for Lillard and keep Gobert, I’ll treat Jazzfanz like it’s heaven on earth.

Minnesota landing Connelly from Denver is kinda scary… if they are competent and are able to build on their current group they could get quite good.

I wonder if the Blazers would have any interest in Bogey if their pursuit of Jerami Grant falls through?

View: https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/status/1528835918928437248

I would think so. I think 7 for Bogey is way too rich. I proposed the Milwaukee pick they own for Bogey and we get out of the tax completely. There may be some middle ground if they were to trade #7 to like OKC for #12 and Dort, or #12 and Williams plus a couple picks... then maybe #12 and Bledsoe is a fair deal. Bledsoe is non-guaranteed but to be traded they would have to guarantee the salary. If they waive him they really don't clear any cap space because of cap holds.

To get #7, the Jazz would need to trade Gobert (and get a package back that includes #7) or trade for John Collins and send Collins to Portland, imo.

What that post means is that the Blazers are going to try to compete with Lillard in the short term.